Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Mkay, I tried to play Act 0 again, because I wanted to play a Gunner
smile.gif

I just made minor changes at some dialogues, because even for me it didn't sound like english - who translated "???????????" with "Ok, here goes!"
wacko.gif
Smells like Babelfish or Google!
wink.gif

I also changed some things like "That helps they growth" or "It's a miracle we lived, right in the middle of it", or "All's well that ends well, I suppose".... ehm...
biggrin.gif

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wischmop said:
I've got another question:
How far is it possible to insert the buttons in the start menu? I could get them done by my brother.
smile.gif
This concerns graphics hack and so on, so I just wanted to ask.
Sooner or later it might be important, because I think that the texts at the beginning of the game are graphics too...:|Yeah, the intro text is all graphics. I haven't really looked into the image formats, and I don't have any experience with NDS graphics formats, so here's where I could use some help from an experienced hacker.

thecrash1973 said:
Started working on tutorial 3 also need to correct some name entries in the quest log, also I noticed that Rinel temple actually comes up as Linell temple which is the correct translation this is in both google and babelfish, please confirm, have started to look at the party members support/attack abilities its just getting to each character and ensuring they look ok.People. Stop using google translate and babelfish as some sort of authority. They're not. If you have some other source for Linell then that's fine (and I'd be happy to use it), but don't just trust whatever you get out of a machine translation.

QUOTE(wischmop @ Apr 1 2008, 11:00 PM)
Mkay, I tried to play Act 0 again, because I wanted to play a Gunner
smile.gif

I just made minor changes at some dialogues, because even for me it didn't sound like english - who translated "???????????" with "Ok, here goes!"
wacko.gif
Smells like Babelfish or Google!
wink.gif

I also changed some things like "It's a miracle we lived, right in the middle of it", or "All's well that ends well, I suppose".... ehm...
biggrin.gif
I'm guessing English is not your primary language, because those are all perfectly fine...

wischmop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
... okay, if you say, it actually IS fine (as a native), than... ehm... sorry.
biggrin.gif

(I just changed the "here goes", I actually wanted to change the other ones too, but didn't find them yet, they're at the beginning of Act 1 but didn't find it...sorry, they really didn't sound like english, especially the "here goes"...
wacko.gif
) I'll rather stick to my Japanese - crappy english then, the rest is up to you.
biggrin.gif

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there are a lot of colloquial sayings (in American English at least) that would seem odd to someone who learned the "proper" rules. "All's well that ends well" is a common aphorism, for instance.

And yeah, the ones you couldn't find are in files I have done locally but haven't uploaded yet. There are uhhh 722 script files so that's gonna take quite a while unless other people want to help figure out which files are part of which cutscenes.

Edit: New patch is out

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thecrash1973 said:
Started working on tutorial 3 also need to correct some name entries in the quest log, also I noticed that Rinel temple actually comes up as Linell temple which is the correct translation this is in both google and babelfish, please confirm, have started to look at the party members support/attack abilities its just getting to each character and ensuring they look ok.

...the hell is wrong with you?
unsure.gif

Seraphim521

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol @ Ameer10. I love how you join these forums yesterday and already start criticizing the rate at which this project is progressing. This is not some speed job, creating a barely legible script full of amateur errors. This is being done at a reasonable pace that maintains progress as well as quality. If there were a team of people that were fluent in Japanese and had no other real life obligations this game would be finished and translated by now. As such, no such resource exists at the moment. Be thankful you have an amazing Japanese game that is playable in English because of the hard work and time Darth as well as everyone else has put into this.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ameer10 said:
I decided to cancel it so could you guys try and traslate ALL of it and fast? because I saw some bits that aren't translated! why?
blink.gif
I thought you knew japanese?!
lecture.gif

You so obviously don't know what it takes to do something like this ... it's a major project, for people who have lives to lead as well.

You should be grateful anyone is doing this at all ... they don't have to, you know ... and for you to come along and talk like that to them is outrageous.

You need to just hush up, and move along.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Theres nothing wrong, I havent changed any thing I only mentioned it, maybe I might just make the changes for myself in the future if all people are going to do is complain about everything thats getting done.

I only use these sites to help with basic translation as advised the rest comes from actually being English, commonsense and rpg mad.

I might just do what everyone else is doing and wait for each new patch to be added, then change it and complain about it, how does that sound.

http://homepage.mac.com/kenzhao/20080229KOULI.html

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....anyhoo, those of you with limited Japanese knowledge can still help by going through the Event Viewer and figuring out which SC### files correspond to which cutscenes.

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
when will the storymode section be 100% complete? oh and i also want to know wot death hain does, it kinda annoys me how not all skills have been translated...

If you'r not happy, Help us to translate, Line break for example. The story is very hard and take a lot of time to be translated

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I that but I just carry on regardless to what people tell me do all you can do is your best, not many other people are trying to learn something new and I don't think you have to know Japanese to create simple translations.

I have tried to look for other alternate sites to help me but they all want cash in return so I will stick to what I know, I think more programs like this one should be made, it may incourage more people to have a go at something new and you don't learn anything sitting around waiting for other to do the work.

Other games these should be made for:

Final Fantasy 4
Tales of Innocense

Add any other you can think of, and see if we can't spread this around.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ameer10 said:
It's only because I'm keen on finding out what the actual storyline is and it just annoys me when it says something japanese and I don't know, plus about 3 people HAD TO ANNOY me by telling me over and over that babelfish is useless.

BabelFish is useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: because he legit gets annoyed when someone says irregardless