ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole game has been translated just beat it yesterday, pretty good game, awesome story, except the battle system wasn't excited. and the skills were not jaw dropping, awesome graphic

TheRani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis, the translation is awesome, but I'm confused about something. I tried searching for the answer first, but I didn't see it anywhere. I don't know if the untranslated game is like this too, but this is what happens: I pick a character model, Millers. Pick gunner for her class, pick guns for her weapon. Then I name her Susan. The game begins, and her name displays as Millers, and everybody's calling her Millers, and on most of the screens where her name is shown, it says, "Millers". So what is the point of the game letting us rename the character, if everybody is going around calling her Millers anyway? At what point does the game actually use "Susan" for anything? Is it supposed to be like that?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheRani said:
DarthNemesis, the translation is awesome, but I'm confused about something. I tried searching for the answer first, but I didn't see it anywhere. I don't know if the untranslated game is like this too, but this is what happens: I pick a character model, Millers. Pick gunner for her class, pick guns for her weapon. Then I name her Susan. The game begins, and her name displays as Millers, and everybody's calling her Millers, and on most of the screens where her name is shown, it says, "Millers". So what is the point of the game letting us rename the character, if everybody is going around calling her Millers anyway? At what point does the game actually use "Susan" for anything? Is it supposed to be like that?
It's just to name your save file. People see it on wireless games too.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
incredible but a little too short
tongue.gif
i ended it in 15 hours , this is the shortest ds rpg ive played

ATARI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheRani said:
susan? really?

cocoluco

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
THANK YOU, all who contributed to make this translation, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I love action-rpg's and this looked great, now i can play it!! thanks to you!!! thank you!!

BTW the game is as great as I expected, much better than FFCC, at least in the first 30 minutes...

the only shitty thing is the partners, as in every action rpg with partners controlled by the machine they are hateable, it's like 'let me do my killing job and I let you do your cutscene job'. But the game is great.

THANK YOU!!

tsampiras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Kaos said:
Canonbeat234 said:
Sadly I don't know how to patch a translation thing with the rom. I done it for JUS but that was a pain in the ass to do.
Download patch.

Unzip to a folder.

Drag ROM to "dropromhere.bat".

Play now translated ROM.

QUOTE(darnoc @ Jan 8 2009, 05:54 PM)
how do i patch theres no tut or anything

darnoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tsampiras said:
Kaos said:
Canonbeat234 said:
Sadly I don't know how to patch a translation thing with the rom. I done it for JUS but that was a pain in the ass to do.
Download patch.

Unzip to a folder.

Drag ROM to "dropromhere.bat".

Play now translated ROM.

QUOTE(darnoc @ Jan 8 2009, 05:54 PM)
how do i patch theres no tut or anything

what dropromhere.bat file? all i see is config files a read me a a file named ndstool and somatrans

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
does anyone have any graphic problems in Act.5?? the background in the ring tower and some other places are weird i cant make a screenshot but if anyone sees it youll know what i mean , its not causing any major problems its just looks like crap

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kuraudo39 said:
Is this project dead?

I think, for the most part, it is considered "done". But don't quote me on that. From what I understand, the little bit not translated is insignificant and should not affect your enjoyment of the game in English.

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Rayder said:
Kuraudo39 said:
Is this project dead?

I think, for the most part, it is considered "done". But don't quote me on that. From what I understand, the little bit not translated is insignificant and should not affect your enjoyment of the game in English.

Yes you're right, the project's completed... Only a few parts in the character database are in japanese, the rest is completely in English and fully playable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...