Hacking splatoon voice chat control cheat code help

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello
im planning on working on a code to enable voice chat anytime in game and not just in lobby.
for the other party to hear, do they need to host my codes too?
i dont want to work on this myself so if anyone is interested feef free to provide a hand.
or a mic...
thanks and lets make this dream a reality.
also
if your interested but cant help at least show your support so the modders know it is sought for.
this shouldnt be hard to accomplish if all it requires is memory allocation.

Last edited by Don Jon,
Reactions: I pwned U!

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't splatoon match you up with random people? the chances they'd also have a "voice chat cheat code" enabled at this point seems very slim.

if you're playing with people you DO know, why not just... use skype?
im planning on working on a code
i dont want to work on this myself
sowhatisthetruth.gif

Last edited by frogboy,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Azeryn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on, it should be as easy as making this:

Code:
If (mic available)
   mic = 1;
else
   mic = 0;

xD
Sure, something simple like that could in theory turn Mic on. But then you have to think about every other part of the voice chat. It not implemented in that part of the game at all. So grats, you made the Mic detect sound. Now get it to send that over the network. Then rewrite the other clients so they're listening for voice chat. And probably 200 other things.

This is something that cannot be done simply and will involve modding your game, the other players games, and possibly Nintendo's own servers.

Last edited by Azeryn,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, something simple like that could in theory turn Mic on. But then you have to think about every other part of the voice chat. It not implemented in that part of the game at all. So grats, you made the Mic detect sound. Now get it to send that over the network. Then rewrite the other clients so they're listening for voice chat. And probably 200 other things.

This is something that cannot be done simply and will involve modding your game, the other players games, and possibly Nintendo's own servers.
Eh, it's mostly getting it running in parallel, I'm not sure how easy it would be to make another voice to output whatever audio you get and then you need to make another socket to send data between the two consoles (which requires knowing how it gets the IPs for peer-to-peer) and then you gotta get the MIC API working right

Azeryn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, it's mostly getting it running in parallel, I'm not sure how easy it would be to make another voice to output whatever audio you get and then you need to make another socket to send data between the two consoles (which requires knowing how it gets the IPs for peer-to-peer) and then you gotta get the MIC API working right
Either way, it's not a simple "cheat code" that the op is going to work on.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Uhh I think he was just joking lol

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NWPlayer123
thanks for the input
i know u like splatoon
ive only got experience in wii gecko codes
but you know what
fuck nintendo for obfuscating this
if we can somehow work on this and make it possible
nintendo will shit themselves
everybody wanted voice chat

that is what i meant
if u play on teams
and both players have the same codes
it may work
kinda like in wifi brawl
if both players hosted the same custom character
then it would appear in online game in online matches
no matter if bone changes existed.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I guess you're not assuming everyone who play Splatoon speaks the same language as you do... right?

Anyways the thing I want the least would be Splatoon with voice chat, it would make teamwork more stressful to me. But hey, good luck with that, sounds like a LOT of work (It actually looks impossible IMO).

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you're not assuming everyone who play Splatoon speaks the same language as you do... right?
cant u play on teams with friends?

nothing is impossible in the virtual world

btw Ninty is aware some people did want voice chat
its very possible the coding is there, and the plug was pulled at the final release
many were hoping a new update would actually enable it
anyways enough of speculating from me.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
cant u play on teams with friends?

nothing is impossible in the virtual world

btw Ninty is aware some people did want voice chat
its very possible the coding is there, and the plug was pulled at the final release
many were hoping a new update would actually enable it
anyways enough of speculating from me.
Oh yeah, I kinda forgot Private Matches were an option in game, yeah, that would be super useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill