Hacking SPECULATION: A strategy to load games off USB! (No loader)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
No, you can't. Wii U needs a drive with a specific partition table. The whole drive must be modified (partition table), not just some of its "parts" (partition).

That's why we need a program like wiibackupmanager so we can use the same drive shared with vwii games.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
That's why we need a program like wiibackupmanager so we can use the same drive shared with vwii and nintendont games
If that's what you want, then you need to add USB support to Loadiine.

Other than that, you must format the HDD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

AFAIK you only can have USB access through IOSU... no idea how they went that far then.
Isn't that what I said?

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If that's what you want, then you need to add USB support to Loadiine.

Other than that, you must format the HDD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Isn't that what I said?

@dimok is this possibble if you know the source code for this?

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G-get hyped? Also, it's nice to know that I can buy an external hard drive for about the same price as a brand new Wii-U game, and fit pretty much all the good non shovel ware games on it. At the same time, that's kinda sad.

Corredor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's why we need a program like wiibackupmanager so we can use the same drive shared with vwii games.

Idk, but I think we need to modify Wii U system (just like cIOS on Wii) to be able to use drives with a different partition table.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
@leonmagnus99 No need to release anything because IOSU exploit was already released. ;) (somewhere, search for it)
It's the tools that we're lacking, I'll not make a move because Team SALT has already did.

Guys, calm down. I made this thread to inspire some specific people so they could turn this strategy into reality.

It does.
It's a bummer I know, that you can't have all games in one USB. ;(

Excuse me, we're inserting a official game, it WILL pass the checks because it's SIGNED. (Games are signed, homebrews aren't!)

I think only WUD, I don't think the Wii U actually expects a WUX coming... :P

@Reecey blame the one who started the offtopicness.

Also @King Cerelepe, since you're releasing anyway, can you tell me what exactly did you do? I'm kinda curious... I'm sure it's a hacky way! :P
If you don't want any information to go public before the release, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
I will blame you for everything Abood, if we don't get USB access to run LOZTPrincessHD properly without waiting ten years to load the next screen or if we cant have rednand or maybe something like A9LH, yes just about everything, is that ok with you? no just joking bro, you know that! :P I'm only adding to the excitement for the thread, stirring the shit etc..

Edit: I promise to the staff I will zip it from now on! well in this thread anyway, pinky swear :)

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Deleted User

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If hykem only gave his IOSU when he announced it. Maybe just maybe may the wii u scene would have been active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg