USB only being recognized on initial boot?

Chumplet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I am new to modding wii's, but have modded other consoles without issues.

I have followed the tutorials to the letter but have come across an issue that is really odd and annoying. On my first boot GX Loader initialized my USB SSD and found all of my files, no problem, I even played a WIi game. I downloaded the art and restarted.. This time in Gx Loader the Usb was not initialized and it went into the HDD 20 second countdown I have read lots about. Everytime i tried after it did the same HDD countdown, bypassing the USB initialization. I read this morning that the issue may be that the 1TB Samsung SSD T7 is being recognized by my PC as a "Local Disk" and not a USB removable drive, could this be the issue? I actually checked the SSD drive and found a recycle folder on it that had been created in Windows. I deleted it and lo and behold, once inserted into my Wii - the USB was recognized and my games re-appeared. The bad new is that upon rebooting we went back to the 20 second countdown shenanigans. I am really frustrated and tired, what am I missing? To be clear - I have a Wii Black Family Version, I am using the lower USB port, when I boot into Nintendont the system does recognize the USB everytime. All my files are in the correct file structure and format wbfs (as said they do get recognized and work... but only after I delete the recycle bin off the SSD and reboot, and then just the once.. I honestly feel its something to do with the Local Disk structure on the SSD but I have no idea really, I might just be missing something in a menu.. Any help would be hugely appreciated..

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for the answer. Sorry is that a USB splitter cable? And why would that make a difference?

The single usb port you are using with the SSD might not be able to provide enough power and being able to process data at the same time, that why you need to use a y cable, one port for data, one port for power.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thx for the answer. Sorry is that a USB splitter cable? And why would that make a difference?
The reason it makes a difference is because the WiiU usb ports only output half the power of a standard USB port. As a Y Cable plugs into two usb ports you then get the necessary output of power.

Chumplet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The reason it makes a difference is because the WiiU usb ports only output half the power of a standard USB port. As a Y Cable plugs into two usb ports you then get the necessary output of power.
Sorry you say the WiiU - i am using a standard Wii - does it have the same issues?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto