Gaming Sonic Boom Gameplay

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm going to list a game which did a good job pulling it off having different games in one though it's sports, that is, Kinect Sports for Xbox 360. I played it and was pretty addictive as it functioned quite well (give that I had enough space to move around).

I'm not familiar with it. Is it like Wii sports? A selection of games you can choose to play? If so, that doesn't really count - you don't *have* to play the Baseball game, for example, before you can progress to the next round of bowling/tennis/boxing/whatever. Where as if you stick a fighting level after every 3 platform levels which you must complete to progress through the game then it can become quite an annoyance. This is why I don't really like bosses in platform games; they kind of feel out of place.

Special Stages, or optional subgames are a different story - so long as they can be skipped, and they don't lock out anything major from the main game, then they are the perfect place to go off-genre

But overall, I'll agree with you.

Awesome :)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What's your problem with SLW? Didn't you ever took the time to learn how the controls of the game worked?

So it's my fault I didn't like a game that I expected to be like the previous 15 Sonic games? So it's wrong that I expect a company that has almost made a household name out of its game franchise to make something I'm accustomed to playing since the very first Sonic the Hedgehog? And while I appreciate efforts to make a new game with new mechanics, it doesn't mean I have to like it. If a game makes me learn how to play it before I can enjoy it, then it better reward me big time for my efforts. That's why I like Monster Hunter and hate (yes, the strong four letter word, hate) Lost World.

Just sayin'

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
so...

That's what a "speed level" looks like in Sonic Boom. I think I just puked in my mouth.

The graphics actually look pretty good and so does the gameplay, though it seemed too rail-y and too much repetitive talk. Hopefully it's just for that sample.

when they worked the lock-on attack was buggy as shit

Never found that to be an issue, as I always stood precisely where needed and then the lock-on would work as intended.

If a game makes me learn how to play it before I can enjoy it, then it better reward me big time for my efforts.

And it does by making the game a whole lot better and more enjoyable, because without learning the controls you're never playing it to its full potential as it was planned (wallrun, parkour, explore, jump and run around).

Just watch the Great Clement's review if you want to know more about it.

There's four things which are wrong about it, and this is coming from someone who played SLW as intended.

1. Story mode is too short
2. Game does a shit job of telling how the game works but you eventually learn it yourself
3. No Gallery Mode to listen to BGMs or rewatch cutscenes
4. GamePad shouldn't be required for 1 Player (not all levels need the use of the GamePad)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
And it does by making the game a whole lot better and more enjoyable, because without learning the controls you're never playing it to its full potential as it was planned (wallrun, parkour, explore, jump and run around).
Oh, I've done all that. I've watched plenty of videos. I bought Lost World on sale for 20 euros and still thought I made the right decision selling it to GameStop for 15 euros.

I just don't like the game with its headache-inducing 3D design. I'm not talking in general, just about my personal experience. The game is confusing to me. I've never felt like I needed to rub my eyes to make sure what I'm seeing in a game is what it's really like. Lost World to me was constant frustration. I never enjoyed it. I played through the first world and hated every second of it. I decided not to torture myself any longer and sold it. So, I honestly gave it a shot. And the DLC nightmare level was utter crap. I don't like the story either. The "deadly six" seem really out of place and random. I didn't like how the game had the wisps without giving them a purpose to exist like in Colors. The controls are the last thing on my list of things I didn't like about the game. I honestly thought parkour and Sonic would go hand in hand together. In this game, to me personally in my very own opinion from my individual perspective, it didn't fit.

I want to reiterate: to me personally in my very own opinion from my individual perspective, Lost World feels broken.

There, I said it. Now shoot me.

Reactions: SpaceJump

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
never found that to be an issue, as I always stood precisely where needed and then the lock-on would work as intended.
well you got damn lucky at times it would lock on than as you were about to attack it would cancel and you ended up taking damage. many times it would lock on than lock off repeatedly even if you just stood there.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Okay so everyone let's just confess: Sonic Boom for the Wii U is going to be shit BUT the 3DS looks somewhat promising (regardless of the pixelated graphics).

Sega should have spent their time developing Sonic Generations 2 for the Wii U rather than this abomination of a game!​

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try out Sonic Boom. The redesign puts me off, but as long as it's fast paced, tight controls, and good level design, I'll probably enjoy it. I enjoyed Colors and loved Generations. Sonic Lost Worlds was ok, nothing special after Colors and Generations, but still far better than the crap before Colors. It just seems like kind of a shame to me, they got it right with Generation then decided to scrap that formula.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You obviously are not too familiar with what makes a sonic game.
I have Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations. The Adventures series I wouldn't consider tight or that fast paced (due to the floaty controls), but other than that I think the Sonic games I've enjoyed fit that.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
SomecallmeJohnny says this felt like Werehog 2.0 but he's still unsure what it really is..

Full video:

I get the vibe that this game's trying to mix Sonic Heroes and Sonic Unleashed's Werehog into one but I've got no clue how that's going to turn out like. Release a demo god dammit!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...