Star Ocean The Last Hope Available November 28 for PS4 and PC with 4K support!

0rOA8L4CF9crXhHCY13oAWdWdRUekulOLXJpeWwQrhmWLH485HfYZRUTh8wBZ56AR2cp4QAglioU9zRQXscrGQrwaAsLd1YLCD6C.png

Star Ocean The Last Hope is the fourth game in the long running series, developed by Tri-Ace and published by Enix (Now Square Enix) Published back in 2009 for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, the game now features 4K video (For PS4 Pro and PC only) and will be a digital download only release. The game will be priced at $20.99 on both platforms, while having a 10% discount for Playstation plus members, and steam users the first two week after the game is playable (ending December 12) The playstation purchase will come with a exclusive theme and Playstation Network avatar icons based on the game while steam will offer a mini soundtrack with the purchase. The Steam game also comes with Denuvo DRM that people are aware of.

Developed in partnership with tri-Ace, Star Ocean: The Last Hope takes place at the beginning of the Star Ocean series timeline and is a full HD remaster with added 4K support and PC keyboard, mouse and controller support. The game takes players on an epic journey across the universe in an immersive, intergalactic story of survival where humanity must turn to the stars in search of a new home. Featuring strategic real-time combat, the remastered title also keeps the original deep Item Creation System and Private Action system that explores character relationships and subplots for a richer and more rewarding story, and exhilarating Blindside battle system, which fuses evasion and offense.

:arrow:SOURCE
:arrow:STEAM PAGE

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's on psn for ps4 but should it been on PC too in retrospect of this announcement? It couldn't of been more difficult because that was on the PS2 (star ocean 3) this one was on xb360 and ps3 now pc
Well based on the description on ps store.
The defining title in the Star Ocean series, that reveals the greatest secret in the Star Ocean universe, is finally available for PlayStation®4!
Thanks to the latest in HD emulator technology, the content of the original game remains untouched in this HD conversion available exclusively via download.

Full HD up-rendering reduces jagged edges and enhances light and shadowing, allowing for a much clearer game display.
In addition, features unique to the PlayStation®4, such as trophies, sharing functionality and remote play are also fully supported.
*Movie cut scenes in the game are still shown at the original resolution.

Had they ported that, it would just be a ps2 emulation with no 4K, and even then, people would probably try to exploit it to maybe inject other ps2 games into this "emulator" (conjecture) Still I mean they would need more time and effort to put on ps4 or else it end up like tales of symphonia :ninja:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why no star ocean 3? this one was baad and the voice acting dub was so horrendous

That's why it has dual audio. Change to Japanese and the terrible English is gone. Star Ocean 2 on PSX had horrendous voice acting. What the hell is a "Parabora beam"? :lol: English dub in any Star Ocean game is bad, PSP versions had bad English, PS3 had it, I stick to undub/Japanese audio with subs, less painful.

Well based on the description on ps store.

Had they ported that, it would just be a ps2 emulation with no 4K, and even then, people would probably try to exploit it to maybe inject other ps2 games into this "emulator" (conjecture) Still I mean they would need more time and effort to put on ps4 or else it end up like tales of symphonia :ninja:

Star Ocean 3 crashes a lot on the PS4, like, a lot, I think it's just a bad port and not emulation at all. Games like Dark Cloud 1 and 2 use the PS2 emulator, and those games never crash.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: jDSX

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played this series. For me, it is the series that I keep confusing for Phantasy Star. lol
Well perhaps is close in similarities, but Phantasy star did come first being it was a master system game before snes in 1996, which was like one of the very late snes games made, not released outside japan. Still I mean Between the two, it probably features similar story plot, species of characters, and other such things, they both feel difficult and tedious and probably not very worth playing in modern times.

Had sega did something like a Phantasy Star HD collection where they ported the PS2 Japan exclusive sega ages games (or made more of them if they haven't already) into a collection that can be all 4 games on disc for $40 or downloaded individually for $10 each on all major platforms, that be nice. Most of the problem with Phantasy star is how tedious and unbalanced it feels, very repetitive situations that seem to not end and be very frustrating and tedious, characters walk too slow, all the places are so huge and have like %70 dead end paths, everything seem like a maze, lack of useful items anywhere but stores, too expensive to buy, and you spend too much time fighting enemies stronger than you. If all that was fixed, that be nice.

Least star ocean games are a bit better to play, it less tedious but still find it challenging.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well perhaps is close in similarities, but Phantasy star did come first being it was a master system game before snes in 1996, which was like one of the very late snes games made, not released outside japan. Still I mean Between the two, it probably features similar story plot, species of characters, and other such things, they both feel difficult and tedious and probably not very worth playing in modern times.

Had sega did something like a Phantasy Star HD collection where they ported the PS2 Japan exclusive sega ages games (or made more of them if they haven't already) into a collection that can be all 4 games on disc for $40 or downloaded individually for $10 each on all major platforms, that be nice. Most of the problem with Phantasy star is how tedious and unbalanced it feels, very repetitive situations that seem to not end and be very frustrating and tedious, characters walk too slow, all the places are so huge and have like %70 dead end paths, everything seem like a maze, lack of useful items anywhere but stores, too expensive to buy, and you spend too much time fighting enemies stronger than you. If all that was fixed, that be nice.

Least star ocean games are a bit better to play, it less tedious but still find it challenging.

Especially the arena side quests, Rank S is a nightmare.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Huh thought publishers stopped using Denuvo. It's either that or nobody is raising a fuss about it anymore, OR maybe there hasn't really been any high profile PC releases recently.
Doesn't really matter anymore, it gets cracked in a day. If devs wanna throw money away then let them be.

baller4eva14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, for real?! BTW, I'm excited for this.

Now hear me out, yes, the story in the game does suck, I'd say 5/10, but it does have some moments. Some!

But the gameplay is the fun part of the game. I enjoy the fighting system and the large exploration the game yields. Not to mention the game had SO many side quests and sadly, many lost forever's (a point in the game where you can't receive certain items or quests ever again). And the music, Sakuraba is awesome!! (Incarnation of the Devil anyone?). Gameplay alone, I'd rate it nearly a 8/10.

Characters on the other hand, oh boy! Here's a short list.
Edge - (Character story 4/10, but game play wise, he's great for beginners, so 8/10) ~ 6/10
Reimi - Savage Sparrows / 10 (She's a beast:yayps3:)
Lylmle - 5/10 (Minus 1 for her constant Kayyyyyyy, but gameplay, a bit okay)
Faize - .....7/10 (Don't you judge me! I won't say more.)
Bachus - 8/10 (His dub is actually decent and love using him sometimes during super grinding)
Bird Chick - 0/0/0/0/0 (I'd be happy to delete her, but we need a white mage :angry:, I never play as her, only during dire moments.)
Meracle - X-CLAW / 10 (One of my favorite jugglers in the game, just love spamming that R2 and L2)
Myuria - 5/10 (many just like her just because of her...personality, but she's the black mage)
Arumat - 9/10 (My Dragon Grinder)

Now the reason why I'm excited is the possibility for any tweaks. The game is fun, but there's several things I wish the game did improve. For one, the extra characters that were meant to be playable, (Crow, Kenny, ...and not Welch, I liked her other SO versions). That and the game could use a better post game, the last post game dungeon (The Wandering Dungeon) is just too brutal, it needs to be a tad easier and less tedious. That and the battle trophies need to be MUCH less ridiculous (Obtain 255 blah blah items or defeat Etheral Queen in less than 10 minutes). Not to mention it needs a better Steal mechanic.

Say what you want, but the game isn't all that bad, I just wish it was better improved. If it is just a simple port, at the very least, I want the game modded on PC ^_^

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7+q++
Why no star ocean 3? this one was baad and the voice acting dub was so horrendous
My experience with 3 was somewhat mixed. Spent 100s of hours on it and I don't think I ever made it to the second disc. It was balls hard for me because I could never figure out that ability cancelling shit, so I just spent hours upon hours grinding until my characters were powerful enough to progress to the next part of the game.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already played on PS3,

Why people would get pissed cauz they use denuvo? It's on steam and it's discless...

Because if Denuvo servers shut down, you won't be able to access the game, unless of course you circumvented it in the first place and/or pirated the game. That, and there are stories of that DRM damaging SSDs. Some devs do patch it out like Sega, but Square Enix isn't generous like Sega.

On one hand, I want to support Square Enix, on the other, I want Denuvo to die. Steam is already DRM, why on earth should they put another layer on? Surely not to stop piracy, because this behavior only encourages illicit behavior. Like Ubisoft's Starforce DRM, I bought a game for Windows XP way back when, but their DRM refused to work on Windows 7, know what I did? I installed a patch to crack the DRM and the game works fine. So yeah, DRM never benefits legit users, they have to crack DRM to enjoy games as they were intended. Kinda hilarious in a way.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Because if Denuvo servers shut down, you won't be able to access the game, unless of course you circumvented it in the first place and/or pirated the game. That, and there are stories of that DRM damaging SSDs. Some devs do patch it out like Sega, but Square Enix isn't generous like Sega.

On one hand, I want to support Square Enix, on the other, I want Denuvo to die. Steam is already DRM, why on earth should they put another layer on? Surely not to stop piracy, because this behavior only encourages illicit behavior. Like Ubisoft's Starforce DRM, I bought a game for Windows XP way back when, but their DRM refused to work on Windows 7, know what I did? I installed a patch to crack the DRM and the game works fine. So yeah, DRM never benefits legit users, they have to crack DRM to enjoy games as they were intended. Kinda hilarious in a way.
after i read what has wikipedia to say about Denuvo, https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo, i found it funny and hilarious :D i think Squarenix will release a patch that removes DRM one month after the release.

and the theory about Denuvo might cause possible damage to SSD, seems there aren't evidence which directly confirm this.

Last edited by leon315,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-