ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seriously been considering playing this game. and from what I read the main script is practically done. Is there any part of the non-translated material that would make the game less fun to play, or is it just minor stuff?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gblock247 said:
I've seriously been considering playing this game. and from what I read the main script is practically done. Is there any part of the non-translated material that would make the game less fun to play, or is it just minor stuff?
Pretty much the only thing left is the glossary.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question, but the glossery is what? A list of your unlock supplies and bad guys you've faced? Sorry but all I know about this game is hype and that it's supposed to be really good.

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm seriously consider trying this game out, however that final 2-3% is sorta making me worry. Would any of you who have played through the game with this translation say it's fully playable and enjoyable?

EDIT: Oops, my bad. Just read through some of the last posts, and I think it's safe to say this game is fully playable. ._.;;;;

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only untranslated things are the Glossary and one small piece of text that I think says "8 hours ago".

EDIT: I believe I've discovered an error.

In Grave Fortress during Act 2, there is a lift you examine that says something like "This high-security lift goes to Isolation Ward 1?" I think it should say Ward 3, as when you activate the control Rod for Isolation Lift 3, it activates this lift, and going to the now activated lift brings up the dialog saying "Go to Isolation Ward 3?"

Oath

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just got into the game yesterday and I have to say this is one of the best RPGs Ive played for the DS, major fun. Major thnx to all those who were involved in this project, especially you Darth.

ATARI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched the rom and loaded it onto my EDGE flashcart, but I can't seem to get the rom to open. My ds just stays at the loading screen forever and fails to do anything beyond that. Has anyone else had a problem like this, or am I just an unlucky fluke?

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
ATARI said:
I patched the rom and loaded it onto my EDGE flashcart, but I can't seem to get the rom to open. My ds just stays at the loading screen forever and fails to do anything beyond that. Has anyone else had a problem like this, or am I just an unlucky fluke?

Did the .bat file report a failure or something when you patched the rom? If not, I don't know... try to repatch it or download the rom again from a different website..

I would like to say thank you to Darth Nemesis for this awesome translation... It's really perfect!! At first I thought fan translations weren't reliable but this one really looks like a professional translation (also the beginning scene translated and everything). It's really fantastic! Thank you a lot ^^ I'm enjoying this game so much now!!

(too bad for the glossary, if someone has got time, why don't you try to finish it? It's not a must though, it would be nice
wink.gif
)

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
ATARI said:

unlucky fluke, i am using edge as well, and mine works perfectly
biggrin.gif

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
shineek said:
hm why did you wrote here http://somatrans.referata.com/ that the cutscenes in act1. are 99.73% , i played it and i didnt see any japanese text .

oh and btw thanks DarthNemesis for this great translation , always wanted to play this game and thanks to you i can play it now
tongue.gif

I don't know, maybe it refers to act 2 when there's a "8 hours ago" in Japanese written on the screen... but I honestly don't know

brissmas

Trophies
XP
Country
mrfatso said:
ATARI said:

unlucky fluke, i am using edge as well, and mine works perfectly
biggrin.gif

just put onto my r4 and worked perfectly.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've found another error.

The Kampf Rank1 skill "Dragon Blow" is described as a "Right Forearm Slam", but both the attack animation and the damage type (I have a Dark Orb on my left fist) show that it should be a "Left Forearm Slam".

Edit: I fixed it on the Wiki, but I can't work out how to fix the "Isolation Ward" error I posted earlier.

Edit Edit: Another error. In Cremona, one of the NPCs that gives you a quest says cystal instead of crystal.

ATARI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i tried the same rom but using the windows patching version on another computer rather than the OSX patcher on my laptop, and it worked this time, so maybe there is a problem with the patcher for OS X then?

eeliottheking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a patcher for people who use linux? I can't get the patching to emulate properly since i have to use two different programs to emulate a .bat file and a .exe file.

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dominator said:
PLAY it it is an awesome game, I finish it in all mode with every charactere with my friend, the translation in completed, maybe be like 10 line of japanese over a ton of english text....

PLAY IT and enjoy please, dosn't wait

Wish it had Wi-fi, imagine the fun in playing with 2 others online.

Magnvs

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since I'm enjoying Soma Bringer right now, I felt necessary to thank Darth Nemesis (and all those who contributed) for his astounding work! ^^

Canonbeat234 said:
I just wait until its around 99.99% translated, I'm looking forward to play a good game.
The game's translation is practically finished, if you don't mind parts of the dictionary being incomplete (something many gamers would not be aware of if they didn't know it already) the rest of the game is fully playable.
Moreover, you can easily swap for the next patch (if any) in the future without jeopardizing your saves, so if you want to enjoy SB, by all means go ahead
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @OmDRetro, good point