Hacking SSBB has been dumped by Taiwanese

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really hope this rip will make it online. And that he's not just going to fiddle around trying to make it work on a damn 4.7gb disc.

Cause Dual Layer DVD burners are pretty common these days. Up the damn ISO for the people who have DL DVD Burners!!!! GR! XD

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Message for the Dutch (maybe the German, Brittish):

When a proper J-NTSC leak is coming our way for PAL, we should arrange some things to play online. Because playing with the Asians = defenitly gonna be a laggy experience.
Don't get your hopes up... I don't believe it will work on pal consoles....

munk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope this rip will make it online. And that he's not just going to fiddle around trying to make it work on a damn 4.7gb disc.

Cause Dual Layer DVD burners are pretty common these days. Up the damn ISO for the people who have DL DVD Burners!!!! GR! XD
im sure as soon as someone figures out how to rip it completely, it will be up asap.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
so that dump is only dvd5? Then it could work with wiikey. or it still requires to burn it on dvd9?

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
from what I got, works on a dvd5, but data is missing then, will need the whole dump, i.e. 7go worth of data (roughly) to work perfectly

now, all I wanna know is if I'll be able to play the ORIGINAL game when the US version is out... 'cause reports of the original NTSC J version not working on NTSC J modded wiis is starting to annoy me...

first game (with no more heroes) I bought since super paper mario was released, and I might not even be able to enjoy it properly, that'd be total crappy

edit: and about the wiikey team, their site does not exist anymore (or has it changed?), so... they did put up some good work indeed, when galaxy had been leaked, but now... I might even consider desoldering my wiikey and get a cyclowiz, wouldn't cost me much I guess... but I guess I'll wait for some confirmation that they are still going to support their chip
smile.gif

badabing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
from what I got, works on a dvd5, but data is missing then, will need the whole dump, i.e. 7go worth of data (roughly) to work perfectly

now, all I wanna know is if I'll be able to play the ORIGINAL game when the US version is out... 'cause reports of the original NTSC J version not working on NTSC J modded wiis is starting to annoy me...

first game (with no more heroes) I bought since super paper mario was released, and I might not even be able to enjoy it properly, that'd be total crappy

edit: and about the wiikey team, their site does not exist anymore (or has it changed?), so... they did put up some good work indeed, when galaxy had been leaked, but now... I might even consider desoldering my wiikey and get a cyclowiz, wouldn't cost me much I guess... but I guess I'll wait for some confirmation that they are still going to support their chip
smile.gif

Please, don't worry about the Wiikey Team. They are fine. Expect an update/patch very soon.

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

smile.gif

Please, don't worry about the Wiikey Team. They are fine. Expect an update/patch very soon.

this might be kind of off topic, but I was one of the rare ones who continued to support them here (just check the OMG SMG WIIKEY WHEN UPDATES IS COMINGZ LOLZ threads) while people just kept bitching at them. I know what it is to work under that kind of pressure, and as I said back then, had it been me, I would just have dropped it, because people are so mean.

so, the fact that I was worried just came because their site does not exist anymore

badabing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
I have a modded NTSC-U, modded NTSC-J, and untouched NTSC-J at my disposal. The two modded Wiis both have WiiKeys installed. Original Super Smash Bros. Brawl works on the unmodified Japanese console but does not work on the modified consoles. The WiiKey website was shutdown due to hackers once again but the WiiKey team is still together albeit taking their sweet ass time. At this time it's my guess that the issue at hand isn't that the disc is a dual layer, WiiKey 1.9b firmware introduced the ability to read dual layers, but rather important information such as the region code might be pushed to the second layer. Maybe the chip isn't directed to look there?
From psx-scene.

I think I disagree. I don't think the WiiKey really can play a DL-Wii game. The readme of the 1.9b firmware this guy is talking about, never actually said it could play DL-Wii DVD's. It's confirmed GameCube DL's can play on WiiKey, however. Seems to be a very little fix to be made by the WiiKey Team.

Still, I'm wondering why there hasn't been a raw dump of the game anywhere..

lhnguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
dirtyweasel Posted Today, 06:01 AM
QUOTE said:
(katsuce @ Jan 31 2008, 03:51 AM)
I know what it is to work under that kind of pressure, and as I said back then, had it been me, I would just have dropped it, because people are so mean.

No, if you were in thier situation, you would have to have released an update because you want people to continue to purchase your product.

No, I would realize that the market for potential wiikey buyers is pretty much dry now that most wii users out there have d2c wiis. In fact, ALL new wii users will have d2c wiis which won't work with the wiikey in the first place.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

smile.gif

My as well switch anyways, avoid any future issues
tongue.gif
. Team Cyclop's always prevails!
bow.gif

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
dirtyweasel Posted Today, 06:01 AM
QUOTE said:
(katsuce @ Jan 31 2008, 03:51 AM)
I know what it is to work under that kind of pressure, and as I said back then, had it been me, I would just have dropped it, because people are so mean.

No, if you were in thier situation, you would have to have released an update because you want people to continue to purchase your product.

No, I would realize that the market for potential wiikey buyers is pretty much dry now that most wii users out there have d2c wiis. In fact, ALL new wii users will have d2c wiis which won't work with the wiikey in the first place.
Exactly. All the more reason they might give up on Wiikey and run away with the large bundle of money they earned. The websites even down..soo while it's pure speculation. It's a big possibilty.

(But it's been down since november...soo)

There most likely just going to stick on working on there D2CKey.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
whats funny is the very first wiinja could play dvd+R DL. at the time i was out of dvd5 blanks and i was so damn excited to test the chip i had installed that i decided to use up a few DL's. All of them worked, eventually though the piece of crap wiinja v1 would give a Disc Read Error. Anyone with wiinja v1 wanna test?

jmatla

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
However everyone says it doesnt work on wiikey on a jap, i still want to see a video, a real video it aint working on jap, and even if it isnt working on jap, i do believe wiikey team will give us an update

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
However everyone says it doesnt work on wiikey on a jap, i still want to see a video, a real video it aint working on jap, and even if it isnt working on jap, i do believe wiikey team will give us an update

there's a video of the original working on NTSC U wii, with cyclowiz. so, I guess it's fair to assume that with an update, it might work on a NTSC wiis (J and U) with wiikey as well

leeharris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, I just want to add that YAOSM is also confirmed to work with JP Brawl on an NTSC system.

Bell is the man. YAOSM is the best chip out there and its fucking free!

skaarj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
God damn, we dont know if it works on PAL, or not, yet!
You can take a look here;

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wi...ility_List:_PAL

Scroll to the bottom, there is a report about earlier "ntsc-j -> pal"-titles, and as you can see, it doesnt look bright. I would say its a 30% chance that it would work.

So dont get your hopes up. Personaly Im strongly concidering selling my PAL wii, and buying an US-one. So tired getting shafted by this always late european crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches