Hacking Something I noticed - Temp Cheat DB

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
.::Important Notice::.
Click here to read if you use a R4DS or its clones.
There is a problem with some flashcards such as the R4DS and all of its clones (M3 Simply, N5DS, ect) which limits the number of cheats that are displayed for games. This means that cheats for games that appear at the end of the cheat file are not displayed, this includes games for The World Ends With You, Yu-Gi-Oh, Trauma Center and others.

You have four options, the first is to get a new flashcard, the second is to delete the games from the cheat file you don't plan to use, the third option is to move the games to the top of the list and the fourth option is to use an alternate firmware/loader for your flashcard such as YSMenu, AKAIO and so on.

Before posting about games not having cheats in the forums, please check the GameList.txt file to see if the game really does have cheats.

Basically, the bold writing is what I noticed to be interesting and such.

We all know that the closest thing to AKAIO for the R4DS is Wood R4, correct? But why does it state to use an alternate firmware/loader such as AKAIO?

Last time I checked - AKAIO was only for AceKard?

Don't flame me for this, I just thought it was interesting to point it out considering it is a part of the GBAtemp website and such.

Anyone know an answer to this, or is it probably just something default etc?

By the way - I'm not suggesting AKAIO is for the R4 so get that straight, I'm happy with my Wood R4 firmware I just thought to point this out
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Because there's an R4i that's a clone of the AK2i and it could run one of the older versions of AKAIO. Code was put in v1.4 or 1.5 (can't remember offhand) to stop it running on anything except official hardware.

Beats

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Because there's an R4i that's a clone of the AK2i and it could run one of the older versions of AKAIO. Code was put in v1.4 or 1.5 (can't remember offhand) to stop it running on anything except official hardware.

Pretty sure it was v1.5.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
hmmmm.......its something actually written by narin and point noted
i will pass your message to him...
is up to him to change/rephrase the information there
it a little rude if i just change it
smile.gif

however, i will see what i can do with the important notice on temp DB without changing any info on the main DB
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw