Some last rumors of Project Cafe (Wii 2) before E3

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking on Gonintendo's Frontpage we get the motherload of rumors this time around
QUOTE said:
The System:

Uses a custom IBM triple-core CPU running at 3.6GHz per core
The development kit contains 1gb RAM, but Nintendo have hinted that the console will actually have 1.5gb
Nintendo will be releasing games that will run 1080p natively. Sources say that with Nintendo’s art style and the power the system has, the games look ‘stunning’.
The system does run on AMD R700 card, but the architecture is slightly different and the clock speeds are much higher.
The System resembles JPN/EU SNES machines in color only and not in shape
The development kit is about the size of a 360, not the console
Close sources say it’s as if Nintendo is in “damage control” with 3rd party developers.
Nintendo is trying really hard to get 3rd parties on board to develop games and have offered incentives such as not releasing big-title Nintendo games in holiday seasons to compete against 3rd party titles.
Nintendo went to many 3rd party developers on guidance on what they were after with the new console in terms of system specs, controller and online system.

The Controller:

Nintendo have been keeping this really quiet and have only given developers controller prototypes to start designing games. However, the final controller build with all the features have only been given to Nintendo 1st and 2nd party developers for now.
Nintendo had planned on inserting a screen on the controller back when the Gamecube was in development, but opted out due to technology not being advanced enough to be functional
The controller that’s been given to developers has a large 5.7inch hd (960x640pixel) screen, 2 analogue sticks, 4 face buttons, 3 middle buttons (select/home/start in that order), 2 shoulder buttons and 2 triggers.
The triggers aren’t as deep as the 360’s triggers, but have plenty of push
The big thing about the screen is that it’s a multi-touch screen, contains it’s own battery and is detachable from the controller unit
The screen when detached contains its own memory so developers can store data on it, so gamers can play whatever the developer designs for the screen-only use
When the screen is attached to the controller it works by streaming content directly from the console
Nintendo are giving developers ideas other than just having it function as a quick menu screen for games while attached, or as a simple tamagochi-like mini-game when detached
The controller contains a gyroscope, but motion controls isn’t the focus of the controller like it was for the Wii

page 2
Games:

Nintendo will release a Mario platformer as a launch title which hasn’t been done since the N64.
The Mario platformer looks to be the spiritual successor to Mario 64.
Gamefreak and EAD are hard at work developing a Pokemon online RPG.
The Pokemon RPG is not an MMO, but does have a large online emphasis and will be Nintendo’s flagship title when showing off the online capabilities of the console.
There will be at least one new IP Nintendo will reveal at E3.
Nintendo is working on a new Zelda, but didn’t reveal anything to developers.

proj-cafe1Other:

Some developers have had the Wii 2 dev kit for going on 2 years now. When the Wii 2 is released in late, that’s 3 years to develop games on.
Because of such generous development time, Nintendo have pushed 3rd parties to develop high quality games to be released at or near launch.
Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality.
Nintendo is pushing for the console to be online 24/7 and have seamless online integration with many of their games
Friend codes are confirmed to be gone
Nintendo has been toying with the idea of a game where the main character is your Mii
Nintendo will be pushing their Pokemon RPG to showcase their online network
Rockstar are supposedly hard at work in bringing on of their “most popular” titles to the console.

proj-cafe1.jpg

link: http://www.qj.net/wii/news/massive-project...ils-leaked.html

My opinion this a what someone wants Project Cafe (Wii 2) to have built in seems way to powerful to have a triple core @ 3.6 GHz, if thats true they better have a good coolant system cuz that thing is going to get hot, I do like the photo of what the Wii 2 will look like, looks sexy

pokemon online seems reasonable to definitely show off online we shall see in a couple of days though at what Nintendo is going to show off speculate away

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

Also "Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality."

I find it hard to believe that they can come out right away with a network better then Xbox Live.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
fuck me their going all out this time with both power and features hope they don't make the same mistake they they did with the cube that was built on power and look how it turned out.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Da Mafia said:

Also "Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality."

I find it hard to believe that they can come out right away with a network better then Xbox Live.

Why not, they need to and it's wise if they have.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OP: You are assuming the IBM PowerPC Xenon processor is based exactly like the one in the 360 just with 400Mhz faster clock speed, yet seeing as how the 45nm model has been out for around a year now has less cooling problems then it's original 90nm brother, as well as the 65nm one, I'd say it's a safe bet that Nintendo is getting IBM to bring it down to a 30nm processor if they can, if not 45nm would not be a very hot processor compared to the original.

Two years time to develop games is a lot though, if that is true then we should expect to see some great games at release time that have had good teams working on them. Also, I am concerned about a storage medium. Ideally I would prefer it to use a slim hard drive like the PS3 does and it should be able to use whatever hard drive we buy, something I really dislike about the 360 is the limited options.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Shit man so many rumors, I'd love to see the Pokemon RPG become a reality and the idea of a Mii as main character, only if it has VA
wink.gif

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
heartgold said:
Da Mafia said:

Well when you think Xbox Live has been going for nearly 10 years I just think it would be hard to make something as good or better in such a short space of time, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
Nintendo is pushing for the console to be online 24/7
Even if you don't want it to be, like the 3DS? Fuck Nintendo. After all the crap they put in the 3DS EULA, I wouldn't take one for free (well, I would, but I would just sell it). If the next console is going to be even worse, Nintendo is dead to me. No amount of Zelda and Mario games can overcome their evil.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Da Mafia said:
heartgold said:
Da Mafia said:

Well when you think Xbox Live has been going for nearly 10 years I just think it would be hard to make something as good or better in such a short space of time, but I would love to be proved wrong.

The original Live system was lousy. I think it doesn't take a genius to realize that there are ways of making online systems more user friendly, one of the things I have never enjoyed about any of the online networks is how annoying it is to play online. I like how PC games you literally press a couple of buttons and can instantly be in a game. I want that on my consoles as well.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Destructobot said:
squirrelman10 said:
Even if you don't want it to be, like the 3DS? Fuck Nintendo. After all the crap they put in the 3DS EULA, I wouldn't take one for free (well, I would, but I would just sell it). If the next console is going to be even worse, Nintendo is dead to me. No amount of Zelda and Mario games can overcome their evil.

The Wii is technically connected to the internet 24 hours a day unless you have it unplugged or disable the online.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Destructobot said:
squirrelman10 said:
i take it you don't have a 24/7 internet?
tongue.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a pic of the PS3 from when rumors about it were still floating around. Guess what? It's the same has the black wii2/project cafe, only it's white and has a Blue PS3 logo slapped on it. This is proof the Wii 2 pics are completely fake garbage.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People that keep saying it sounds too good to be true, think about it critically.

Nintendo is going to release a system thats at least as powerful if not more so than the PS3, they have to, the whole point of this console is to be able to compete with the other systems and be able host as impressive of 3rd party libraries. Having said that, Nintendo also must know that while they'll be fresh and new, Micrsosoft and Sony can't be much than 2 years behind with their own next consoles, meaning that Nintendo should want to be at least a little more powerful than the PS3 and 360 so it will be able to continue to compete with the competition and continue to have as strong of a 3rd party library.

In fact, reading this report as opposed to most of the latest specs. I find this the most believable. I'm just interested in what this theoretical console would do about memory storage.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh god so many rumors, 1 day 22 hours & 36 min. left to know the truth >.<
Will nintendo surprise us all?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This will be Ninty's attempt for a serious console again.
After "trying" the Wii.

Now it's "their" time to be "modern". Can't wait for what hey have in store for us!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny