ROM Hack SRT OG saga Endless Frontier Exceed FULL translation Request

Enigmatic Masta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen that some of the game has already been translated, i was wondering why nobody picked up the "full" translation part.

at least the story dialogue. super robot taisen og saga endless frontier exceed's menu has mostly been finished, all that's left is the story.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=210746&hl=exceed

But the main poster said he had other stuff to do, maybe he can give it to someone else?

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already requested it in there bro. so did somebody else, like right after me. Maybe somebody'll get to it one of these days. *sigh* someday xD

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny thing about translation projects; 99% die before ever reaching completion. Hell, that percentage might actually be fairly accurate too. Rarely does a translation make it to 100% completion. This will more than likely be one of those games unless the translator picks up their work again. You could try asking them about it I suppose (starting up the translation again), but I don't know what may come of it. Don't blame me if they get angry either.

Nobody will expand upon the patch without explicit permission, as that is just theft of another's work and is not respected in any way in the hacking community.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Byronic Hero said:
I already requested it in there bro. so did somebody else, like right after me. Maybe somebody'll get to it one of these days. *sigh* someday xD

So be patient or do it yourself from scratch.

And I'm not a bro.

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Feb 13 2011, 04:27 AM) Funny thing about translation projects; 99% die before ever reaching completion. Hell, that percentage might actually be fairly accurate too. Rarely does a translation make it to 100% completion. This will more than likely be one of those games unless the translator picks up their work again. You could try asking them about it I suppose (starting up the translation again), but I don't know what may come of it. Don't blame me if they get angry either.

Nobody will expand upon the patch without explicit permission, as that is just theft of another's work and is not respected in any way in the hacking community.

Noitora's working on Blood of Bahamut right now, so he won't be picking it up any time soon, unless he wants to overstress again.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Noitora's working on Blood of Bahamut right now, so he won't be picking it up any time soon, unless he wants to overstress again.

Didn't see that he was working on another project. One person should never take on too much at once for stuff like this. It's why so many patches don't get completed. That and the teams tend to stop getting along about 50% of the way in, make it to, at max 60% then quit and either don't release a patch, or release an early, very incomplete patch which is the only compiled patch they kept around.

At the very least, the patch that does exist for Exceed has more than enough to actually play the game. DS RPG's are very linear in a good way, but still enough that you don't even really need the story to push you along.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Byronic Hero said:

So be patient or do it yourself from scratch.

And I'm not a bro.

I was talking to him, not you
tongue.gif

And I'm not being impatient, I got all the time in the world. If Noitora comes back to it: great, but if he doesn't: oh well.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Byronic Hero said:
I was talking to him, not you
tongue.gif

And I'm not being impatient, I got all the time in the world. If Noitora comes back to it: great, but if he doesn't: oh well.

My apologies, I'm dead to the world, haha.

Well, I'm sure he'll get back to it after we're done with BoB. One project at a time, or they'll never get finished.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Rush, at least someone still thinks about it.

If I can wait 9 Months for the localization of any Text Based Game (I.E. 999 & Ace Attorney) then I can surly wait for something like this
happy.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Byronic Hero said:
No Rush, at least someone still thinks about it.

If I can wait 9 Months for the localization of any Text Based Game (I.E. 999 & Ace Attorney) then I can surly wait for something like this
happy.gif

And that is what everyone should remember.
smile.gif

If you don't want to wait for a localization, be patient until someone decides to translate it. They think translations are easy, but these things take a big load of time and stress, which is why it's best to do one at a time. The least they can do is be patient.

supersaiyan3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
awww man. i wanted to thank Noitora for patching the game and i see that topic is locked because people pissed him off. not good and i can't believe how some people don't appreciate someone's hard work. i'm always the man that keep his mouth shut and patiently waiting for full release of patch :)

i'm gonna play the game and i know that one day Noitora will translate full story. i'm just thankful that he's translated ALL equipment, attack names etc. so yeah i gonna play it for a bit :)

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the original game and would have bought the sequel if it had gotten a US release...but it didn't.

Guess the sales weren't high enough to justify it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol