Hacking Spoofing a Wii U from 5.5.1 > 5.5.2 and Disabling Updates

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sticking to 5.5.1 without the spoof aside from the spoof to all 9's with cbhc. I may need the browserhax someday, so I see no reason to update or to spoof for that matter. a friend of mine told me that he tried to access the eshop on cbhc, was prompted by an update, rebooted the wii u, then couldn't get out of the update being installed. ...so the spoof with cbhc/haxchi may be pointless as well. out-of-date system titles must be what triggers the update.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sticking to 5.5.1 without the spoof aside from the spoof to all 9's with cbhc. I may need the browserhax someday, so I see no reason to update or to spoof for that matter. a friend of mine told me that he tried to access the eshop on cbhc, was prompted by an update, rebooted the wii u, then couldn't get out of the update being installed. ...so the spoof with cbhc/haxchi may be pointless as well. out-of-date system titles must be what triggers the update.
If you are on 5.5.1 and you use NNU patcher you can access eshop just fine. It will want to update the system but the update will fail. All you have to do at that point is unplug your wii u. Wait a second and plug it back in. After boot the update will be gone and anything that you have queued up from the eshop will start to download and install.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's too late for my friend unfortunately, but he already had haxchi/cbhc installed. it's just a bummer to lose the browser exploit in case it's needed again at some point like if u have to format the system, uninstalling cbhc first of course. :P I'm personally sticking with 5.5.1 without a spoof aside from the one built in to cbhc. I have no desire to update since there's no real reason to do so. Nintendo was too little, too late with this update. where was it when zelda was released???

Reactions: DaGlitch17

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
last edited by a mod. the spoofed files r copywritten, so they're not aloud I believe. it's very easy to do yourself though.
I presume I need an id for the spoof for the version 552 to download. Tbh have you got the pack still can you PM me ;) it would save me a lot of time.

Edit: I've got it thanks I just googled it :)

Last edited by Reecey,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I presume I need an id for the spoof for the version 552 to download. Tbh have you got the pack still can you PM me ;) it would save me a lot of time.

Edit: I've got it thanks I just googled it :)

I wouldn't uh, make that kind of offering around here, people are capable of using Google :P

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't uh, make that kind of offering around here, people are capable of using Google :P
Why is it a bad idea spoofing to v5.5.2? have you done it. Or do you just mean finding the files?

Edit: I'm quite pleased Nintendo has released a new update my WiiU has now trebled in value! :toot:

Last edited by Reecey,

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's too late for my friend unfortunately, but he already had haxchi/cbhc installed. it's just a bummer to lose the browser exploit in case it's needed again at some point like if u have to format the system, uninstalling cbhc first of course. :P I'm personally sticking with 5.5.1 without a spoof aside from the one built in to cbhc. I have no desire to update since there's no real reason to do so. Nintendo was too little, too late with this update. where was it when zelda was released???

Exactly, that is what i'm doing. There is no point using version spoofs or updating a cbhc install currently on sysnand 5.5.1. It's worth keeping the browser hax on 5.5.1 imo.

5.5.2 is a complete and useless update on a now legacy console.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that was for the usa, so don't use that command line if you're in Europe. I think the correct command line for u is: java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005001010041200 -dlEncrypted .

from what I've seen, there's no point in spoofing as online gameplay works (the only reason for spoofing in the first place). if u try accessing the eshop without nnupatcher, u'll be prompted to update. also, make sure all updates r being blocked. I'm using cc proxy to block updates instead of my router or those tubehax dns.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly, that is what i'm doing. There is no point using version spoofs or updating a cbhc install currently on sysnand 5.5.1. It's worth keeping the browser hax on 5.5.1 imo.

5.5.2 is a complete and useless update on a now legacy console.
Spoofing your console will still have browser access thats the point in spoofing the firmware to v5.5.2 so the console still believes it has v5.5.1 access!

Last edited by Reecey,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
however, online gaming works without the spoof. u can't enter the eshop without nnu patcher as the spoof is rendered meaningless then. they're right - y even spoof then?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
however, online gaming works without the spoof. u can't enter the eshop without nnu patcher as the spoof is rendered meaningless then. they're right - y even spoof then?
Yes I agree with you, it sounds pointless but like randomizer made a very good point, if you don't spoof your firmware and your dns servers pack up it might update and then you will be on v5.5.2 I always spoof because of this reason. Its better to be safe than sorry! I always thought you could not go online with games unless you where on the latest firmware, it must of changed because that was not the case on older firmware I'm sure we had this issue on v5.3.2 and if you didn't spoof to v5.4.0 you could not go online gaming.

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill