'Sonic The Hedgehog' live-action movie CGI model leaked

L3TSqS0.png
You might recall that a Sonic The Hedgehog movie is releasing later this year and you might also recall that its promotional posters were the subject of many memes and controversies due to the "realistic" nature of the protagonist's CGI. However, no full reveal was made regarding the full form of the character, that is until now. Behold as you get your first look at what the producers of the movie envision Sonic to look like:

sanic.JPG
The image comes from advertising agency Hamagami / Carroll, Inc. 's website page for the Hollywood movie (which has since been taken down). The page notes that the character's design is “a new modern take on the brand without abandoning its core essence”. In addition to several images of movie CGI Sonic's character, the page further gave more information regarding Sonic's “brand personality” noting that he is "heroic and adventurous", "mischievous but not malicious" but also "chill and likable".

sanic 2.JPG

While these images have been taken down from the company's website and not confirmed, do note that Hamagami / Carroll, Inc. has worked with both games and movies before, so they are not totally new to the medium. But you can nevertheless take this news with a pinch of salt.

Would you be seeing Sonic the Hedgehog in theatres on November 15, 2019 when it airs? What are your thoughts about the design and "realistic" take?

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: CallmeBerto and Xzi

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
More like "we've done this shit, is gonna fall incredible in the screens reading fanbase opinions, why don't we make a 180° and make it terrifying, launch on halloween so we get some money back?"

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Obviously they won't be using an actual model of Sonic (could have saved some money in the budget doing that, honestly), which was the much better option. But since we know they won't listen to us and we're only to get something based off of that silhouette earlier...

... this isn't that bad. I was expecting a terrifying monstrosity that I wouldn't be able to show my daughter without her screaming or running away, but they did not too bad of a job with what they had.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's many things wrong with this,

• White Fur =\= White Gloves
  • TOO MUCH TEXTURE! (My Eyes Hurt)
  • Eyebrow Lines (Just Kill Me)
  • Individual Eye's (Not Sonic)
  • Real World Shoes?! (Not Sonic)
  • Toned Legs (Excuse Me WTF!)

I mean it seriously feels like they just called up a random Furry artist, and told them to design a new Sonic OC for a Live Action movie, this will flop, so great, and I can't wait to watch this disaster piece.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paramount continuing to mess with pop culture

Transformers
GI:JOE
TMNT
now Sonic

but keeping the fingers crossed for Illumination's Super Mario Movie, and Legendary does well with Sci-Fi so I'm sure Detective Pikachu should be good

bandithedoge

Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
God dammit, I hope this is a bad joke. Why the absolute fuck make it half live-action and half CGI? Just make the whole thing animated and I'm sure more people will like it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?