Hacking Spoofing a Wii U from 5.5.1 > 5.5.2 and Disabling Updates

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the dns servers fail, u can't connect to the internet at all afaik. plus, that won't stop an update even if that's not the case. I spoofed on 5.3.2 to 5.5.1, and I was able to install the 5.5.1 update without issue by simply disabling my proxy. so either the dns servers will prevent any sort of internet access or them failing will result in u updating no matter what. I'm pretty sure the former is true actually.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the dns servers fail, u can't connect to the internet at all afaik. plus, that won't stop an update even if that's not the case. I spoofed on 5.3.2 to 5.5.1, and I was able to install the 5.5.1 update without issue by simply disabling my proxy. so either the dns servers will prevent any sort of internet access or them failing will result in u updating no matter what. I'm pretty sure the former is true actually.

So then add the servers to a blacklist on your router.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my router doesn't allow but maybe a couple blocked urls. use cc proxy to blacklist the servers if u don't already have them blocked by the router. that's what I did with the ps4 as well since that system has a bug where it will not only download but also install system updates even if the "do not download/install" button is ticked. I found all of the update servers using cc proxy since it records what url u connect to whenever it asks to download/install an update.

Taks

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
OP what is it?
  • download the special pack I made for this (includes version data, wupinstaller and homebrew launcher.)
    where download??

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
@BORTZ Seems you deleted the pack, during the 5.3.2 spoofing days these files were widespread and nothing was done, example being sonyusas thread on spoofing, would you mind rechecking if I can actually post this? Also considering this is all encrypted (no keys required to obtain), free and publicly available stuff, you download it from the NUS, all the tools are public it's not piracy in any way, i've put it back up for the time being. Please do notify me if this is in some way illegal and I will take it down.

Examples of same files being shared
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-title-installer-firmware-spoofing-3-x-5-4-0.397053/

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't fully trust DNS blocking, as those can go down, but rather, I use my router to block all of Nintendo's update servers.
If the dns severs go down the wiiu still won't connect to the Internet at all you can't load the browser or eshop or anything so an update can't be downloaded. To summarise if DNS blockers are down wiiu has no Internet connection at all

you can play online.
But online games still work on 5.5.1 I was playing Mario Maker and Splatoon and Mario kart 8 all on my 5.5.1 wiiu this afternoon so the spoofer serves no purpose

Reactions: SugoiEndeavor

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
If the dns severs go down the wiiu still won't connect to the Internet at all you can't load the browser or eshop or anything so an update can't be downloaded. To summarise if DNS blockers are down wiiu has no Internet connection at all

But online games still work on 5.5.1 I was playing Mario Maker and Splatoon and Mario kart 8 all on my 5.51 wiiu this afternoon so the spoofer serves no purpose
They will block online on 5.5.1 this is good preemptively, and you're probably using CBHC or CFW which makes your argument invalid.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They will block online on 5.5.1 this is good preemptively, and you're probably using CBHC or CFW which makes your argument invalid.
No I am using mocha so my point is not invalid. Plus nintendo has always allowed online play on firmware one bellow the current firmware version on all systems so no they are not going to block online on 5.5.1.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
No I am using mocha so my point is not invalid. Plus nintendo has always allowed online play on firmware one bellow the current firmware version on all systems so no they are not going to block online on 5.5.1.
yep, invalid, mocha sets your version data to 99.99.99.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo