Spoofing a Wii U from 5.5.1 > 5.5.2 and Disabling Updates

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by iAqua, Jul 18, 2017.

1. heratis

heratis Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    Mexico
    thanks for your reply, I won't take the risk.

2. PlasticK

PlasticK Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2017
    Russia
    is this compatible with coldboot haxchi 5.5.1 ?

i tried this multiple times with a lot of different versions of homebrew launcher and wupinstaller, through the browser exploit and nand installed hbl and it says it was installed successfully but it seems to do nothing. wup installer gx2 says this is no

my game black ops 2 still wants to do a system update before downloading the game update.

in this youtube video at 6:33 mins the guide says to verify the spoof go to system settings and it should show 5.5.2 as fw version. on cbhc it still shows 99.99.99

so i suppose this is only for ofw, right?

3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    You have coldboot haxchi so just update to 5.5.2 as haxchi and all homebrew are compatible with 5.5.2 anyway.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You need to boot without HaxchiFW to see the real version. You can do that by cancelling autoboot (IIRC a message appears telling you something like "press home to cancel autoboot" when you power on, press whatever button it says) and booting into HBL, then going back to the home menu by pressing Home to exit to Mii Maker, then Home again and "Close Software". I don't know if there's another way to boot stock OFW with CBHC but that way should work.
    Also, the update blocking method in that video is no longer the recommended method, the method in the first post is much more failsafe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice