Hacking SSBB Mod ISO Builder

Should ProjectM Full Set and Wifi-Safe versions share same GameID or have different GameIDs?

• Total voters

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, anything with BrawlEx is currently unsupported, meaning Brawl- 3.3 (I think) and up are incompatible; also, the .bat hasn't been updated for the new files either way.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, anything with BrawlEx is currently unsupported, meaning Brawl- 3.3 (I think) and up are incompatible; also, the .bat hasn't been updated for the new files either way.

Ahh, sad... well I hope Dolphin updates their netplay branch to have this work soon, then!

But wait... how does ProjectM work without brawlex? They added two characters!

GarrisLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anybody wants it I actually updated the ISO builder to work with Brawl minus 3.Q but the only problem is that roy and pichu don't work and if you go over there character select potraits the game will freeze other than that I think everything else works fine.

Here is a picture of the character select screen the only roy portrait that works is the one that is above toonlink because for some reason the random picture got replaced by a picture of roy. I put A red X on the roy portraits not to touch because if you go over them then the game will freeze.
CSS.png

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If anybody wants it I actually updated the ISO builder to work with Brawl minus 3.Q but the only problem is that roy and pichu don't work and if you go over there character select potraits the game will freeze other than that I think everything else works fine.

Here is a picture of the character select screen the only roy portrait that works is the one that is above toonlink because for some reason the random picture got replaced by a picture of roy. I put A red X on the roy portraits not to touch because if you go over them then the game will freeze.
View attachment 10845
Would you mind removing them from the CSS then?

GarrisLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Okay so css manager could not open brawl minus's CSS so what i did instead was replace it with the regular brawl CSS and disabled the brawl minus css code in the gct but what that means is if you decide to create a seperate save for your brawl minus iso you will have to unlock all of the characters. I also deleted all of the files that had to do with roy and pichu so there are little to no traces of them left .So if anyone wants the files I'll upload them

Edit: I added a code That unlocks all of the characters if you decide to make a new save file so you don't have to worry about unlocking them. Also since the CSS has been changed to the vBrawl one the characters are not in order from which game they come from. Fixed I Have done some rearranging and I had to add some codes. Its not the greatest looking CSS.

Edit 2: This also means that Sheik And Zero Suit Samus no longer have their own portraits. I'll See if I can fix this. I Have fixed this. Had to Add some codes

Edit 3: The Lavender Town stage does not work. I don't know why this stage does not work. I have tested every stage

Edit 4: Bowsers Down-B in the air or on the ground will make him go into a T-pose until he is hit. Also his neutral-B in the air will make him go into a T-pose. I don't know how to fix this

GarrisLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, sad... well I hope Dolphin updates their netplay branch to have this work soon, then!

But wait... how does ProjectM work without brawlex? They added two characters!

I have updated the .Bat to work with Minus 3.Q there is no roy or pichu.

also Project M has it's own clone engine

shigeru561

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ISO Builder worked great until the Summer 2014 Update a few weeks ago. When I built the ISO the file patching worked properly but the layout was vanilla brawl with crashing all over the place. I'm assuming it has to do with the GCT file being changed in the update. Are there any strings in the batch file I could modify to get it to work properly?

http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/28g7je/project_m_summer_map_pack_download_inside_lets/

I have a similar issue with a custom version of Project M 3.02 based on this version: http://smashboards.com/threads/pm-patt-edition-3-0-2-11b-last-update-before-3-5.335820/

The GCT's size on disk is 52.0KB (53,248 bytes), what value would I need in order for the batch file to work correctly?

And in line with this, I'm having issues with unlockable characters coming up as "New Challengers" over and over, this is related to the resulting iso's ID being different (RSBEPM vs RSBE01), so does anyone have a 100% savefile for the game ID RSBEPM that I could import into my Wii to remedy this? It really slows down the pace between matches especially in a tournament setting. Thanks!

GarrisLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar issue with a custom version of Project M 3.02 based on this version: http://smashboards.com/threads/pm-patt-edition-3-0-2-11b-last-update-before-3-5.335820/

The GCT's size on disk is 52.0KB (53,248 bytes), what value would I need in order for the batch file to work correctly?

And in line with this, I'm having issues with unlockable characters coming up as "New Challengers" over and over, this is related to the resulting iso's ID being different (RSBEPM vs RSBE01), so does anyone have a 100% savefile for the game ID RSBEPM that I could import into my Wii to remedy this? It really slows down the pace between matches especially in a tournament setting. Thanks!

Trying changing the GCTSize in the batch file to 32

and for your second problem do you have your project M iso using it's own save file or does it share it's save with your original brawl file

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Has anyone got patt edition to work?

I took a short glimpse at the .bat and I know, why it's not working, I will write you a .bat file for the Patt edition (3.0.2-11b) and you can test it and report back, I won't be back home until evening, so I can't test it myself.... gonna edit this post soon with the file

edit: alright, sry for the delay, but I actually have classes to teach :P
so, I changed the .bat file for you, should work I think, I will test it, when I get home
the issue was very trivial... the Patt Edition has no Full or Wifi safe version, just 1 version, the folders "Full" and "Wifi" that are included in the Patt Edition are just outdated files, that he probably just kept there from the original Project M files
so when the ISO Builder .bat file copies those files, of course it won't work, so I simply redirected it to the proper files and adjusted the GCT file size
so what you need to do is simply extract the Patt Edition into your ISO Builder folder and use my modified ISO Builder file, which is ONLY to use for Project M Patt Edition 3.0.2-11b!, not for normal Project M
also, it doesn't matter whether you choose Full or Wifi version, I redirected them to the same files, was just too lazy to take out the whole Full or Wifi question ^^
and make sure, you extract the whole contents of "PMPE 3.0.2-11b Complete Build.zip" into your ISO Builder folder, because you will need a file in the "code" folder, not just files from the "projectm" folder!

alternatively, if you don't trust my evil file, you can just rewrite the .bat file yourself, just go to where it says this:

Code:
IF %PMTYPE%==Full-Set (
    copy /b projectm\full\mu_menumain.pac ssbb.d\files\menu2\mu_menumain_en.pac
    copy /b projectm\full\common5.pac ssbb.d\files\system\common5_en.pac
    SET GCTSIZE=B8B8
    SET GCTPATH=projectm/full/RSBE01.gct
    )
IF %PMTYPE%==WiFi-Safe (
    copy /b projectm\wifi\mu_menumain.pac ssbb.d\files\menu2\mu_menumain_en.pac
    copy /b projectm\wifi\common5.pac ssbb.d\files\system\common5_en.pac
    SET GCTSIZE=B028
    SET GCTPATH=projectm/wifi/RSBE01.gct
    )

and exchange it with
Code:
IF %PMTYPE%==Full-Set (
    copy /b projectm\pf\menu2\mu_menumain.pac ssbb.d\files\menu2\mu_menumain_en.pac
    copy /b projectm\pf\system\common5.pac ssbb.d\files\system\common5_en.pac
    SET GCTSIZE=C570
    SET GCTPATH=codes/RSBE01.gct
    )
IF %PMTYPE%==WiFi-Safe (
    copy /b projectm\pf\menu2\mu_menumain.pac ssbb.d\files\menu2\mu_menumain_en.pac
    copy /b projectm\pf\system\common5.pac ssbb.d\files\system\common5_en.pac
    SET GCTSIZE=C570
    SET GCTPATH=codes/RSBE01.gct
    )

but then you have to make sure, that you use GarrisLee most recent .bat file, the one, that he posted a few comments up (https://gbatemp.net/threads/ssbb-mod-iso-builder.351177/page-15#post-5122131), because I used his file as a base
or you know, just use my file, then you don't have to change anything

edit: took out my attached file, because it is outdated

Mr_Root

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much! I'll test this in a bit. I actually wrote a build_iso generator but the problem was I didn't know how to get the correct GCTSIZE but thanks anyway! If you could tell me how to get the correct size I can publicly release it

Edit: I just tested it and I get this
7dc8b613af.jpg

The program I coded btw:

36c15eb690.jpg

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just got home and created the ISO with my modified ISO Builder .bat file and it works perfectly fine on my WiiU
the GCT size is easy to get, you just need to go to your .gct file, right click, properties and check the file size (not size on disc, but just "size") in case of the Patt Edition it is the .gct file in the folder called "codes", its size is exactly 50544 bytes
you need to convert that number into hexadecimal, just google "decimal to hexadecimal" and use whatever site for it (for example http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/decimal-to-hex-converter)
(50544)10 = (C570)16 , so in this case you enter "GCTSIZE=C570" into the .bat file

Edit: I don't know, why it is not working for you... you seem to be using Dolphin, I don't know, if that got anything to do with that... I use it on my WiiU and it works there
in the official thread of the Patt Edition, there is a tutorial of how to get it to work on Dolphin, maybe that can help you (http://smashboards.com/threads/pm-patt-edition-3-0-2-11b-last-update-before-3-5.335820/)
did you use my .bat file or did you modify something?

Edit2: here, works fine on my WiiU
1f7dop.jpg

Mr_Root

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used your bat file. I'll test it on my wii later maybe dolphin is funny with that stuff. I'll report back soon :)

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used your bat file. I'll test it on my wii later maybe dolphin is funny with that stuff. I'll report back soon :)

well, only reason, that something didn't work, could be, that you didn't have the files in the right directories, so if it doesn't work, double check that, if it still doesn't work, show me a picture of your folders/directories :-)

also added a picture of it running on my TV in the post above ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol