Sony drops PS4 Bundle prices ahead of Switch launch

855450AF-4DA7-4DDE-9D39-E14F0E6E58B1-24575-0000139F16BD555B_tmp.jpg

Starting from February 12th through February 25th, Sony is dropping the prices of select PS4 Slim bundles in the US to $249. You can get the Uncharted 4 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare bundles with the updated Dualshock 4 and 500GB HDD at that price. No info so far on a price reduction in Europe.

The Nintendo Switch launches on March 3rd in the US for a suggested retail price of $299.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by shaunj66,

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm surprised they end the promotion before the Switch launches. It seems like if Sony really wanted to hurt Nintendo here, they'd have the promotion last another week or so.
Maybe is the saturn effect, they cut the price of ps1, after the saturn did the same they went on the price contest until sega became third party

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mother. F***ers. I just got the uncharted bundle last week. Are you kidding me. Wtf. I still have the receipt... possibly return for full refund then buy it $50 cheaper??? lol be nice if I can.
depends who the retailer is, you might be able to get a price adjustment (give you the $50 back in store gift card) or just return it as you said assuming it hasnt been opened yet

Last edited by Joe88,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe is the saturn effect, they cut the price of ps1, after the saturn did the same they went on the price contest until sega became third party

Well Nintendo has enough money for at least 3 or 4 more failed consoles before they have to worry about going third party. Beyond that, no matter how badly the Switch may do, there is no way it will ever be as obscure as the Saturn, for starters the Switch already has a long of very strong games coming to it. Only Saturn game of note I can think of is Nights.

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well Nintendo has enough money for at least 3 or 4 more failed consoles before they have to worry about going third party. Beyond that, no matter how badly the Switch may do, there is no way it will ever be as obscure as the Saturn, for starters the Switch already has a long of very strong games coming to it. Only Saturn game of note I can think of is Nights.
Im Just saying Sony might done this tactic before, I'm not sure if it was intentional to ruin more the other company by doing that, but what I read I think Microsoft is more provable to leave the console market

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would be nicer if they put a Pro bundle on sale. I need one exclusively to play Nier Automata.
So much sadness in my world not being able to play that game at launch.

I can't stand buying a shitty PS4 when the better one exists and isn't much more expensive.

Reactions: DarthDub

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The light bar is visible from the front, through the touch pad. This does not matter at all for games. It helps slightly: 1) making sure the controller is charging 2) making sure the controller is connected at the start of a play session
The way the controller communicates when connected via USB has changed, but I'm not sure how. I think now it works the way you would expect - the radio is turned off and commands are passed bidirectionally over USB, and that wasn't the case before, but I'm not exactly sure.

PS4 controller has a gyroscope and a touchpad that the Xbox One controller does not have, and a whole lot less battery life, about half, as compared to the Xbox One controller.
I would rather have the battery life as multi-platform games, which is most of them, can't use the touchpad or gyroscope because of least common denominator. PS4 exclusive games will usually use both the touchpad and gyro, but they don't make a huge difference for gameplay.

When I bought the Pro is was $400 for the Pro and $300 for the Slim + a game I don't want.
Now you could consider purchasing the Slim during this special sale because the price gap is big enough. You could get half a switch for that price difference.

Lowering price increases demand! News at 11.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OMG Sonya is desperate!!!

Nah not really, 2017 is going to be the first decent year for the ps4 regarding exclusives. Switch or not, they should be good

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The light bar is visible from the front, through the touch pad. This does not matter at all for games.

PS4 controller has a gyroscope and a touchpad that the Xbox One controller does not have, and a whole lot less battery life, about half, as compared to the Xbox One controller.

Front light bar helps a lot for certain games. In RE revelations 2, for instance, light is your health indicator and I often found myself rotating the controller to check health.

Saying that PS4 controller battery life is half Xbox would be too much generosity towards Sony. With the official Xbox One Battery pack (play and charge kit) we are talking about 20-30 hours battery life here.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lower prices is always good for the consumer, not sure how this will affect (effect?) Switch sales...

I get the feeling that Sony is actually kind of worried about the Switch if they are doing this.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
OMG Sonya is desperate!!!

Nah not really, 2017 is going to be the first decent year for the ps4 regarding exclusives. Switch or not, they should be good
Well it's 22 as far as cheatsheet.com mentions. And on that list personally only one game speaks to me and it's Persona 5. Rest is meh (I know I know, the last of us 2 but I haven't played the first one and I'm not a superfan of stealth games.)

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well it's 22 as far as cheatsheet.com mentions. And on that list personally only one game speaks to me and it's Persona 5. Rest is meh (I know I know, the last of us 2 but I haven't played the first one and I'm not a superfan of stealth games.)

I'm also excited for Ni No Kuni 2, Divide and Nier Automata, let alone titles released in January like Gravity Rush 2 and Tales of Berseria. As much as I despised my PS4 until now, 2017 is looking good.

Reactions: linuxares

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems SONY is afraid, lol!
Could this be another "Wii" hit? they are thinking....

It's time for something else, something different, it;s time for a switch!!!!!

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems SONY is afraid, lol!
Could this be another "Wii" hit? they are thinking....

It's time for something else, something different, it;s time for a switch!!!!!
They are not afraid of anything, they are doing exactly what they did with the PS2: Make sure it will not just win, but crush anything Nintendo has to offer.

Reactions: Bonestorm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system