Sony releases software update for PSP in 2015

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by zeello, Jan 16, 2015.

1. zeello
    OP

zeello The reason we can't have nice things.

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    Weird huh...

its version 6.61, came out just today according to Wikipedia. Supposedly it doesn't change much. But its nonetheless interesting to know that the PSP has been updated for the first time in over 3 years.

2. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    It's a sign that they are going to reestablish the pso and cancel the vita out of existence lol

3. jrronimo

jrronimo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I just saw this as well -- I'm assuming it will nuke any sort of cfw that's installed...? I was about to hop on the store on my PSP Go and found I couldn't, heh. Thought it best not to update yet.

4. zeello
    OP

zeello The reason we can't have nice things.

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    Well I updated the very day it came out and nothing bad happened. But I don't use CFW at all.

5. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Does it affect
    Pro c 3 6.60 fix 3

6. Reckless-0

Reckless-0 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2014
    United States
    Mount Pleasant, Michigan
    So, it will destroy your current CFW setup... and if you want to update I believe you will need to go through the uninstall process on whatever CFW you are currently on (at least I did but I am on a GO with no hope for Pandora so, I like to keep it safe). I went from 6.20 PRO C2 to 6.61 LME. Decided I wanted to keep my perma patch and downgraded back to 6.20 PRO C2.

I haven't seen an official release of the PRO 6.61 but the files are floating around since it is an open source CFW. ME and LME both got official updates for 6.61 CFW. I won't link since I don't have time to read the rules haha...

Personally my recommendation would be that unless you want to play the 1-2 games that require this FW to run well I would recommend just staying on 6.60 or 6.20 for the perm patch.

7. xy1154

xy1154 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Switzerland
    Somewhere
    Still using 5.50 Prometheus CFW on my fat PSP. Okay for most of the games.

8. RJ Sly 95

RJ Sly 95 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2010
    Apparently it's an update for the game Brandish, which was released last month in USA.

9. Mushkin

Mushkin GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2007
    Portugal, Porto
    still in need to update my psp