Sonic Generations Chemical Plant/City Escape footage

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaouad said:
Could you explain to me what looks so much better than the originals about it apart from it's beautiful presenation in quality visuals and music? Thank you sincerely.
This sentence made me laugh because that's it, and that's all in needs because it's Sonic.

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
machomuu said:
jaouad said:
Could you explain to me what looks so much better than the originals about it apart from it's beautiful presenation in quality visuals and music? Thank you sincerely.
This sentence made me laugh because that's it, and that's all in needs because it's Sonic.
It's worse and you know it. Watch a chemical plant run and see how rolling was promoted in chemical plant zone more than any other stages.

Rolling slows you down and needs speed boosters once again. Not only that, but he actually uncurls LMFAO

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaouad said:
machomuu said:
jaouad said:
It's worse and you know it. Watch a chemical plant run and see how rolling was promoted in chemical plant zone more than any other stages.

Rolling slows you down and needs speed boosters once again. Not only that, but he actually uncurls LMFAO
I don't think it's worse. I love remakes and fan-based games, this is both of those, complete fanservice, I really think you're looking for things to hate, and that's coming from one who looks at everything critically.

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
jaouad said:
QUOTE said:
Ah, a perfect specimen of the types of people that make up Sonic's most audacious fanbase.
happy.gif

The controls were clunky in the demo. I don't see a difference.

Modern gameplay looks practically the same like unleashed apart from different aestethics and level design. Wheres the variation compared to unleashed?

Also I am not a fan. Just like a view good sonic games. You are probably the fan here.
I never specifically said you were a fan
unsure.gif
, just that what you said sounds like the most audacious of them
happy.gif

You know, like the ones that complain about controls not being to their liking, or about things based on trailers or how they think a game lacks originality when said game is meant to be a giant nostalgia trip.
unsure.gif

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You gotta realise that sonic became famous because of the controls. I was a nintendo fanboy all my life but damn the genesis offered some games that were very groundbreaking from technical levels. These so called ball physics were what made the classics so great and I recognize that every time I play the games. Theres a sense of freedom to how you want to go through levels.

We are 20 years ahead since then now. Technoligy has advanced and programming doesn't require code knowledge alone since theres tools like the havok engine today as well. SEGA is a great company with great developers division. Look at the super monkey ball series made by amusement vision, that game had ball physics that even worked in 3d environments. Now does that look so hard? Sonicteam is a joke among sega developers. All they are good at is making average games or playing it safe when stuff is "good enough".

Sonic generations shows this in so many levels.

Look at nintendo however. Everytime they make a sequal or a throwback they do it with care and effort. Kirby has always played and felt the same ever since the first game. New super mario bros is debatable. Some don't like it, some think the controls are advanced. Donkey kong country returns is probably the best example. The original wasn't even made by nintendo inhouse developers, but by rare. Retro studios had to figure out the controls from the ground up, and look at the results.

I don't settle for "average" games in general but I do really love the classic sonci games. I love what SEGA did in their early days and got attracted by SEGA pretty quick when finding that out. What SEGA needs to do is take responsability and reorganize the most important team representing one of the most iconic characters in history.

Just imagine how much better sonic generations would have been if it actually felt at least close like the classic games. It just seems like a waste when they came so far in a lot of ways.

D

Deleted User

jaouad said:
You gotta realise that sonic became famous because of the controls. I was a nintendo fanboy all my life but damn the genesis offered some games that were very groundbreaking from technical levels. These so called ball physics were what made the classics so great and I recognize that every time I play the games. Theres a sense of freedom to how you want to go through levels.

We are 20 years ahead since then now. Technoligy has advanced and programming doesn't require code knowledge alone since theres tools like the havok engine today as well. SEGA is a great company with great developers division. Look at the super monkey ball series made by amusement vision, that game had ball physics that even worked in 3d environments. Now does that look so hard? Sonicteam is a joke among sega developers. All they are good at is making average games or playing it safe when stuff is "good enough".

Look at nintendo however. Everytime they make a sequal or a throwback they do it with care and effort. Kirby has always played and felt the same ever since the first game. New super mario bros is debatable. Some don't like it, some think the controls are advanced. Donkey kong country returns is probably the best example. The original wasn't even made by nintendo inhouse developers, but by rare. Retro studios had to figure out the controls from the ground up, and look at the results.

