Sony announces new PlayStation Stars loyalty program

7c2015886b28f3a6329ec248e98e0f4dbed79b95.jpg

Sony has announced it will be launching a new loyalty program for the PlayStation brand later this year. Titled PlayStation Stars, this program will be free to join, and will reward players for completing a variety of missions and challenges. A monthly check-in will be available for playing any game, but other missions may include winning tournaments, earning specific trophies, or being the first to platinum a title in your time zone.

It appears these rewards will take the form of either loyalty points or digital collectibles. Loyalty points can be redeemed on the PlayStation Store for PSN wallet funds or specific items on the store. PS Plus subscribers will also earn some loyalty points on purchases from the PlayStation Store. (It's unclear right now whether this applies to all PS Plus subscribers or just certain tiers.)

Digital collectibles will be digital representations of "things PlayStation fans enjoy," such as figurines of characters or Sony hardware. Not much is known about these digital collectibles, such as where they will exist or how they can be viewed. However, in an interview with The Washington Post, Sony's vice president of network advertising, loyalty and licensed merchandise, Grace Chen, was emphatic in distancing these collectibles from non-fungible tokens. “It’s definitely not NFTs. Definitely not. You can’t trade them or sell them. It is not leveraging any blockchain technologies and definitely not NFTs,” Chen said.

:arrow: Source

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
“It’s definitely not NFTs. Definitely not. You can’t trade them or sell them. It is not leveraging any blockchain technologies and definitely not NFTs,”

THIS READS LIKE POETRY. <3

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yea because nintendo invented a reward scheme.

If anything, it could actually make trophies useful now.

I thought the purpose of xbox achievements from day one would be to trade in towards some form of free content, be it digital themes etc.
While it's not a lot, you can earn a $10 PSN voucher for every ten platinum trophies since about 4 years ago (in the US at least). Less for lower grade trophies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.