Hacking SSBB Mod ISO Builder

Should ProjectM Full Set and Wifi-Safe versions share same GameID or have different GameIDs?

• Total voters

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the new update doesn't include BrawlEx, I can update the batch or someone else here, depends on who notices the update first ^_^

just replace GCTSIZE, GCTPATH and PC according to your mod and voilà (without the % )
you will have to place the new batch file in the SSBB Iso Builder folder or you will have to adjust the file locations accordingly for codehandler.bin and PatchCommon.xml and wit
you can create multiple batch files for whatever steps you need in particular, that's actually what I partially do, too, when I test things

How do I find GCTSIZE/PC? It's not that important since I don't mind downloading Python, but I'd like to know.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How do I find GCTSIZE/PC? It's not that important since I don't mind downloading Python, but I'd like to know.

GCTSIZE: byte size of your .gct file converted from decimal to hexadecimal, for example Project M 3.02 Full-Set .gct file = 47288 bytes (NOT size on disc, but normal size value)
47288 (decimal) = B8B8 (hex) , so GCTSIZE=B8B8 (http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/decimal-to-hex-converter)

PC: you need the Game ID, for example Project M 3.02 Full-Set: RSBEPM those last two symbols are important for you, view them as 2 seperate ascii values and convert them to hex (http://ha.ckers.org/ascii.html) or (http://www.dotnetperls.com/ascii-table)
P (ascii) = 50 (hex)
M (ascii) = 4D (hex)
so Game ID RSBEPM results in a PC value of PC=504D

Project M 3.02 Full-Set:
SET GCTSIZE=B8B8
SET GCTPATH=projectm/full/RSBE01.gct
SET GAMEID=RSBEPM
SET PC=504D

other example Project M Red Version:
SET GCTSIZE=B8D0
SET GCTPATH=codes/RSBE01.gct
SET GAMEID=RSBE02
SET PC=3032

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

sukentang

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
GorTesK,
I built Patt Edition with your latest batch file. The wbfs is succesfully written, but crashes alot (both on dolphin or my Wii). It usually crash after selecting stage.

Well, I open the .bat and decided to look around :)
There are some things I found:

Code:
copy /b projectm\pf\fighter\dedede\ ssbb.d\files\fighter\dedede\
copy /b projectm\pf\fighter\diddy\ ssbb.d\files\fighter
copy /b projectm\pf\fighter\donkey\ ssbb.d\files\fighter\donkey\

1. unlike dedede and donkey, the diddy line don't have fighter name on the end. So the .pac and .pcs are copied to ssbb.d\files\fighter\ instead of ssbb.d\files\fighter\diddy\
May be unrelated to the crash

Code:
IF %PMTYPE%==WiFi-Safe (
    SET MODFOLDER2=projectm\wifi\
    SET MODFOLSRC=homebrew.zip\projectm\
    SET MODFOLSRC2=homebrew.zip\projectm\wifi\
    )
IF %PMTYPE%==Patt (
    SET MODFOLDER2=codes
    SET MODFOLSRC=PMPE 3.0.2-11b Complete Build.zip\projectm\
    SET MODFOLSRC2=PMPE 3.0.2-11b Complete Build.zip\codes\
    )
IF %PMTYPE%==Patt (
    SET MODFOLDER2=codes
    SET MODFOLSRC=PMPE 3.0.2-11b Complete Build.zip\projectm\
    SET MODFOLSRC2=PMPE 3.0.2-11b Complete Build.zip\codes\
    )
IF %PMTYPE%==Tourney (
    SET MODFOLDER2=codes
    SET MODFOLSRC=Tourney Pack V1.rar\projectm\
    SET MODFOLSRC2=Tourney Pack V1.rar\codes\
    )
2. The Patt section are listed twice
Obviously not related to the crashes, just redundant.

3. For some reason, the whole STGCUSTOM??.pac (STGCUSTOM01 to STGCUSTOM24) are NOT copied to ssbb.d. Is this intentional?

Please enlighten this noob :)

Now back to refreshing project m 3.5 page...
edit: the wait for pm 3.5 is so looong :wacko:

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

hmpf, gonna recheck my file ... gimme a sec

well yes, you are right, it obviously should be "fighter\diddy\" and not just "fighter"
I have multiple files... 1 that I release and then some others, where I test things, when I add new mods and oddly the code is correct in my test file, but wrong in the release one -.-
and concerning the stages... uhm, gotta look into it, don't have the patt edition files on this computer right now... gotta download them first and then check, if I forgot to add some maps
probably copied wrong stagelist from another mod, grrr
this is what happens, when you add so many mods and don't name your test files properly and get confused, geez .... when 3.5 is out, I will first write a file just for 3.5 and then slowly start to doublecheck all the mods and re-add them I guess

yes, the stages were missing.. holy cow, how did I miss that? o.O
alright, I will definitely have to double check all the mods... I will make a clean file for 3.5 (use the original file and only add 3.5 support) and then double and tripple check the other mods before I add them again (they will probably soon get 3.5 updated versions anyway)

edit: I took out my batch files from my previous posts, because they are outdated versions anyway. let's wait for 3.5

Reactions: tmv_josue

sukentang

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
...it obviously should be "fighter\diddy\" and not just "fighter"...
...yes, the stages were missing..

Thanks alot!
This clears up my confusion quite a bit. FYI, I ended up editing your batch file to include diddy and the custom stages. Guess what? No crash anymore! Yay :D

I took out my batch files from my previous posts, because they are outdated versions anyway. let's wait for 3.5
Yeah, and please keep support for Patt's version, not just vanilla PM3.5
I am definitely waiting for your upcoming file :)

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks alot!
This clears up my confusion quite a bit. FYI, I ended up editing your batch file to include diddy and the custom stages. Guess what? No crash anymore! Yay :D

Yeah, and please keep support for Patt's version, not just vanilla PM3.5
I am definitely waiting for your upcoming file :)

the most confusing thing is, I build an iso and it is working for me perfectly fine both on doplhin and my wiiu, no crashes... so somewhere between my test files and my test iso and the release file, I messed up copying the right commands XD
that's why I took all those files down, double and tripple checking next time :D
and thanks for telling me, I would have just assumed everything works, because my ISO works :/

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes, but I think I somehow got a wrong build, because there is a file on their server called homebrew_full.zip , which is probably what we want, but all I could get to download (too many people trying at the same time...) was a file called homebrew.zip
it included the 3.5 files, but may not be the final release due to the wrong name... it also doesn't have a wifi and a full set, just 1 set of files, so I assume, it is an earlier test build or something like that :/ (size of the homebrew.zip: 461 MB (483.957.119 bytes))
here an example of a file, that they included in it ^^
(projectm\pf\sound\strm\SONGS REPLACED.txt)
Code:
The list of songs replaced in Project M 3.5 is as follows:

A01 - Ground Theme (SMB)        ->    Metal Mario (Super Smash Bros.)
A17 - Mario Bros.            ->    Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
A20 - Mario Circuit            ->    Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
B09 - 25m BGM                ->    Kongo Jungle (Super Smash Bros.)
C18 - The Hidden Village        ->    Hyrule Castle (Super Smash Bros.)
H06 - Victory Road            ->    Saffron City (Super Smash Bros.)
K07 - Porky's Theme            ->    Fourside (Melee)
R03 - Hanenbow Ambience                ->      Hanenbow by Garrett Williamson (feat. Adam Kirby and Audio Selah)
W01 - Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)    ->    Mushroom Kingdom 2 (Melee)
W03 - Jungle Japes (Melee)    ->    Hyrule Field Theme
W06 - Fountain of Dreams (Melee)    ->    Green Greens (Melee)
W07 - Green Greens (Melee)        ->    Gourmet Race (Super Smash Bros.)
W15 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (Melee)    ->    Yoshi's Story (Melee)
W26 - Kongo Jungle (Melee)    ->    Tal Tal Heights
X02 - Menu 1    ->  Project M 3.5 Main Theme

(If you stumbled upon this, you must be a curious sort! Hope you enjoy Project M!)

still trying to get that homebrew_full.zip though, before I release anything ofc

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but I think I somehow got a wrong build, because there is a file on their server called homebrew_full.zip , which is probably what we want, but all I could get to download (too many people trying at the same time...) was a file called homebrew.zip
it included the 3.5 files, but may not be the final release due to the wrong name... it also doesn't have a wifi and a full set, just 1 set of files, so I assume, it is an earlier test build or something like that :/ (size of the homebrew.zip: 461 MB (483.957.119 bytes))
here an example of a file, that they included in it ^^
(projectm\pf\sound\strm\SONGS REPLACED.txt)
Code:
The list of songs replaced in Project M 3.5 is as follows:

A01 - Ground Theme (SMB)        ->    Metal Mario (Super Smash Bros.)
A17 - Mario Bros.            ->    Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
A20 - Mario Circuit            ->    Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
B09 - 25m BGM                ->    Kongo Jungle (Super Smash Bros.)
C18 - The Hidden Village        ->    Hyrule Castle (Super Smash Bros.)
H06 - Victory Road            ->    Saffron City (Super Smash Bros.)
K07 - Porky's Theme            ->    Fourside (Melee)
R03 - Hanenbow Ambience                ->      Hanenbow by Garrett Williamson (feat. Adam Kirby and Audio Selah)
W01 - Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)    ->    Mushroom Kingdom 2 (Melee)
W03 - Jungle Japes (Melee)    ->    Hyrule Field Theme
W06 - Fountain of Dreams (Melee)    ->    Green Greens (Melee)
W07 - Green Greens (Melee)        ->    Gourmet Race (Super Smash Bros.)
W15 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (Melee)    ->    Yoshi's Story (Melee)
W26 - Kongo Jungle (Melee)    ->    Tal Tal Heights
X02 - Menu 1    ->  Project M 3.5 Main Theme

(If you stumbled upon this, you must be a curious sort! Hope you enjoy Project M!)

still trying to get that homebrew_full.zip though, before I release anything ofc

Their twitter did mention that some people that got through mistakenly got 3.02 and to try again. So that's probably what happened.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Their twitter did mention that some people that got through mistakenly got 3.02 and to try again. So that's probably what happened.

nope, like I said, it IS the 3.5 file http://projectmgame.com/downloads/3.5/homebrew.zip
this is the wifi file http://projectmgame.com/downloads/3.5/homebrew_wifi.zip

but I saw a homebrew_full.zip in the /3.5/ folder, too, but couldn't get it, hence the confusion, whether or not homebrew.zip is the full pack or not :-)

I also gave you a file size AND even included a document, which is in the 3.5 pack, how could you even assume, that it would be the 3.02 file, when it clearly has another size and new files in it...

edit: looks like homebrew_full.zip was just on older file, that they deleted then, so my homebrew.zip has to be the full pack then, alrighty, finishing up my batch then and building a test file, if it works, then I'll post it

edit2: okay, seems to work fine, just played a match vs AI on dolphin ... just need to finish downloading the wifi pack and test that one, then I'll try both on my WiiU and if everything looks fine, I'll post an updated batch file

edit3: okay, both files work on dolphin and wiiu, only issue now is in the Character Selection Screen, when you select mewtwo, the sound says "fighting alloy team" and roy says "pokemon trainer" ... I will try rebuilding them with another "smashbros_sound.brsar" file, maybe it helps
will post the updated batch file very soon ;-)

edit4:
okay now it plays the right sounds, you need to put this file into your SSBB ISO Builder folder
https://mega.co.nz/#!uAU13QYC!HXSk7QsMbyIzezD36cfp77_K33A4oao-Nrup_hIrgSk
if you don't use it, it will still work, but a few sounds may be wrong

here is my batch file (attached file)
it is basically just the original batch file from the first post only modified to work for PM 3.5
brawl minus, plus or balanced are completely untouched and probably outdated
I changed the Game ID for the wifi version from RSBEPM to RSBEPW according to
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RSBEPM
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RSBEPW
if you want the Wifi Version to have the Game ID RSBEPM, then just change
Code:
IF %PMTYPE%==WiFi-Safe (
    SET GCTSIZE=DB58
    SET PC=5057
    SET GAMEID=RSBEPW
    SET MODNAME=Super Smash Bros. Project M Wifi
    )
to
Code:
IF %PMTYPE%==WiFi-Safe (
    SET GCTSIZE=DB58
    SET PC=504D
    SET GAMEID=RSBEPM
    )

if you encounter issues/crashes, then tell me, I might have missed a file, but I think I was thorough

Attachments

• Build_ISO.rar
    5.4 KB · Views: 256

sukentang

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Great job, GorTesK!
Downloading PM3.5, and I will build to ISO with your batch file, tomorrow.
Can't wait for Patt to release his mod (of the mod :D).
Good news that this PM doesn't include BrawlEx thingy... Um, does it?

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, like I said, it IS the 3.5 file http://projectmgame.com/downloads/3.5/homebrew.zip
this is the wifi file http://projectmgame.com/downloads/3.5/homebrew_wifi.zip

but I saw a homebrew_full.zip in the /3.5/ folder, too, but couldn't get it, hence the confusion, whether or not homebrew.zip is the full pack or not :-)

I also gave you a file size AND even included a document, which is in the 3.5 pack, how could you even assume, that it would be the 3.02 file, when it clearly has another size and new files in it...

edit: looks like homebrew_full.zip was just on older file, that they deleted then, so my homebrew.zip has to be the full pack then, alrighty, finishing up my batch then and building a test file, if it works, then I'll post it

edit2: okay, seems to work fine, just played a match vs AI on dolphin ... just need to finish downloading the wifi pack and test that one, then I'll try both on my WiiU and if everything looks fine, I'll post an updated batch file

edit3: okay, both files work on dolphin and wiiu, only issue now is in the Character Selection Screen, when you select mewtwo, the sound says "fighting alloy team" and roy says "pokemon trainer" ... I will try rebuilding them with another "smashbros_sound.brsar" file, maybe it helps
will post the updated batch file very soon ;-)

edit4:
okay now it plays the right sounds, you need to put this file into your SSBB ISO Builder folder
https://mega.co.nz/#!uAU13QYC!HXSk7QsMbyIzezD36cfp77_K33A4oao-Nrup_hIrgSk
if you don't use it, it will still work, but a few sounds may be wrong

here is my batch file (attached file)
it is basically just the original batch file from the first post only modified to work for PM 3.5
brawl minus, plus or balanced are completely untouched and probably outdated
I changed the Game ID for the wifi version from RSBEPM to RSBEPW according to
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RSBEPM
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RSBEPW
if you want the Wifi Version to have the Game ID RSBEPM, then just change
Code:
IF %PMTYPE%==WiFi-Safe (
    SET GCTSIZE=DB58
    SET PC=5057
    SET GAMEID=RSBEPW
    )
to
Code:
IF %PMTYPE%==WiFi-Safe (
    SET GCTSIZE=DB58
    SET PC=504D
    SET GAMEID=RSBEPM
    )

if you encounter issues/crashes, then tell me, I might have missed a file, but I think I was thorough

So do we just overwrite the batch file in the ssbb builder with this?

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Good news that this PM doesn't include BrawlEx thingy... Um, does it?

no it doesn't
I didn't know this worked with Minus -- what was the last version it was confirmed compatible with?

If it's outdated, an update for Minus compatibility would be much appreciated.

Minus is still alive and updating, albeit slowly...
Problem with Minus is, that at 3.3 it started using BrawlEx
BrawlEx searches for certain files on the SD, I don't know, if it is possible to reprogram it in a matter to search them on the disc
hence, you NEED to always have certain files on the SD, which completely destroys the purpose of having a stand-alone Iso
you could leave out the BrawlEx parts completely and still make it work, but then it obviously is missing parts and the integrity of the release is destroyed, it is not BrawlMinus anymore, just something else with its logo ... ...
on page 15 of this thread I think, GarretLee posted a batch file for Brawl Minus 3.Q (latest version) without the BrawlEx files, if you are interested, give it a try

So do we just overwrite the batch file in the ssbb builder with this?

yup, or rename it, the name of the batch file doesn't matter, all that matters, is that it is in the correct folder and you have all the subfolders correct too
("projectm" , "codes", "patch", "wit", ... folders)

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it doesn't

Problem with Minus is, that at 3.3 it started using BrawlEx
BrawlEx searches for certain files on the SD, I don't know, if it is possible to reprogram it in a matter to search them on the disc
hence, you NEED to always have certain files on the SD, which completely destroys the purpose of having a stand-alone Iso
you could leave out the BrawlEx parts completely and still make it work, but then it obviously is missing parts and the integrity of the release is destroyed, it is not BrawlMinus anymore, just something else with its logo ... ...
on page 15 of this thread I think, GarretLee posted a batch file for Brawl Minus 3.Q (latest version) without the BrawlEx files, if you are interested, give it a try

yup, or rename it, the name of the files doesn't matter, all that matters, is that it is in the correct folder and you have all the subfolders correct too
("projectm" , "codes", "patch", "wit", ... folders)

Do I need the gameconfig.txt or apps folder? I'm using the homebrew.zip

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do I need the gameconfig.txt or apps folder? I'm using the homebrew.zip
this is, how your Iso Builder folder has to look like (the .brsar file is optional, but recommended)
28wjbz4.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol