zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird huh...

its version 6.61, came out just today according to Wikipedia. Supposedly it doesn't change much. But its nonetheless interesting to know that the PSP has been updated for the first time in over 3 years.

jrronimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw this as well -- I'm assuming it will nuke any sort of cfw that's installed...? I was about to hop on the store on my PSP Go and found I couldn't, heh. Thought it best not to update yet.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I updated the very day it came out and nothing bad happened. But I don't use CFW at all.

Reckless-0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it will destroy your current CFW setup... and if you want to update I believe you will need to go through the uninstall process on whatever CFW you are currently on (at least I did but I am on a GO with no hope for Pandora so, I like to keep it safe). I went from 6.20 PRO C2 to 6.61 LME. Decided I wanted to keep my perma patch and downgraded back to 6.20 PRO C2.

I haven't seen an official release of the PRO 6.61 but the files are floating around since it is an open source CFW. ME and LME both got official updates for 6.61 CFW. I won't link since I don't have time to read the rules haha...

Personally my recommendation would be that unless you want to play the 1-2 games that require this FW to run well I would recommend just staying on 6.60 or 6.20 for the perm patch.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
Weird huh...

its version 6.61, came out just today according to Wikipedia. Supposedly it doesn't change much. But its nonetheless interesting to know that the PSP has been updated for the first time in over 3 years.
Apparently it's an update for the game Brandish, which was released last month in USA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself