Sonic Generations Chemical Plant/City Escape footage

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charli said:
so, I've never actually played any sonic games... ^^' I'm thinking about giving one of the DS or Advance games a go to fix that apparent lack of video game history knowledge. Which one should I go for?
In order of decreasing quality:
Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Perfection. Perfection that could easily be surpassed if SEGA had talent.
Sonic CD - The time travel adds so much to this game, don't write it off.
Sonic 1 - Buyer beware the Gameboy version sucks!
Sonic 2 - The worst of the original tetrology, but that's nothing to be ashamed of.
Sonic Advance - Should have been called Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Sonic Pocket Adventure - Return to the Genesis in this faithful 8-bit remix, believe it or not, it really is a new game.
Sonic Rush - Takes the gameplay in an all new direction, and it's pretty badass.
Sonic Colors DS - Sonic Rush with powerups, Wii version is better though.
Sonic Rush Adventure - Unfortunately bogged down by the storyline and overworld with rpg elements, the meat of the gameplay is still good.
Sonic Triple Trouble - The first Sonic game for 3DS virtual console. Probably the best game on the Game Gear.
Sonic Advance 3 - The character combos mix up the gameplay, but the levels are unmemorable.
Sonic's Classic Collection DS - Contains Sonic 1, 2 and 3K. It gets the job done if you have no other options, but poor presentation, compression, and slowdown mar otherwise timeless content.
Sonic Advance 2 - Probably the most linear Sonic game ever released. There is the novelty of a Metroid styled speed boost that was never used again.
Sonic Pinball Party - It's pinball
Sonic Generations 3DS - Sega even came out and admitted that this "sucks". Poor framerate, shallow gameplay, wonky controls, boring graphics, midi music, sometimes just fanservice isn't enough.
rp
Sonic Chronicles - Not even Bioware could save this catastrophe
Sonic Battle - Dirty Garbage

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
City escape vocals
wub.gif

Instabuy for nostalgia
wub.gif

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
F. Lobot said:
Charli said:
so, I've never actually played any sonic games... ^^' I'm thinking about giving one of the DS or Advance games a go to fix that apparent lack of video game history knowledge. Which one should I go for?
Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Perfection. Perfection that could easily be surpassed if SEGA had talent.
Sonic 2 - The worst of the original tetrology, but that's nothing to be ashamed of.
Sonic Pocket Adventure - Return to the Genesis in this faithful 8-bit remix, believe it or not, it really is a new game.
Sonic Rush - Takes the gameplay in an all new direction, and it's pretty badass.
Sonic Rush Adventure - Unfortunately bogged down by the storyline and overworld with rpg elements, the meat of the gameplay is still good.
Sonic Triple Trouble - The first Sonic game for 3DS virtual console. Probably the best game on the Game Gear.
Sonic Advance 3 - The character combos mix up the gameplay, but the levels are unmemorable.
Sonic's Classic Collection DS - Contains Sonic 1, 2 and 3K. It gets the job done if you have no other options, but poor presentation, compression, and slowdown mar otherwise timeless content.
Sonic Advance 2 - Probably the most linear Sonic game ever released. There is the novelty of a Metroid styled speed boost that was never used again.
Sonic Generations 3DS - Sega even came out and admitted that this "sucks". Poor framerate, shallow gameplay, wonky controls, boring graphics, midi music, sometimes just fanservice isn't enough.
rp
Wow, thanks for this comprehensive List!

guess I'll try out Sonic 3 and the Advance version first then. Does Sonic 3 & Knuckles run better on the DS with an emulator (like jenesisDS) or should I play the Sonic Classics Collection? (I read it had some issues? But I guess it would have even more issues running on an emulator then... ^^')

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F. Lobot said:
Charli said:
rp
I loved Sonic 2, it's my favorite one.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:
No matter what Sonic may bring no one can stop griping. If they made Sonic 4 pt 2 and it played EXACTLY like Sonic 3, p\people would complain. I would bet any amount of money on that.
no!!!... if they made Sonic 4 pt2 with Sonic 3 gameplay nobody would complain!!
Sonic 3 = best sonic game ever.

Sonic 3 mechanics + update graphics maintaining the Sonic 3 art style + MJ music (lol) + NO 3D, no new characters, no voice acting = WIN!!!!

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
*sigh*
I guess I'm getting a current gen home console soon enough, then.

Dat Chemical Plant Zone remix for modern Sonic
wub.gif

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charli said:
guess I'll try out Sonic 3 and the Advance version first then. Does Sonic 3 & Knuckles run better on the DS with an emulator (like jenesisDS) or should I play the Sonic Classics Collection? (I read it had some issues? But I guess it would have even more issues running on an emulator then... ^^')
The Classic Collection is an emulator with some edited roms packed in, and it runs better than JenesisDS (which doesn't even work with Sonic 3k) However Genesis emulation on the DS will always run into hardware limitations such as the screen resolution. I would recommend any other emulator, Genesis collection, or virtual console/arcade/PSN release.

QUOTE(Ikki @ Aug 7 2011, 04:00 PM) *sigh*
I guess I'm getting a current gen home console soon enough, then.
It's coming to PC/Steam.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F. Lobot said:
Hold on, do you really believe the game is that bad?

F. Lobot said:
Source?

QUOTE(F. Lobot @ Aug 7 2011, 11:59 AM)
Have not played...

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brandonspikes said:
ShadowSoldier said:
KingVamp said:
Seriously? They are (that) bad? Could put it on mute.
tongue.gif

Players shouldn't have to if Sega made good music that didn't have fucking singing in it.
Are you serious? Sonic games have some of the best retro music in all of video games.

Nothings wrong with the lyrics, people are just insecure about light hearted music.

Maybe you would prefer if it was some dubstep?

Oh nononono, I love the retro music, some cases, I can live with the whole electric guitars, drums and real band thing, it's just the singing. Why? As far as I know, it's the only platforming game that has singing in it. It feels out of place.

D

Deleted User

ShadowSoldier said:
brandonspikes said:
ShadowSoldier said:
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

Players shouldn't have to if Sega made good music that didn't have fucking singing in it.
Are you serious? Sonic games have some of the best retro music in all of video games.

Nothings wrong with the lyrics, people are just insecure about light hearted music.

Oh nononono, I love the retro music, some cases, I can live with the whole electric guitars, drums and real band thing, it's just the singing. Why? As far as I know, it's the only platforming game that has singing in it. It feels out of place.
Mostly all sonic's 3d adventures have lyrics in it. It just fits with it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
ShadowSoldier said:
brandonspikes said:
ShadowSoldier said:
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

Mostly all sonic's 3d adventures have lyrics in it. It just fits with it.
Yeah, is't from the 3D games which often have singing.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F. Lobot said:
KingVamp said:
F. Lobot said:
Hold on, do you really believe the game is that bad?

Yes, it's very basic rpg with uninteresting characters, a dumb story, and just beats Sonic 4 for the worst music in the series.

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Aug 7 2011, 05:52 PM)
Source?
http://www.tssznews.com/2011/06/13/report-...ions-3ds-sucks/

The game's not finished yet, is it?Still time to fix the things that make it "suck".

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:
The game's not finished yet, is it?Still time to fix the things that make it "suck".

I'm not REALLY defending the 3DS version here but the full quote is a little more than that:

QUOTEIn its defense I did speak with the lead QA representative for the Sonic Generations team who assured me that they know the 3DS version “sucks,” and are planning to correct these specific issues before the game’s release later this year.

Sonic games have always been fun to me but nothing I'd want to buy. I'd be satisfied with just pirating this game if I could (but I can't).

D

Deleted User

4 months seems like more than enough time to fix the physics, anyways, I'm most likely going to just get it on Xbox, or PC, I don't want the bogged down version.

UNLESS the stages on the 3ds versions have my favorite sonic 3 levels, I wont care... Angel island? Please? Doomsday zone?

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
unsure.gif
So the 3DS version is currently bad huh?
Actually, sounds like he's just bitching about the game not being exactly has he wants rather than problems itself (sans maybe the graphics)...
unsure.gif
I remember sonic 4 getting quite fast once you knew how... I liked sonic 4 though, so I might be a poor choice in questioning this guy...

jaouad said:
Seems like they fucked up again
Ah, a perfect specimen of the types of people that make up Sonic's most audacious fanbase.
happy.gif

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Ah, a perfect specimen of the types of people that make up Sonic's most audacious fanbase.
happy.gif

The controls were clunky in the demo. I don't see a difference.

Modern gameplay looks practically the same like unleashed apart from different aestethics and level design. Wheres the variation compared to unleashed?

Could you explain to me what looks so much better than the originals about it apart from it's beautiful presenation in quality visuals and music? Thank you sincerely.

Also I am not a fan. Just like a view good sonic games. You are probably the fan here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later