Hacking SSBB Mod ISO Builder

Should ProjectM Full Set and Wifi-Safe versions share same GameID or have different GameIDs?

• Total voters

GarrisLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey GortesK Great job on updating the batch file I had planned on doing it but looks like you beat me to it. PM 3.5 didn't get released till like 5 AM my time so i fell asleep. anyway good job I am testing it out right now to see if it works. Thanks

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey GortesK Great job on updating the batch file I had planned on doing it but looks like you beat me to it. PM 3.5 didn't get released till like 5 AM my time so i fell asleep. anyway good job I am testing it out right now to see if it works. Thanks

thanks, report back, if you see something wrong :-)
and don't forgot the smashbros_sound.brsar for optimal sound effects

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I believe that the ISO Builder does not need the "sfx" folder, that's just a folder with .sawnd files which were supposed to be put in the .brsar when you played the game, but since they are in the .brsar now, the "sfx" folder is no longer needed..

But either way, thank you for the updated script GorTesK..

You are the man!!

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know what I did wrong. I followed all the steps and it boted with the old 3.0 startup, and then a black screen.

if it had the 3.0 screen, then you seem to have the wrong files? make sure, you don't have old files in the projectm or the code folder, delete them and extract + copy them clean from the download
also make sure, you don't use an old download, if the zip file isnt around 461 MB, then it's not the right one (old one was ... 342MB I think?)

edit: oh and another possibility ... did you load older Project M or other mods from SD in the past? make sure, you don't have those files on the SD or if you want to keep them for other Mods, then make sure, your backup loader doesn't load those files ( uhm ... disabling hook settings and ocarina codes should do the trick)

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it had the 3.0 screen, then you seem to have the wrong files? make sure, you don't have old files in the projectm or the code folder, delete them and extract + copy them clean from the download
also make sure, you don't use an old download, if the zip file isnt around 461 MB, then it's not the right one (old one was ... 342MB I think?)

edit: oh and another possibility ... did you load older Project M or other mods from SD in the past? make sure, you don't have those files on the SD or if you want to keep them for other Mods, then make sure, your backup loader doesn't load those files ( uhm ... disabling hook settings and ocarina codes should do the trick)

I've played a 3.0 Project M converted to an iso. What files do I need to delete from my SD card?

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've played a 3.0 Project M converted to an iso. What files do I need to delete from my SD card?
if you played it from iso, then nothing, I was thinking, maybe you played it via gecko or some other SD data loading method
then you have old PM files, please re-check, that you have the latest download
the 3.5 download does not include the 3.0 logo, I suspect you still have some old files from the last Iso building left in that folder... like I said, make sure, your download is from the new version and delete your old projecm and code folders in the Iso Builder folder

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you played it from iso, then nothing, I was thinking, maybe you played it via gecko or some other SD data loading method
then you have old PM files, please re-check, that you have the latest download
the 3.5 download does not include the 3.0 logo, I suspect you still have some old files from the last Iso building left in that folder... like I said, make sure, your download is from the new version and delete your old projecm and code folders in the Iso Builder folder

I just checked my sd card. There was a 500mb project m folder on it. I'm almost sure that's what was causing problems. I'll let you know.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gortesk the only way a mod contained on the SD card can be loaded is if RSBE01 is loaded with ocarina and the VBI Hooktype not RSBEPM being loaded I used to use this method to play PM Wifi off the sd card and play offline using wbfs files

GarrisLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, report back, if you see something wrong :-)
and don't forgot the smashbros_sound.brsar for optimal sound effects

Okay everything is working no problems at all the only reason it took so long is because I had to make another ISO because I did not realize you had changed where the batch looks for the gct file but everything is working thanks again for updating it

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gortesk the only way a mod contained on the SD card can be loaded is if RSBE01 is loaded with ocarina and the VBI Hooktype not RSBEPM being loaded I used to use this method to play PM Wifi off the sd card and play offline using wbfs files

I know, thats why I said to disable hooks and ocarina in his backup loader... go back a few posts

Okay everything is working no problems at all the only reason it took so long is because I had to make another ISO because I did not realize you had changed where the batch looks for the gct file but everything is working thanks again for updating it

yeah I was thinking to include a check for the code folder too... like the check for the projectm folder
I don't know, if you followed this thread recently, but I uploaded a few batch files for different PM mods and because they usually have their .gct files in the codes folder and not in the full/wifi folder like the old 3.02 did, I added a check for the .gct folder to them too... but I took down all those files, when PM 3.5 got announced and didn't add this function this time with the new file ^^

basically, I just added a second Mod folder and Mod source and then had it to check for it, too after checking for the usual projectm folder
Code:
If NOT EXIST %MODFOLDER2%\ (
        echo.
        echo Cannot find the "%MODFOLDER2%" folder containing .GCT file for %MOD%, exiting...
        echo.
        echo Please make sure you have "%MODFOLDER2%" in the same directory
        echo as this builder pack.
        echo [%MODFOLSRC2%] ^<- This one!
        echo.
        pause
        exit
        ) ELSE (
        echo.
        echo .GCT folder found, continuing...
        )
to make sure, people wouldnt forget to include the codes folder ... but meh, this time I left it out ... when a few 3.5 mods (like Patt Edition) surface, I will surely add it back in

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here is my setup and error:

http://puu.sh/cRRhG/238299eb2a.png

I downloaded the archive from the main post, updated the batch file from GorTesK, and obtained the .bsrar as well.

What am I doing wrong? :(

first thing that SPRINGS to eye is ... that it can't find the games main.dol file, which makes me think, you got no Super Smash Bros. Brawl iso file in the Iso Builder folder, hence it didn't extract the file
make a screenshot of your folder pls

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first thing that SPRINGS to eye is ... that it can't find the games main.dol file, which makes me think, you got no Super Smash Bros. Brawl iso file in the Iso Builder folder, hence it didn't extract the file
make a screenshot of your folder pls

That's what the Smash.iso is. Is it supposed to be named differently, or in a different folder? Does it matter that it's scrubbed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1