Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
Mac2492 said:
As we near completion, I'm starting to get curious... Will new patches come out after the translation is 100% completed? There are surely going to be typos that need correction.

We DO have SomaTrans, so user-made patches are always an option. I was just wondering if you (Darth) will keep compiling every so often, or if you will leave it up to the users to do that.
Absolutely, I will keep it updated as long as there are changes to be made.

That's very reassuring. Thanks for all the effort you are putting into this project. We all appreciate it! =)

Tenkaichi

Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to add another 'thanks!' to the thread! This game is a lot of fun to play, but it pains me to know that I'm almost halfway through. Great patch!
toot.gif

Prax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oops, I originally commented in the wrong thread (the older, abandoned translation).

Wow! I just found this thread on the Soma Bringer translation and spent a few minutes playing through the patched ROM.

Very cool game and awesome job on the translation work!

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Khaos4wood said:
Actually, I have a trimmed ROM and thusfar the patch has worked perfectly, but I'm only at the beginning of the game. What exactly are the problems with the trimmed version, and should I go find an untrimmed ROM to patch?
Hmmm... the patch automatically trims the untrimmed version, so i think there's no need to find an untrimmed one, it ends as a trimmed one anyway

QUOTE(Kickinchicken @ Sep 9 2008, 09:31 AM) Sorry am new here and was ust wondering where i can actually download the latest patch version....

Thanks in advance
The first post.... at the first page, you'll know it when you see it

Edit: Regarding the 91% completion, what does the 9% consist of? Does it consist only of NPC talks or some extra episodes's cutscenes too?

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Khaos4wood said:
Actually, I have a trimmed ROM and thusfar the patch has worked perfectly, but I'm only at the beginning of the game. What exactly are the problems with the trimmed version, and should I go find an untrimmed ROM to patch?
Hmmm... the patch automatically trims the untrimmed version, so i think there's no need to find an untrimmed one, it ends as a trimmed one anyway

QUOTE(Kickinchicken @ Sep 9 2008, 09:31 AM) Sorry am new here and was ust wondering where i can actually download the latest patch version....

Thanks in advance
The first post.... at the first page, you'll know it when you see it

Edit: Regarding the 91% completion, what does the 9% consist of? Does it consist only of NPC talks or some extra episodes's cutscenes too?
More than likely NPC text and there's a tiny bit left in the Library Glossary.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that 9% also contains some literal translations, which doesn't take wordplay jokes and such in account.
those count only ½ towards the completion %.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Darth, do you want "Amati Ruins" to be capitalized? I noticed that it is often left uncapitalized, but that doesn't seem proper. "Amati Ruins" is the name of the location, isn't it? If it isn't, then "the Amati ruins" would probably be more appropriate.

EDIT: Ugh... I just realized that it DID say "the Amati ruins". It's too bad you can't delete your own posts. x,x

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided not to capitalize it (except in the map titles) because ruins are mentioned independently in several places, with the ones at Amati being just one example. It seemed more like they were describing "the ruins that are located in/belong to Amati", and saying "head to Amati Ruins" doesn't sound as natural.

And on a related note, in case it comes up, I chose "head to Downtown" rather than "head downtown" because it sounded like a distinct place name - it's the English word written in katakana and not something like アマティの町中. Checking a dictionary I see that the katakana version has been adopted as a loanword, so you might be able to make a case there to change it.

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be improper to capitalize it as it's a common noun. Don't capitalize the last common noun in a title.
"The GBAtemp Libary" or "The GBAtemp libary"

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mohammad said:
it would be improper to capitalize it as it's a common noun. Don't capitalize the last common noun in a title.
"The GBAtemp Libary" or "The GBAtemp libary"

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Darth indirectly stated that "Amati Ruins" would have been correct if this was the name of the location. It is not, since the characters refer to them as "ruins that are in Amati". This does not represent a particular entity (they could be referring to different ruins every time, though they aren't), so "ruins" is not a proper noun here. If "Amati Ruins" was the name of the "entity", then both words would be capitalized.

Example: "Knott's Berry Farm". "Berry" and "farm" are common nouns, but they are capitalized because they, along with "Knott's", represent a particular entity (making them a multi-word proper noun).

P.S. If the name of the library was "The GBAtemp Library", then you would capitalize all the words. If the name of the library was different or nonexistent, then you would refer to it as "the GBAtemp library". Suppose GBAtemp had two libraries and one of them was named "The GBAtemp Library". You could then refer to that specific library by saying "The GBAtemp Library" (all capitalized).

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, basically, it's "the Amati ruins" because the place has no real name, pretty much like "American food", am I correct?

So, which entries of the library hasn't been translated yet?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
So, basically, it's "the Amati ruins" because the place has no real name, pretty much like "American food", am I correct?

So, which entries of the library hasn't been translated yet?Basically, yeah. As for the library, the dictionary entries haven't been translated.

Mac2492
Dude, stop changing SC582. Jadis is telling Welt not to sleep in.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
Dude, stop changing SC582. Jadis is telling Welt not to sleep in.

Oh, sorry about that. I didn't realize that we already went back and forth on that line. It's hard to keep track of all these edits. xP

P.S. "Coordination" is misspelled as "coodination" in the credits, if I remember correctly.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac2492 said:
P.S. "Coordination" is misspelled as "coodination" in the credits, if I remember correctly.
Weird, I didn't touch the credits.

Edit: Yeah, I see it. Hmm... I guess we could fix it for them, haha.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember this being brought up earlier, but I couldn't confirm it until now. For Somas, the Support Skills are messed up. Water Skill DOES raise Fire magic damage.

Fire Breath - 2
64 damage

Fire Breath - 2
Fire Skill - 9
64 damage

Fire Breath - 2
Water Skill - 9
85 damage

Are you going to leave the skill descriptions as-is, or is this another thing to "fix"? (I got these numbers by pressing select in the menu, by the way.)

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac2492 said:
I remember this being brought up earlier, but I couldn't confirm it until now. For Somas, the Support Skills are messed up. Water Skill DOES raise Fire magic damage.

Are you going to leave the skill descriptions as-is, or is this another thing to "fix"? (I got these numbers by pressing select in the menu, by the way.)
This was brought up before - the menu is wrong, but damage during actual combat is correct; I have tested it.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
Mac2492 said:

This was brought up before - the menu is wrong, but damage during actual combat is correct; I have tested it.

Ah, okay. That's why I ignored the problem before... Short term memory burns.
wtf.gif

EDIT: You were right. =D

Fungustoken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:

So, I do more Firedamage in combat by using the Fire-skill-up? Even thou it doesn't show that way in the select menu?

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fungustoken said:
DarthNemesis said:

So, I do more Firedamage in combat by using the Fire-skill-up? Even thou it doesn't show that way in the select menu?

Correct. It's easy to confirm this. Raise Fire Bolt to level 1, hit a monster (make sure it doesn't die in one hit), take note of the damage, raise Fire Mastery, then hit the monster with Fire Bolt again. You will do more damage. I actually did several hits with and without Fire Bolt, just in case Soma Bringer has a min-max damage system (I'm not really sure if it does, because I seem to be doing the same amount of damage every time).

Question: What does the Rank 4 Fire skill "Spell Blast" do? I saw someone ask this in the GameFAQs forum, but no one answered him. He said that it *didn't* raise spell damage. I'm only Rank 3 at the moment, so I can't test this myself. The Ability Data says "Magic Success", which is somewhat vague.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Luke use some force!