OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thanks donowprod you were the first to mention you had a ntsc copy working, which led me to my eventual cable dilemma! appreciate all the discussion guys, and i suggest everyone get this great game when it is released...can always use a new m+ right!

Crazziee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
PAL wii, wiiscrubbed version, loaded in USB Loader GX with alt dol provided with the file, watched the video, turned off the alt dol (had 002 fix on all the time), works like a charm.

@Crazziee: Boo hoo that you have to wait for release date if your tv is bad. In Europe, we have to wait ages to get actual in store releases. Rock Band 2 isn't even out until late September here. It's been out since last year there. Some of your titles don't even MAKE it here (I had to buy a freeloader and pay extortionate prices to get Animal Crossing and Skies of Arcadia Legends on the gamecube back in the day). Then for once we get something before you, and in fact, before official release, and you're whining? Stfu, noone wants to hear it.

Dude I am not moaning or complaining...

As my TV runs the game fine. I was just making people aware that if they have old TV's normally pre HDTV then you will run into problems. You know helping people on the forum without have to attack someone for no reason.....

Gravis152

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
When i load wii sports resort it is in black and white. What can i do to fix that?

If your using component cables (red white red blue green) then it sounds like one of your video cables isnt seated all the way or is bad.

markymark2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
colour on wii channels but when game boots i get black and white screens as well on a ntsc usa machine.
component cable red/white/yellow

morgan200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
markymark you are incorrect in your cabling...what you are using i believe composite and what you WANT to use is component. component cables consist of a THREE video cables, green blue and red.

Also i believe the problem with the game freezing when you are going back to the sys. menu is because you are essentially running the game in PAL mode but your wii system menu is NTSC and the game freaks out and freezes up...just my thoughts i could be way off base
smile.gif

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well its not a big deal. Even though its a little annoying, we still have the game early and in about a week we will have the usa version and these problems will be gone.

bikkou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone help? I have a PAL 4.1E Wii, using USB Loader for Wii Sports Resort PAL.

I did the Alternate DOL method and watched the video, then the Wii reset itself, so far so good.

Now that I turn the alternate DOL method off in the setting, it still gives me error 001, just like before I watched the video.

Any help?

Notorious9i6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked for me, 3.2U

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

Scrubbed with WiiScruber 1.31.
Simply extract and burn at slow speed.

Alternate .dol included for use with NeoGamma
>>Place file in :\NeoGamma folder on SD card
>>Run NeoGamma ensuring alternate .dol and .002 fix
>>are enabled. Insert wii motion plus and launch.

morgan200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
not completely familiar with PAL setups as far as softmodding goes, but are you using cios rev 13 or 13b? are you turning any other settings besides the alt .dol fix? guess i should also ask if you have a m+...

CuberToy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there !

So i resume : Wii PAL 3.2E for me

I try Resort PAL on USB Loader r623 with 002 on "Anti" and it reboot the Wii... any solution ?

Blanka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donowprod said:
At first I had problems loading WSR Pal using usb loader gx rev 584 with all video forced modes and using the SD alt dol method and 002 error fix.
I then updated usb loader gx to the latest rev 611, patched video to force pal60 and turned SD alt dol on for wii motion video then off after and 002 error fix on.
It now works flawless. My wii is 4.0U from usa, cios rev 13a, and my tv is a sony bravia xbr which will accept a pal signal so there was no problems.

Seems the problem for most ntsc u wiis is forcing pal video and not having a pal compatible tv

This is just my observation.

Okay I have the exact same thing as you except not an xbr. My TV is a KDL-26S2010 LCD HDTV. I tried exactly what you did and ended up with a green screen. Any suggestions? I have been working at this for two days! I watch the videos and then say go back to game. my system restarts. I went back into usb loader gx turned off the alt dol and still no dice.

my settings are:
I have a NTSC Wii (4.0) softmodded
My usb loader gx is rev611 IOS249 and (rev13a)
neogamma R6

CuberToy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so if you have the same prolem as me I found it...

Just use the alt-dol solution.
Use WiiScrubber for extract player.dol and rename it RZTP01.dol (and place it on the SD card)

Play the game once with it, watch the boring video. After reboot, play the game once again but without the alt-dol option... it's working and it's fun !!!

eddie182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bikkou said:

I did the Alternate DOL method and watched the video, then the Wii reset itself, so far so good.

Now that I turn the alternate DOL method off in the setting, it still gives me error 001, just like before I watched the video.

Any help?

I have this exact same problem yet on PAL 3.2E. Weird how a PAL game doesn't work on a PAL system. The only thing I can think of is that my modchip is being detected. Do you have a modchip and if so, what type?

I have a Wiikey V1.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 3.2E, PAL wii, USB GX on 611, and rev13a, and it 002s on me. How do you do the 002 fix? I thought that was old news?

seejay01462

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bikkou said:

Any help?

This happened to me. So I tried burning to disc, put it in the disc channel and it played perfectly. Then when I tried running it through USB Loader again it worked OK. I'm not saying it will work for you too as there seem to be many different solutions, but maybe it's worth a shot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...