So... Xbox One, or PS4? your next-gen choice

If you had to pick one, which would it be?

• The Xbox One

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • The PS4

Votes: 86 38.6%
  • The WiiU

Votes: 91 40.8%
  • None / a PC

Votes: 36 16.1%

• Total voters

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
I will not invest in the new xbox simply because of the online activation bullshit, buying a console microsoft can arbitrarily shut down at any time is not something I will buy into. The PS4 I might get if it has anything interesting for me but I own a grand total of four PS3 games so that doesn't seem likely. Wii U and PC seems to be the way I'll be staying.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4 and Wii U for me this gen. I still think Nintendo can pull something off if they try hard enough. Microsoft is doing everything in their power to push me away.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm making my decision from current gen system's on which next gen system I shall get. I most enjoyed the Wii\Ps3 this gen so I'll get WiiU and Ps4. case closed!! It would be a coin toss on which system I'd pick between the WiiU or Ps4. I just can't decide (btw already own a WiiU) voted Ps4 though

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already have a wii u, i am definitely not getting a ps4 and probably not getting an xboxone, though something huge in the future could change my mind.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't pick just one. I can tell you what I wont be picking: the Xbox One. I will however pick up a Wii U at some point this summer, and then at some point next year plan to pick up a PS4.

Reactions: the_randomizer

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I had money, I would buy a Wii U because it has Backwards Compatibility with the Wii (and I don't have a Wii). But since video games are an expensive hobby I'm just gonna stick with my 3DS for now :P

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's see...

For me, I'm leaning towards the PS4 right now, but for the rest of the world (outside of GBAtemp/IGN/Gamespot/basically serious gamer demographics), it's the Xbox One. The WiiU and PS4 never trended on Twitter when they were first announced, but the Xbox One is.

So I'm not worried about Microsoft financially, but since the overall experience I'm looking for in games these days is a social/multiplayer one, I'm thinking maybe the Xbox One will be my choice in the end. We'll see.

jax604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since i already own a Wii U, im leaning toward the PS4 solely because i don't like how microsoft made it so we need to install the games into xbox one to play it, plus selling and trading them will be such a hassle.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Give us the scoop on how much they cost because it's news to us all here.

By using simple observation you could easily get an estimate of the prices yourself. I wonder how anyone can even be surprised at console price announcements.

All you need to do is look how much the last few generations cost at launch and you'll know the new ones will cost at the very least that much at their launch, probably noticeably more.

360 was 250€ at launch
PS3 was 500€ at launch

Considering how they're flaunting their high end hardware, it's safe to assume the box will be up there closer to the Playstation's price.
Then you'll also need to consider that they wasted A LOT of money on developing useless features (social features, voice commands, that illumiroom, probably more 3D integration and yet more motion controls) and, thus, have to make up for that by raising the price even further (Everybody loves paying for useless things they'll never need).

Anyway, the point I was making in terms of price in my first post was that no matter how you turn this, 300-400€ (and these next gen consoles will guaranteed cost more than that) already gets you a decent PC that can play current games on high graphics for 2-3 years and on medium for 5-6 more years as well as access all retro games with unrestricted backwards compability and an enormous indie games market, as well as across the board more freedom in how to use it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's see...

For me, I'm leaning towards the PS4 right now, but for the rest of the world (outside of GBAtemp/IGN/Gamespot/basically serious gamer demographics), it's the Xbox One. The WiiU and PS4 never trended on Twitter when they were first announced, but the Xbox One is.

So I'm not worried about Microsoft financially, but since the overall experience I'm looking for in games these days is a social/multiplayer one, I'm thinking maybe the Xbox One will be my choice in the end. We'll see.

They trended on twitter. And one of the biggest reasons Xbox One (which is the dumbest fucking name ever, I'd even close to Games.Com) is because of the hate it's getting, the confusion it's caused, and the qualms people have with it and it's features.

Reactions: KingVamp

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that I think of...
if there ever is a renaissance of the RPG genre (like the good old days of the SNES), I guess I will get a PS4
that's why I never bothered with the PS3... not enough RPGs like the ps1 and ps2 era

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also I just realized... with that whole used game fee bullshit, you can't borrow games from friends and install them on your own console :wtf:
that's so retarded...
and (from Kotaku's article posted above) the console has to be online at least once in 24 hours, that's not even a possibility for me due to my location

But it's Microsoft! They always cater to their fans and know how to deal with every potential customer in every potential scenario! Everyone in the world has a stable OC3072 fiber optic connection, it's 2013!;)

I feel your pain, my internet sucks where I live, I'm getting a PS4!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Guys, guys... you only have to be online once every 24 hours for Single Player games. Tether with your phones, GET WITH THE TIMES PEOPLE!
Yet another reason not to get One. It'll automatically pair with my phone via Bluetooth and eat up my prepay minutes with Internet fees. NOOOO.

gamewitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC I have not owned a console other than my 3ds for nearly 5 years, switched to PC to try it out and never went back.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's see...

Trending on Twitter isn't automatically a good thing. People could have just as easily been hashtagging the xbox One for how bad they think it is.

Anyways, looking at the question of whats the selling point? It seems to me, Microsoft want me sold on the fact that its an all in one entertainment box. Which is fine, but some of the stuff they are trying to get us excited about... I dunno. I think voice activation to control the television is not exciting or very practical, and in fact less intuitive than the Wii U gamepad being used as an interactive remote that can play instant replays and what not, and allow you to browse netflix and the like without mucking up your tv screen.

In terms of a good multiplayer experience, I think this next gen you'll be able to find that across all platforms (sure it may come easier on one console over the others), but thats not gonna change the fact that you will more or less be able to have the same online multiplayer experience on all platforms.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm a blossoming sadist, and I'm really torn. On the one hand, the Wii U will deprive of games; on the other hand, the Xbox One will constantly check in to see if I'm a naughty boy.

How's a man supposed to choose? It ain't right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1