Hacking softmod wii was system restored - lost hbc - hackmii produces black screen - 4.2U w/bootmii on boot2

neilyboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. I recently picked up a 4.2U wii. It has bootmii installed on boot2 (may have priiloader installed I am at work now but can check when I get home). Essentially when I first picked it up it had hbc installed and working just fine. I (without researching first - i know i know) did a system restore thinking I would upgrade to 4.3 then re-soft-mod. Well after the system restore I am somewhat broke.

If I boot like normal with no SD everything works as it should. If I boot with SD and bootmii on SD I can get into bootmii menu.

I have tried installing bannerbombv2 via SD click. It gives me the scam warning prompt and asks to load the boot.dol when I hit A all I get is a black screen.

So I have tried booting into bootmii with the hackmiimini.elf file and running it from the bootmii menu. I can get it to load the file (get the wild green/brown blocks on screen - followed by the scam screen). After this nothing pops up (where it should ask me to press 1). It just hangs on the scam screen. I have tried this with a wii controller connected to game cube port 1 as well same thing.

I then found a guide to 'revirginize' my wii. So I ran through this after a fresh nand dump. It did a full restore. I thought ok good im back to normal I can start over. Nope same thing just get black screens after everything.

I am running
BootMii v1.2
Stun v1.1
Mini v0.3

SysMenu: 4.2U boot1b boot2v4
Nand FS usage: 32.1%

I am not sure where to go from here. I have a feeling it has something to do with cios or something as I am getting black screens no matter how I attempt to re-load the hackmii installer.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Neil

neilyboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using ModMii's hackmii solutions guide
Thank you ill give it a go tomorrow and report back.

Not sure but maybe factory reset would work?
I tried a nand restore with a fresh 4.2u image. Unfortunately didn't fix anything. Il try more with the modmii tomorrow. I attempted that earlier but the installer kept failing for some reason.

Il report back tomorrow. Had a long day at work.

Neil

neilyboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak you rock. Ok so that got me hbc back on the wii. I can now access it and the mmm. Now for the next problem.

If I try and load usbloadergx it says something about ios58 willnot load backups. Then if I try to load a backup I just get black screen.

So I first went into mmm and installed all of the wads the modmii package had created for me. That was a success..

Still not able to load backups. So I then went to try the d2x cios installer as I had before. I select the stuff and hit a it tells me net failed it something like that (kids are on tv now so I cant recheck).

Is there a way to re load everything through MMM?
Is there something I can run to let you know where my system is at currently and what I need to fix.

Thank you so much in advance you are amazing!

Neil

Reactions: XFlak

neilyboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak I owe you a beer seriously! You are a life saver! Quick and simple. Your software is amazing. I see your warnings on servers going offline in 2019. I'm hoping there is a way to archive this for later retrieval. I saw you had a way to snag all data to a temp directory I'm researching that now.

Thanks so much!
Neil

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up