Hacking [SPECULATION] Current State of Affairs for 3DS Flash Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryRussianKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have collected facts about Gateway VS Evoshit.

Why Evo could be GW team?
- same features as 2.0F from GW.
- long wait shows us, why GW is idling. GW is preparing new flashcard.
- (dont take it seriously,just lold) Same red 3DS XL. We need to compare S/N to prove.

Why GW and Evo are different
- Stupid site. Company, which registered this site, has an awful reputation(bad reports).
- Their location is different from GW team location. (GW sent me an address to send them bricked console).

Why Evo cant be a clone? MT or third company. GW has EVERYTHING to release(Multirom, Nand games). Its very stupid that they closed GW business.

One thing, which can prove why GW is Evobastards, is mail from Arabic reseller of GW(sounds funny).

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I have collected facts about Gateway VS Evoshit.

Why Evo could be GW team?
- same features as 2.0F from GW.
- long wait shows us, why GW is idling. GW is preparing new flashcard.
- (dont take it seriously,just lold) Same red 3DS XL. We need to compare S/N to prove.

Why GW and Evo are different
- Stupid site. Company, which registered this site, has an awful reputation(bad reports).
- Their location is different from GW team location. (GW sent me an address to send them bricked console).

Why Evo cant be a clone? MT or third company. GW has EVERYTHING to release(Multirom, Nand games). Its very stupid that they closed GW business.

One thing, which can prove why GW is Evobastards, is mail from Arabic reseller of GW(sounds funny).

Oh for the love of...

RTFM, the company that registered the evo3ds site is a prim and proper chinese tech company. There are just people making use of their services for less than noble things.

The only two confirmed clones without a doubt is 3dslink and R4iGoldDeluxe. MT card and Evo should not be considered as clones.

Here is the definition of the word clone. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/clone

GW does not have exclusive rights to features which magically turn all other competing products with those said features into clones.

There is anecdotal evidence suggesting that MT-card is a product of at the very least GW and perhaps SC.

Then again, perhaps russian english is different hence I might be misinterpreting your post.

Reactions: josh_axey

josh_axey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Yes, please take note everyone, that I simply highlighted the company that the website was registered to as being involved in other websites of a fraudulent nature. It does not mean they themselves are engaging in it. They provide a web service.

And, as I have said: Flash carts fall in this category of shady transactions and typical "illegal chinese company activity", so to speak. This is not out of character regardless of whether the company is an IT services provider, or the party themselves.
Flashcarts for running pirated games are no more moral than knock off hair straighteners or stolen gaming accounts.

I want everyone to understand that clearly. Lambstone has done the last part of great courtesy by highlighting the fact that they are a services company, and cannot be directly blamed for the activities of their clients. Please be aware the information is given to you simply in the interest of discretion - not to get you guys all hot and bothered about who is scamming who!

Reactions: lambstone

josh_axey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, it was showing some default pages before because it was missing it's index etc. - Someone is tinkering or breaking it by accident. Something like that.

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW already has multirom ready. If they wanted to remake themselves as a new company, they'd need more than just Clone features + support for 2 more games. I don't see why they would remake their company anyways, seeing as they are currently top of their market.

mattrunks

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
GW already has multirom ready. If they wanted to remake themselves as a new company, they'd need more than just Clone features + support for 2 more games. I don't see why they would remake their company anyways, seeing as they are currently top of their market.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

granted once online multiplayer gets cracked we'll probably see a new successor to the evo3ds aka team gateway

Reactions: jrr6415sun

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

There are many possible explanations. Greed, inability to update existing carts, tarnished reputation etc etc. Based on current events its not looking good for them. At this point of time, my personal recommendation is to steer clear of GW purchases.

Yes. Read http://gbatemp.net/threads/speculat...or-3ds-flash-cards.363645/page-8#post-4948409

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that it is probable that Gateway is behind this because NONE of the clones are capable of innovation and can only blindly use the work of others: to the extent that they happened to forget to remove the actual brick code.

People are forgetting that if GW are starting on a new card, then it's not just the GW'ers who are out of it, but also the clones since the clones were using the GW FW. Therefore, it would be in everyone's best interests if GW released 2.0: it wouldn't guarantee new updates or even a workable firmware, of course, but it would increase the chances of people (+people using clones) having a chance of an update to use. And plus, it might restore their reputation.

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if you don't see why they would need to make a new company then you need to read this thread as many people have mentioned

1) they have a bad rep from bricking
2) it is possible the current gateway card does not support the new features they want to add. Instead of pissing off their customers, (who might feel cheated) and making everyone buy a new card, they will disband the company and make a new one and pretend like nothing ever happened.
3) why give a free update when they can just make a new card and make people pay all over again

Reactions: TemplarGR

blitzar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been reading up on this trying to keep up-to-date. I'm pretty sure GW only bragged about their "upcoming release/beta testing" and "upcoming features" in an attempt to get people to purchase their product so that they can clear out stock. Whether or not they do provide an update is up to them - but it certainly does seem like they're working on a new flash card and will be abandoning it soon (if not already).

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what exactly are the merits of these two statements? Yes, we get it. You hate gateway. It's painfully obvious in your various posts. Yes. You do have good reasons to hate GW. But you should not be posting stuff like this. It's senseless and useless to the purpose of this thread. Next thing you know, GW fanboys and GW haters appear in this thread and derail the discussion completely. Please stop. I implore you.

Gateway costs $80 because of greedy international resellers. It costs $50 if you get from chinese resellers. I got mine from a friend in China. $50 is acceptable for what it does. Even a legit game costs at least $50 in Australia because in Australia we have this slogan "Fuck the consumers. Why? Because they are suckers." The $30 markup by international sellers is ridiculous.

I think what I posted is very relevant to the thread. Don't support Gateway screwing over their customers. Also $50 is still expensive to give money to greedy scammers. I would pay $30 at most.

Reactions: TemplarGR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: