XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Got myself a softmodded original Xbox:
Dash: XBMC 2.0.1
HDD: Factory
DVD: Phillips J5 3235C FW: S32M

Homebrew games on DVD-R play just great. I found a port of PC version of Panzer Dragoon. Works 100%.

Messed up thing is backups won't play. I've tried several different games. The Box reads the default.xbe and recognizes the game but I get the Dirty Disc Error every time I try to load them.

I always use DVD-R. DVD+R spin endlessly for some reason.
Burn at 2X
DAO

Tried using Qwix to rebuild the images and then burn them, get the DDE.
Tried just making a data DVD with the same structure as the .iso, same shit.

Don't have a big enough HDD to ftp files or rip games.
Don't want to do the pot tweak because it's not my Xbox

What's going on here? Should I just try with a different Xbox?

feendarrell

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi ,

i have the same problem its the dodgy phillips dvd drive
my xbox running xbmc will read dvd films on dvd -r or +r it will even accept dvd-rw
but xbox games - nooooooooo
dirty disc error all the time

best advice i can offer is try and find a 2nd or recon dvd drive replacement - not a phillips
ebay is your freind

smile.gif

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well If iirc I have a Philips drive as well. Most of the times it works well, but sometimes I get this error too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My classroom is kinda a toxic environment
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    True, which would be a good choice if it releases you from that suffering.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea exactly
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I got into a toxic environment when I switched schools, something I was pressured to do long ago by my mom mostly
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because there were a couple of teachers who were objectively bad and who kept giving me bad grades, even thogh if I had stayed they would leave in the following year anyways
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I'm a verbal abuse víctim i think
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but I had noit known that and I let myself be manipulated into quitting...I'd rather have let myself be have fights with my mom than to let myself be blackmailed into effectively destroying my life or leading to it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my mother was the one who verbally abused me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    with me it started with verbal abuse...I tried to ignore it...until it got worse and after summer break it went from verbal into sneaky physical, not just theft but once they saw me as real problem they tried to poison me outright
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because they couldn't apply their usual tactics anymore it all went worse from there
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and I was a threat to their hierarchy and the way the gang worked
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I did in the end cause the gang leader who was installed there by the larger gang, to loose his influence over the classmates but it had a terrible cost
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in that it caused my other best friend, who joined that school, to betray me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    to both the powers that be and the larger gang at play
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    by recording conversations of me...they also convinced him over time that I never cared about him and he started to beat over my head things from the past, courtesy of psycholigsts work
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I was stupid to trust them and think they wouldn't start a coverup in agreement of the school who didn't want further scandals on their name
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    when I told the psychologist the name of my best friend in the group I didn't realize that would seal my fate
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    this and more is why I don't trust authorities either and why I became more of a "lone wolf" for a very long time
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lone wolf until when?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    maybe I'll become one again completely if this crap goes on that I'm getting flooded with lately
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so maybe forever from then on
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Hope you find your missing friend
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but I didn't have any friends for years, barely talked to anyone irl at that time, only had friends online basically
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    thanks
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet you will be happier with him
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I bet you will be happier with him +1