ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its actually Japanese Kanji ~ which is basically Mandarin. So... yeah. There you have it folks, lesson in Japanese and Chinese language relation.

Anyway, back on topic, yes, if you don't actually speak or understand full Japanese, forget it LOL.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about compression, you chowderheads. The 8時間前―― graphic uses DAD2 compression and I don't know how to edit it yet.

DeathGod

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi first thx for translation, and i need rly help, i cant patch the rom, i dont know why, im doing same the readme is saying but if i drop the rom on the bat there always comes open window saying:

"patching...
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
The xdelta patching utility was unable to apply the patch. Make sure to use the original (unpatched, untrimed) ROM and extract all of the patch files to the same folder before running this. "

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i'm really late in terms of playing this game (just started it up a few days ago for the first time), and first (i've said it before, and i'll say it again): Thanks so much for this translation patch! Its so much fun. Been playing with Wife® and a friend, and its so much fun!

This is a question that could have been answered prior, and i apologize if it has been and i can't find the answer, but when i get to the point where
Idea is unlocked, i can't choose to play as her in the character. The text pops up saying she's available, but when i try to select her, she's just a silhouette and her name is ???

Is that because of the patch? Is there something else i need to do to activate her?

I tried on my Cyclo, no luck. Wife® tried on her SC DS-1, no luck, and my buddy tried it on his DSTT, and no luck there either.

Lemme know, thanks
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
WildWon said:
Hey guys, i'm really late in terms of playing this game (just started it up a few days ago for the first time), and first (i've said it before, and i'll say it again): Thanks so much for this translation patch! Its so much fun. Been playing with Wife® and a friend, and its so much fun!

This is a question that could have been answered prior, and i apologize if it has been and i can't find the answer, but when i get to the point where
Idea is unlocked, i can't choose to play as her in the character. The text pops up saying she's available, but when i try to select her, she's just a silhouette and her name is ???

Is that because of the patch? Is there something else i need to do to activate her?

I tried on my Cyclo, no luck. Wife® tried on her SC DS-1, no luck, and my buddy tried it on his DSTT, and no luck there either.

Lemme know, thanks
smile.gif
Hm... I noticed that too. I think...

the same exact thing happens to me, so I think it's part of the game. However, if I had to guess, I'd say she's unlocked after you beat the game. I'm sure there's some storyline reason for not being able to pick her. (Such as how would the beginning of the game change if you started out as her) Also, I think when you beat the game you get alternate colors for the other characters! But I'm not sure about that one.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Hm... I noticed that too. I think...

the same exact thing happens to me, so I think it's part of the game. However, if I had to guess, I'd say she's unlocked after you beat the game. I'm sure there's some storyline reason for not being able to pick her. (Such as how would the beginning of the game change if you started out as her) Also, I think when you beat the game you get alternate colors for the other characters! But I'm not sure about that one.

The alternate colors are available in multiplayer. 10 different outfits per character (so if you have 3 welts, you can tell them apart in terms of color. If its available after you beat it, thats cool too... but they're already in multi.

As for
playing as Idea, i was wondering that myself... i mean, her being playable after beating the game. But the message pops up shortly after you find her, hence my confusion. Has anyone else been able to play as her? If so, how did you manage it? Did you play as her on an english patched version of the rom?

Thanks for the help guys.
smile.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WildWon said:

Lemme know, thanks
smile.gif
if you're still early in the game and get the unlock message it means you unlocked her as party member, not as playable character.
that means at myrtle(the big dog faced tutorial npc) you can choose her as a support character in the party management screen.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
if you're still early in the game and get the unlock message it means you unlocked her as party member, not as playable character.
that means at myrtle(the big dog faced tutorial npc) you can choose her as a support character in the party management screen.

That makes sense. Thanks!

(edited to remove off-topic quesions heh)

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
War said:
I hope alternate colors can also be unlocked when you beat the game and they aren't multi-player only.

well, i completed it once and the alt color can be used on single player BUT it is only for those that had already completed it once, so for example, u were using that maid looking character, and u clear it, u have to load that data to use alternate color.

Starting a new game will not have that effect.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
Its actually Japanese Kanji ~ which is basically Mandarin.

All Chinese dialects (one of which is Mandarin) use the same system of writing. The difference is in the pronunciation of the words.

The Point: Technically, Mandarin does not refer to written Chinese. It refers to a dialect of spoken Chinese.

I just thought I'd point this out.

DarthNemesis said:
I'm talking about compression, you chowderheads.

That term sounds humorous and tasty at the same time.

QUOTE(War @ Oct 13 2008, 04:25 PM)
I hope alternate colors can also be unlocked when you beat the game and they aren't multi-player only.

Alternate colors are immediately available in multiplayer. If you use a singleplayer character in a multiplayer game, you will be able to select colors in multiplayer mode only. Once you beat the game, you can select colors in singleplayer.

P.S. My R4 popped out of my DS while I was moving from one car to another. This means that I won't be able to *play* Soma Bringer anymore. I'll probably continue to proofread the text, but I'm going to take nice, long breaks in between proofreading.
happy.gif

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the patch Darth, it really is mindblowing : not only is the translation practically complete, but the translation quality has clearly surpassed my expectations of a "fansub". It practically can pass off as a legitimate US copy of the game.

kenghot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.kenghot.com
XP
Country
Thailand
I've surrendered with "????" already even i've found where is it. But i can't view it in TM . So, i use a trick ,I've clear screen ???? with blank screen. and move "????" to next screen instead.
yaypsp.gif

17835332po7.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fell on uremums hiney