Starfall question

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by YankeeFan802, Jan 5, 2009.

Jan 5, 2009

Starfall question by YankeeFan802 at 2:44 AM (932 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. YankeeFan802
    OP

Member YankeeFan802 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is just really fast, I already have the last few options of Starfall installed on my Wii but do the region free channels really work =/ also by region free Wii games do I have to launch them through a loader or will they boot through the disc channel =/ (In other words somewhat like a mod chip)?

Help would really be appreciated thank you. I just don't want to fully brick my Wii =/

2. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    If you don't have a mod chip and you have a loader, you would have to load them through the loader which is through the HBC. So no, you can't use the Disc channel for backup games if you have HBC and no mod chip.

3. YankeeFan802
    OP

United States
    I meant imports like a Tatsunoko vs Capcom =/ I would really like to know if the region free channels work I have some EU VC games I want =/

4. spawn844

Member spawn844 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    gamma works for that game becuase i am doing it right now and unlocked everyone:)

5. YankeeFan802
    OP

United States
    Still you do not understand what I am asking. If I installed it well I be able to launch the imported game from the disc channel or from Gecko OS in the HBC? I am not pirating Nintendo Wii games.

6. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes you can load imports through the disk channel with the region free hack in place. on the other hand without it you would require a special loader. Install away. BTW I heard a rumor that the hack to remove the health warning can be harmful to the system. can anyone confirm this?

7. YankeeFan802
    OP

United States
    Hmm, I never heard that, I read somewhere here a few moments ago that it gives more time to save you from a brick but I highly think that is false information. I am not going to try that one anyway so =/

8. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    removing health screen doesn't affect anything, just it's a pain if you have a bad brick, as you have less time to jump to recovery...