I don't settle for "average" games in general but I do really love the classic sonci games. I love what SEGA did in their early days and got attracted by SEGA pretty quick when finding that out. What SEGA needs to do is take responsability and reorganize the most important team representing one of the most iconic characters in history.

Just imagine how much better sonic generations would have been if it actually felt at least close like the classic games. It just seems like a waste when they came so far in a lot of ways.
I love when people judge games that aren't out.

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
brandonspikes said:
jaouad said:

We got unleashed 3 years ago

And a demo that shows classic gameplay.

Now whats your point?

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
jaouad said:
This is really wrong.
If the gameplay (controls, abilities, physics, level design, challenge, risk and reward, ect) is bad then good graphics and music are meaningless.
Sonic is as subject to this as any other game (and boy is he ever)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F. Lobot said:
machomuu said:
jaouad said:
This is really wrong.
If the gameplay (controls, abilities, physics, level design, challenge, risk and reward, ect) is bad then good graphics and music are meaningless.
Sonic is as subject to this as any other game (and boy is he ever)
Not in this case.

D

Deleted User

jaouad said:
brandonspikes said:
jaouad said:

We got unleashed 3 years ago

And a demo that shows classic gameplay.

Now whats your point?

The demo was an alpha build, it changed so much when shown at E3, and modern is based on colors, not unleashed.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why most people complain about the vocals for Escape From the City. Why are people criticizing vocals that were made quite a while back?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I agree; why do people complain about the vocals in the songs?

I loved that in the Sonic Adventure games -- it totally made the final boss battle with Perfect Chaos totally awesome. Made the final battle with Metal Sonic in Sonic Heroes totally awesome. And made the final boss battle in Sonic Adventure 2 against FinalHazard totally awesome.

Plus the tunes were catchy.

"Rollin' around at the speed of sound, got places to go gotta follow my rainbow!" La la la
smile.gif

I actually know all the words to every song from Sonic Adventure 2. Haha!

But anyways, about the gameplay; I really wish they would change the Modern Sonic jumping back to Sonic Adventure 2 style; I don't like the Sonic Colors type jumping, it just isn't Sonic.

The classic chubby Sonic gameplay is awesome though, can't wait to play this game!

Did Sega abandon Sonic 4 though?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaouad said:
Then you are a very shallow gamer, which is weird looking at your avatar
You shouldn't judging me simply based on this, I would never say all a sequel needs is visuals and new music. Well, in most cases, though cases like this are rare.

D

Deleted User

Ikki said:
jaouad said:
Then you are a very shallow gamer, which is weird looking at your avatar
Music and backgrounds are like 70% of the Sonic franchise.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYxlqTpZ-24[/youtube]

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
brandonspikes said:
The demo was an alpha build, it changed so much when shown at E3, and modern is based on colors, not unleashed.
I think that's way too much wishful thinking lol. I guess some just still haven't learned from sonicteam's past mistakes.

The game will defenitly be more polished and less buggy in the final build. I am sure about that. But the flaws I pointed out will not be tweaked. That's just how sonicteam rolls. Look at sonic 4 episode 1's so called alpha build (I got that version) and it plays the same apart from some animations and 2 acts being replaced.

Looking at the chemical plant footage. Theres not alot changed since the demo.

Say that you think it looks good and you don't care about the things i'm pointing out. I guess i'm more critisizing than the average gamer. But all this will be taken account to how a game "feels". Reviewers aren't always able to point their finger to what feels off, but they'll still feel it.

It's not like nobody knows the classics. No doubt reviewers will draw comparisons more in this game than any other. Unless they aren't good at their jobs and shallowly conclude their opinions on the HD presentation alone, this will be another failed comeback.

I love sonic colors more than any other person. But I considered it more as something made in the mean time towards somethign way better. But meh.

@Music and visual being 70% of the franchise.

I agree they play a great part but 70% is kind of egagurating. 50visualmusic/50gameplay for me. I guess it's the newer gameplay style that made you guys think that. It's sad because the corefans have been dissapearing and these new casual fans are taking over the majority opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-