Hacking SoftChip Backup Loader

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kanoeyes said:
it is possible to extract the update from nfs uncouver and make a wad installation? if it is , can anyone do it?

What's the point of it? Yes you can extract the IOS wad files from the game and install them. Works for modchips users to install IOS55.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was that feature requiem4d talked about a while ago ever implemented? Where games that require a specific IOS (SSX blur, medal of honor) would be patched in memory to use whatever IOS was needed...

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Afraid not, last I remember reading about that was Requiem was busy with his career and had to get those real life issues, but plans to work on it when he comes back.. or he may be quietly working on it some.. Weird thing is... he sort of disappeared around the same time Forsaekn did!
blink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NeoNight said:
Was that feature requiem4d talked about a while ago ever implemented? Where games that require a specific IOS (SSX blur, medal of honor) would be patched in memory to use whatever IOS was needed...

It seems like that is not as easy as we thought. Waninkoko's IOS Version Patcher patches the tmd, and it seems there isn't a way to patch it in memory. It's still possible to implement a patch for it, you could patch the main.dol to ignore IOS reloading commands or something like that, but that's difficult. I have written a toy to test main.dol patches easily: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122...p;#entry1626756 but it's not easy to figure out what to patch exactly.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wiipower,

has anyone tried installing multiple instances of dcIOS55,

like putting it at BOTH 249 and 55, and maybe 36/37 too...?

btw I was thinking about NFS 002 error, when I thought of that...lol

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
noobwarrior7 said:
@wiipower,

has anyone tried installing multiple instances of dcIOS55,

like putting it at BOTH 249 and 55, and maybe 35/36/37 too...?

The modchip users which get the new NFS to work, only need to install IOS55, and run the game with it. I'm 90% sure the new protection is inside the main.dol or IOS55, or both.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r71 is out

There is no need to upgrade, nobody complained about the logfile not working or the graphical glitch inside the IOS selection menu.

whitegoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ive got my NFS:UC working fine.

im modded with a wiikey V1 and run through the disc channel. burned the ISO 1:1. i dont think i had to install IOS 55 manually, but its been a while and i cant recall. i believe i just did the game disc update and away she went. the system menu on it is only 3.2 or 3.3... i downgraded back to 3.2 after and its working fine.

i have my wiikey set to dev mode.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
requiem4d

i'm sure you know that someone has created a way too make NFS-U work in softmod, you think you can integrate it in softchip?
just because every game is gonna bring that system in the future and to patch every game that way sucks.
you think it's possible?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kimikal27 said:
requiem4d

i'm sure you know that someone has created a way too make NFS-U work in softmod, you think you can integrate it in softchip?
just because every game is gonna bring that system in the future and to patch every game that way sucks.
you think it's possible?

Sorry requiem is busy with other things at the moment. But i think Luccax and/or i will integrate this soon into SoftChip. Until then: Use my Toy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc