Sony rewarding patient UK gamers?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heard this on the radio this morning, although according to the news reporter it was Virgin who gave them away so erm they got free publicity!

ozzyzak

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I screwed up the topic. Meant to put 'rewards patient UK gamers'. It was obviously a one-off thing. Just wanted to see what people think, I'm not a Sony fanboy or anything.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
125 Gamers got a 46" Sony Bravia HDTV each worth £2,500, a total of over £310K.

Only the first gamer in the queue got one straight away, the others will recieve theirs next week.
After that they all got free taxi rides home.

Thats some generous gift.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BBC source said:
The queue of gamers seemed small compared to previous launches of consoles and there appeared to be more press, guests and staff than consumers.

Ray Maguire, head of PlayStation in the UK, said he was "delighted" with the response.

"We have got plenty of stock in shops, so people know they don't have to rush out to secure a console," he said.

Seriously, who are they trying to kid? The reason there wasn't tons of people at the launch is because there aren't tons of people that want a PS3.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pretty nice of Sony though if it wasn't for that I think it would have been a fairly underwhelming launch, and even so the launch didn't seem as acclaimed as the Xbox360 or Wii over here. Good to see it out over here at long last mind you, not that I plan to buy one for a few years yet lol.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pretty nice of Sony though if it wasn't for that I think it would have been a fairly underwhelming launch, and even so the launch didn't seem as acclaimed as the Xbox360 or Wii over here. Good to see it out over here at long last mind you, not that I plan to buy one for a few years yet lol.

same here + they need to slim it down however Free 46" HD
cry.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol. i just bought a PS2. Just because its $100 and not $600. And because i have no reason to get an HD, much less a 46'' which wouldn't fit in my room.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only person that laughs at the fact that some people in that line may be selling the system and they just got a free tv as well?
rofl2.gif

Still, good move Sony. Keep those gamers safe. So you can fuck them later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30