Hacking SPECULATION: A strategy to load games off USB! (No loader)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
But then they would still need to format the HDD into that special format after putting the game... :/
I think they forced the Wii U to recognize a standart HDD device (let's say NTFS for example) as a Wii U formated device, the patch they talking is probably to fix the way Wii U read the info from this standart format into Wii U, at least that's my theory. Kinda like the old DVDX patches during Wii days, because the system didn't read in the same way as standart DVD systems.

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it might be true that they patch the games on the fly before installation but since this doesn't need an iosu exploit, why hasn't this done before? Unless we need our otp keys info.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I think they forced the Wii U to recognize a standart HDD device (let's say NTFS for example) as a Wii U formated device, the patch they talking is probably to fix the way Wii U read the info from this standart format into Wii U, at least that's my theory.
But that would need exploiting IOSU, and they said that's not what they did. :/

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK you only can have USB access through IOSU... no idea how they went that far then.
Since they had an sd card inserted on that wiiu, they could have patched the game with the needed keys on a pc and then copied the game to the sd card, so wup installer would install the game to the usb storage without needing iosu.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think they forced the Wii U to recognize a standart HDD device (let's say NTFS for example) as a Wii U formated device, the patch they talking is probably to fix the way Wii U read the info from this standart format into Wii U, at least that's my theory. Kinda like the old DVDX patches during Wii days, because the system didn't read in the same way as standart DVD systems.
They already said it's in the Wii U's special format, so no FAT/FAT32/NTFS devices.
I'm guessing it will be something similar to the old WBFS formatted USBs back in the Wii days, before we could use a simple /wbfs/ folder in a normally formatted USB.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: AboodXD

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendont would like to have a word with you
The program also needs to be aware of (read) partitioning. which I doubt the Wii U software is. It might be possible for someone to use a smaller drive, image it, manually rip the partition, inject it, and create a fat32/ntfs after it. but idk. never tried, not worth it honestly. HDDs are cheap.

Reactions: AboodXD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth