Hacking SSB Brawl hacks via usb???

Felipe_9595

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
is there a way to load .gct and .pac via an usb disc ?????? because i wanna play project m on a friend house, but he doesnt have a brawl disc.

Starcruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless he has a modded wii as well, you might as well forget about the wii reading third party information.
If he has modded his wii, soft- or hard-mod, you're still out of luck unless there is a homebrew app that can read and apply the files already installed. If not, DOWNLOAD IT! Use the homebrew browser that should be automatically installed through soft-mod.

P.S.: NOOB

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...Starcruiser? Please: do me a favor and refrain from giving advice until you have at least an idea of what you're talking about. Mentioning the homebrew browser is...just downright wrong in this case.

@Felipe: a .gct file is a cheat file for ocarina. Assuming your friend has a decent USB loader (wiiflow, USB loader CFG, even usb loader gx), each game has an option to import (and use) ocarina cheat codes. I haven't tried it myself, but the file should probably be called and placed in [sd]:\codes\rsbe01.gct (may differ depending on the settings of the loader).

As for the .pac file...I have honestly no idea. I don't know much of project M, but it sounds like it is built on riivolution. And if so...then it ain't going to happen. Riivolution's hacks interfere with cIOS'es/hacked IOS'es, which means it only works on retail disks.

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
@Felipe: a .gct file is a cheat file for ocarina. Assuming your friend has a decent USB loader (wiiflow, USB loader CFG, even usb loader gx), each game has an option to import (and use) ocarina cheat codes. I haven't tried it myself, but the file should probably be called and placed in [sd]:\codes\rsbe01.gct (may differ depending on the settings of the loader).

As for the .pac file...I have honestly no idea. I don't know much of project M, but it sounds like it is built on riivolution. And if so...then it ain't going to happen. Riivolution's hacks interfere with cIOS'es/hacked IOS'es, which means it only works on retail disks.

Well you got the first part right, but actually the brawl file replacement stuff actually came before riivolution (and is accomplished with a gct).

For other Brawl hacks, the following is true... I'm not 100% sure with Project M stuff.

Here's the codes you'll need (both NTSC and PAL) and the locations of where to put files (most of them, I created this guide a long time ago...)

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=5.0

(And since it's on topic... check out Brawl Vault for 1,300+ Brawl Hacks!)

Though I actually feel really dirty for helping this user. >.>;;

Felipe_9595

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yeah, i have everything in his palce.

My question is, how i laod it via an usb laoder, i tried with Usb Loader GX and didnt work (yeah, i went to setting and i checked OCARINA ON)

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, that should work then but I've never used GX so I can't say for sure.

With CFG with Cheats ON and code file in place... it'll announce 'codes found' and then 'codes loaded'. Does GX have something similar?

If it actually says the codes are being loaded... then it'll be some issue with the file placement / naming. If that's the case, if you can supply a screenshot of your Brawl file/folder placement I might be able to help.

(Personally, I always add in the camera hack to whatever code set I use so I can always test in game if the code file itself is working)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.