51zPGWWbEEL.jpg

513EKEEr4oL.jpg

41oycpTmPpL.jpg

51xHgfTFqlL.jpg

41CKM2QYCdL.jpg

41WuDFbEgPL.jpg

417xDwyL0pL.jpg

41tOIG8-SqL.jpg

This looks awful for a 3DS game, I wouldn't complain if this was for the DS though.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Awful or not, the 3DS version looks like the better version to get, gameplay and content wise. This sucks, because I've been looking forward to a proper Sonic game for a home console. 3DS had the better version of Lost World as well (the whole parkour thing kinda worked, while the Wii U version felt broken). 3DS even had Generations with exclusive levels!

If you love Sonic, you have to own a 3DS. It seems Sega doesn't care about home console owners anymore.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Awful or not, the 3DS version looks like the better version to get, gameplay and content wise. This sucks, because I've been looking forward to a proper Sonic game for a home console. 3DS had the better version of Lost World as well (the whole parkour thing kinda worked, while the Wii U version felt broken). 3DS even had Generations with exclusive levels!

If you love Sonic, you have to own a 3DS. It seems Sega doesn't care about home console owners anymore.

It took me a while to get used to the parkour on SLW but broken? No, it just takes time and now how to do it properly.

The game doesn't explain that while you're wallrunning when you're starting to have the speed decreased you need to dash your away to get back up again. It's a fun game but too small, I wish it was as big as Rayman Legends (plenty of stages to play).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It took me a while to get used to the parkour on SLW but broken? No, it just takes time and now how to do it properly.

The game doesn't explain that while you're wallrunning when you're starting to have the speed decreased you need to dash your away to get back up again. It's a fun game but too small, I wish it was as big as Rayman Legends (plenty of stages to play).
Have you played the 3DS version? It's like a completely different (and IMO much better) game

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's a good alternative to the definitive version but those damn long tedious stages and requiring to move the 3DS around (gyro sensor is the name I think) just isn't for me.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what im saying here about the game is not me finding excuses to hate the game
I doubt it.

1) you bashed the graphics (always a bad sign)
2) you listed too many reasons, it's as if you tried to find everything wrong with the game as possible

a truther would have listed as few reasons as possible, ideally just the deal breakers

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sonic is not a fighting, hack n slash game it is about speed and platforming. the wiiu game is neglecting that! fucking hell even the 3ds gameplay looks over 9000 times better that's the version i'm getting not touching the wiiu version with a 50 foot clown pole.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
sonic is not a fighting, hack n slash game it is about speed and platforming. the wiiu game is neglecting that! fucking hell even the 3ds gameplay looks over 9000 times better that's the version i'm getting not touching the wiiu version with a 50 foot clown pole.

screenlg5.jpg

ebgfdly.jpg

Sonic-Super-Smash-Bros-WiiU.jpg

Now, I'm not saying that Sonic is traditionally a game of the fighting genre, of course no but it's had its times every now and then. If they could just mix all into one then everyone would be happy.

I prefer platforming games to any other genre out there (doesn't imply I don't enjoy brawlers, racing, shooters, etc) so I dunno whether I'm going to like Sonic:BRoL or not.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Sega is free to explore Sonic in whatever way they want, which is why we got Sonic & The Black Knight... *goosebumps*

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
^and sonic boom will end up the same as that....in the bargain bin

Yeah. Was excited to see a new developer, in this case not a Japanese one, work on a Sonic game. I thought it's Sonic Team's fault their games haven't been up to par lately. But it's more that Sega just doesn't care about Sonic. I imagine if Sonic games were made with the level of care as Mario games, Sega could be putting out new Sonic games every year and people would love them, just like with Mario games. Sadly that's not the case, whenever we do get to buy a new Sonic game, it's either crap, or really bad crap.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
^and sonic boom will end up the same as that....in the bargain bin

If the game sells badly it might not have too many prints so while it may be available for a low price it might become one of those unexpected rarities that no one thought of. I hope it doesn't, it's not worthy of being considered as such.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If the game sells badly it might not have too many prints so while it may be available for a low price it might become one of those unexpected rarities that no one thought of. I hope it doesn't, it's not worthy of being considered as such.

Almost willing to make a bet, don't dare me... :D

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS one actually looks... good B-) haha!

Handheld devices sure have got the best of sonic! Both Rush games on DS were great, Generations and lost world were really fun too. Reminds me of the good old times of playing Sonic on my gamegear!

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Now, I'm not saying that Sonic is traditionally a game of the fighting genre, of course no but it's had its times every now and then. If they could just mix all into one then everyone would be happy.

I've never understood that argument... surely if they mixed it all into one then less people would be happy; as you only have the chance to appeal to people who are fans of all the genres in the mix?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've never understood that argument... surely if they mixed it all into one then less people would be happy; as you only have the chance to appeal to people who are fans of all the genres in the mix?

Nintendo has perfected their Mario games but do they mix them? No, simply because it sells really well but if they did mix up things it would be for the better considering there'd be more variety.

Mario 2D Platform + Mario 3D Platform + Mario Kart + Mario Party + Dr. Mario + Mario Paint = Super Mario Universe

Now, when Sega did it with their Sonic Unleashed they fucked up because it ruined how the game worked and they made it an alternate character than Sonic himself.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Nintendo has perfected their Mario games but do they mix them? No, simply because it sells really well but if they did mix up things it would be for the better considering there'd be more variety.

Variety is good? Stick every ingredient you can think of in the same cake and it's bound to taste great, right?

Variety, when it comes to game styles, is often a bad thing... I don't want to buy a platformer just to find out that half way through it I have to do a level of fighting, or flight sim, or enter rpg mode half way through, before being able to continue with the rest of the game. Spin-offs are all well and good, but you have to be extremely careful when deviating in-game from a main formula

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Variety is good? Stick every ingredient you can think of in the same cake and it's bound to taste great, right?

If the cake is specifically cooked to taste differently then it will indeed have a great taste all-around.

I'm going to list a game which did a good job pulling it off having different games in one though it's sports, that is, Kinect Sports for Xbox 360. I played it and was pretty addictive as it functioned quite well (give that I had enough space to move around).

But overall, I'll agree with you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM