Hacking Start

Nooby2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm pretty noob.. and I have no idea where to start if I get a R4. How much does 1 game takes from it (20mb or something?), is there a big chance that it will crash? Where to download games? Is it easy to use?

Greetings

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We cant tell you were to get games. This site doesnt accept them. There illegal unless you have the real game and try to sell the game online. R4 does not crash. It is easy to use. Try buying from Gameyeeeah. Mine came in 2 weeks from Hong Kong useing the cheapest method to ship. 1 game normally takes like 16 mb. the highest iv played was like 36 mb which was Zelda i think.

And welcome to GBATemp!

Nio

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Games usually have 4-8GB, so you can only put a part of it on a flashcard. Either you get 4-6 flash cards peer game or you have to do a lot of copy work, which is difficult when you are on holiday. R4 and all the other flash cards also crash a lot, usualy you can just play 4-6 minutes and saving never really works.

If you are to stupid to pirate and read FAQs than just dont do it and study for school instead.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Games usually have 4-8GB, so you can only put a part of it on a flashcard. Either you get 4-6 flash cards peer game or you have to do a lot of copy work, which is difficult when you are on holiday. R4 and all the other flash cards also crash a lot, usualy you can just play 4-6 minutes and saving never really works.

If you are to stupid to pirate and read FAQs than just dont do it and study for school instead.

You can play longer then just 4-6 minutes. Saving does work.

I can play my R4 for up to 4 hours straight. I do but i take like 10 min brakes in between. Im not saying im a hardcore NDS gamer cause im not. I ply my 360 alot more. My NDS for like portable uses. Im not like a hardcore gamer personally since it gives me headaches.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

You can play longer then just 4-6 minutes. Saving does work.

I can play my R4 for up to 4 hours straight. I do but i take like 10 min brakes in between. Im not saying im a hardcore NDS gamer cause im not. I ply my 360 alot more. My NDS for like portable uses. Im not like a hardcore gamer personally since it gives me headaches.

Are you really that daft to not realize that his post was a joke?

Also, games go up to 256 MB (Archaic Sealed Heat)

darigaaz3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
R4 doesn't support the the SDHD in which the size of the flash cart can reach 8 gb.

Best is to go with microSD with 1/2 GB of space. There are 4 gb microSD but those are pretty rare, slow, expensive and you can get a few 1 GB microSD for the price of 1 4 GB one.

The R4 is simple and it does what it needs to do best. If you are looking for more functions, then go for a CycloDS which cost a fraction more but allows instant saving and can play games in a slower mode. They also have a better customer service team and update their cards fairly regularly

If however you are looking for a slot-1 card that can play games, look no further than the R4. Moonshells helps you to play media file (in dpg) and mp3 as well. With an EZ 3 in 1, you can play GBA games and surf the web with Opera.

Bought a R4 and didn't regret it at all.

About downloading the games... tough luck, you will have to search that out yourself :/

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Um, where did you get that info?
wtf.gif
None of that is true.

First, games are only 256 MB MAX, only only one is that big. The average ones are about 32 or 64 MB.

You can cram about 15 or 20 games on 1GB, which is really good.

It doesn't crash, and in the rare occasion that it does, nothing really happens. And saves work and you can play until birds can't fly anymore. That means, you can play until your battery dies.

Honestly, if you're doing that on purpose to be an ass, than just do that on GameFAQs or somewhere.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
^ sorry, didn't read you post.
tongue.gif
Just I saw that guy's post and replied before reading anyone else's.

Off -Topic: Congrates!
grog.gif
Now you get a possum, although I think that mthrnite is out of stick right now.

Nio

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They friend of my cousin's cat also told me that Ninty can track R4 users with help of the FBI. I guess they dont treat 8 year old the same way as real terrorists, but who knows? But well some of them think piracy is terrorism, so hopefully they don't catch you and just your cat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt