Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't be surprised if it needed a small delay or something.

we need to work it out, it's been getting worse for me today (fresh install), before fresh install was 100% boot rate but now it's probably 50% of the time

Here's my config...

boot_config :
{
timeout = 0;
autobootfix = 8;
recovery = 2;
default = 0;
entries = (
{
title = "ReiNAND";
path = "/ReiNand.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
}, {
title = "Cakes";
path = "/Cakes.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
}, {
title = "HomeBrewMenu";
path = "/boot.3dsx";
key = 0;
} );
};

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we need to work it out, it's been getting worse for me today (fresh install), before fresh install was 100% boot rate but now it's probably 50% of the time

Here's my config...

boot_config :
{
timeout = 0;
autobootfix = 8;
recovery = 2;
default = 0;
entries = (
{
title = "ReiNAND";
path = "/ReiNand.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
}, {
title = "Cakes";
path = "/Cakes.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
}, {
title = "HomeBrewMenu";
path = "/boot.3dsx";
key = 0;
} );
};
try putting boot fix higher I've got mine set to 120

Reactions: peteruk

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was actually talking about the code in Reinand, but you could probably set the autobootfix to something higher to see if that helps your boot rates. Mine are still good, but I just don't see the splash screen very often (yet emuNAND still boots).

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
try putting boot fix higher I've got mine set to 120

i will try it, thanks mate :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was actually talking about the code in Reinand, but you could probably set the autobootfix to something higher to see if that helps your boot rates. Mine are still good, but I just don't see the splash screen very often (yet emuNAND still boots).

sorry bud, totally misunderstood

Reactions: jackb994

DarK_DragoN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if there's a way to get the splash screen to show up more often..it seems like when I boot Reinand, most of the time it doesn't show up (black screen until emuNAND boots, or a black screen with a few random pixels set on the left side). :unsure:
Are you using a custom splash.bin? I had the same problem with one I made and I had to re-make it.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What more can you do that you couldn't do before on 9.5? You can literally access Eshop, play games, do everything.

9.5 required cryptofixed games and spoofed firmware for updates, which was annoying and a dirty fix. With 9.6+ emuNAND you don't need that anymore; you can get back on the eShop like you said, and get updates/games without requiring any ugly fixes (even if you bought some games off the eShop legit, they still had to be cryptofixed). Now that it's out you (you meaning a person in general) might as well keep pushing to the highest version you can, there's no reason not to (and before updating, make backups as appropriate just in case).

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
If I'm not mistaken, at least this worked for me, unlinking your Nands helped with my unwrapping issue. Haven't had to since. ReiNand 3.1 emunand 10.4 N3DSXL US

Edit: could just patch your games as well, I'm running everything from USA-Japan and back!

Using ctrbootmanager to coldboot into rei/cakes also prevents the unwrapping if you don't want to unlink for some reasons.
(If you ever need to boot into sysnand for whatever reason and then back into emunand a bit later you have to unwrap again :P )

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
since upgrading to v3.0/3.1 i hadn't tried to install any new content, just trying to install a cia file now using devmenu and it starts installing and then stops and then starts and then stops (you get the idea)

i remember seeing somewhere some others experiencing this too, i was wondering if anyone discovered a fix ? I am going to try another installation package now just to rule out it's not devmenu

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since upgrading to v3.0/3.1 i hadn't tried to install any new content, just trying to install a cia file now using devmenu and it starts installing and then stops and then starts and then stops (you get the idea)

i remember seeing somewhere some others experiencing this too, i was wondering if anyone discovered a fix ? I am going to try another installation package now just to rule out it's not devmenu
I think I know what you mean, I had the same issue on RxTools. You should try using FBI instead, far more reliable.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Heh, nice. I got the 10.4 FIRM/kernel to boot in Reinand (mostly thanks to Cakes, since they had the offsets handy, minus the ARM9 thread, so I left that out). It has no practical use right now, but eh. I'm going to keep pushing for higher kernels (note that that doesn't mean I'm going to bug you Rei :P) as long as we can until Nintendo blocks us. The only downside is NTR doesn't like it. Guess it needs another update.

Edit: For those who want to join the fun, know how to compile, and get their own firmware.bin files: https://github.com/thedax/ReiNand/commit/77739c867470f5ff8a0c701e30c977df1fa53f03

Last edited by daxtsu,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, the 10.4 FIRM is up on the ISO site now, courtesy of Aurora Wright, so it's just a matter of compiling with changed offsets if you want to try out the 10.4 kernel. Functionally there should be almost zero difference, aside from NTR needing an update yet again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone