'Sonic The Hedgehog' live-action movie CGI model leaked

L3TSqS0.png
You might recall that a Sonic The Hedgehog movie is releasing later this year and you might also recall that its promotional posters were the subject of many memes and controversies due to the "realistic" nature of the protagonist's CGI. However, no full reveal was made regarding the full form of the character, that is until now. Behold as you get your first look at what the producers of the movie envision Sonic to look like:

sanic.JPG
The image comes from advertising agency Hamagami / Carroll, Inc. 's website page for the Hollywood movie (which has since been taken down). The page notes that the character's design is “a new modern take on the brand without abandoning its core essence”. In addition to several images of movie CGI Sonic's character, the page further gave more information regarding Sonic's “brand personality” noting that he is "heroic and adventurous", "mischievous but not malicious" but also "chill and likable".

sanic 2.JPG

While these images have been taken down from the company's website and not confirmed, do note that Hamagami / Carroll, Inc. has worked with both games and movies before, so they are not totally new to the medium. But you can nevertheless take this news with a pinch of salt.

Would you be seeing Sonic the Hedgehog in theatres on November 15, 2019 when it airs? What are your thoughts about the design and "realistic" take?

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: CallmeBerto and Xzi

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why did change his appearence? Couldn't they just pick a regular Sonic model and just add a bit of fur to make it more realistic

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why did change his appearence? Couldn't they just pick a regular Sonic model and just add a bit of fur to make it more realistic
With the "realistic" body proportions perhaps it was to save on animating a regular model as they can more easily superimpose the new model on a mocap actor?

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega really does what Nintendon't. Say what you like, but at no point was anyone (but Bowser) ever suggesting any incarnation of Mario should be "kill it with fire" (well maybe Kotaku with the Weird Mushroom).

I'm sure by the time it'll release you'll wanna watch it:lol:

People watch reality TV because it's a dumpster fire. I have no doubt plenty of people watch most video game movies for the same reason.

D

Deleted User

Sega really does what Nintendon't. Say what you like, but at no point was anyone (but Bowser) ever suggesting any incarnation of Mario should be "kill it with fire" (well maybe Kotaku with the Weird Mushroom)..

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This film is going to be a big bag of floppy donky dicks.

When dickheads that direct shit films but pricks keep paying to see, then try gain hype to make a game into a movie and this is the shit they come up with.

Can someone kindly find the art director and give him a fucking slap, if your going to make a sonic movie fuck off with trying to make it look human and keep it simple. Make fucking sonic.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The years have not been kind to Sonic at all
I'm pretty sure some kind of incident at a chemical plant has contributed to this too. Perhaps something with acid and a new highly experimental chemical substance...

I wish it was like that:
View attachment 159866
It really surprises me that the real Sonic dosn't seems to have Nike shoes. It seems such a "un-Sega" thing not to slap a ad on the shoes, after all they're the very same company that e.g. had a Monkey Ball game as one of only two release games for the the GameCube and yet they needed to use bananas with ads on them.

Last edited by VitaType,
Reactions: Hells Malice

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
In all seriousness, this doesn't look too bad. I kinda like it.
Also it's a redesign, so it doesn't have to be 100% loyal to the Modern Sonic design, like how the rest of the world and their mother expect him to look like....

Reactions: Jonna

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hammer the threads