So... Xbox One, or PS4? your next-gen choice

If you had to pick one, which would it be?

• The Xbox One

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • The PS4

Votes: 86 38.6%
  • The WiiU

Votes: 91 40.8%
  • None / a PC

Votes: 36 16.1%

• Total voters

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U for all the Ninty 1st party and a PS4/PC for everything else. Its like last gen. a Wii and a ps3 makes sense. A Wii and a 360 kinda makes sense. A 360 and a ps3 is just redundant.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm leaning towards a decent pc. A family member works in the pc field. Basically a cpu, disc drive, and gpu are the only things I'll need to pay for. At a nice discount to boot. Only thing is a turn off for me is racing, fighting and some others I'm not good with a keyboard to play.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I own a Wii U. I played ZombiU and I liked it. Haven't really gone back to the Wii U because my PS3 backlog is so huge.

I already know that I'm getting a PS4 and I will most likely skip Xbox this upcoming console generation.

It has nothing to do with what tech I think is better between the two consoles--it's just that I'm already so invested in the PlayStation. I have PS Plus until 2017 (with hundreds of digital downloads tied to my account, several games I've "platinumed," all of my real-life friends are on PSN, etc. As for games, there just aren't enough exclusives on Xbox to win me over. I'm sure I'll miss out on some excellent titles, but Sony will have some equally great exclusives. At any rate, it just wouldn't make sense for me to switch over to Xbox.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm leaning towards a decent pc. A family member works in the pc field. Basically a cpu, disc drive, and gpu are the only things I'll need to pay for. At a nice discount to boot. Only thing is a turn off for me is racing, fighting and some others I'm not good with a keyboard to play.
True, but the endless gamepad and wheel support more than makes up for it, and Joy2Key brings gamepads to games that lack the functionality.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll probably upgrade my PC in the not so distant future and definitely will pick up and xbox one controller to go with it !
Especially if it will be recognized as a standard xbox 360 controller by older games.
That''s it, I've got no patient to silly wave my hands in the air or speak loudly at night when according to them, " it's just as fast as pressing a button on your TV remote ".
So why don't we keep on using the bloody TV remote for a change ?
And use your phone to navigate ? What if I don't have a phone ? What if I have a smart phone and I can look online all the info that I need ON the phone,without gimmicky shrinking or enlarging the screen ?
And what do I do with the phone when I need to wave my hands, do I drop it? Put it in my pocket ?
Not practical if you ask me.
Hey, but we all knew they were going to show kinect down our trouts .

I think Nintendo got got it right with the gamepad controlling the TV, at least you have a large touch screen to interact with, comfortably from your couch, and it's always there with you and it comes with the system.
An actually improved TV remote.
Therefore, when more exclusives titles will become available, I'll pick a Wii U as well.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I liked what I saw today... I'm 75% sure that I will go with xbox one this year... Wii U maybe I get it only after Mario Kart (just like I did with wii), but I'm not excited with it... About PS4, sony is doing a bad communication until now, I see no reason to get it yet (but as I said, I think it is bad communication from sony, and probabily not a bad hardware).

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already have a great gaming PC (3770K + HD7850), even though I rarely game on it (doing x264 encoding most of the time).

Right now I'm catching on games I have yet to play on old console (Wii + PS2). As for plan to get new consoles, priority is PS VIta, PS4, and maybe Wii U.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
also I just realized... with that whole used game fee bullshit, you can't borrow games from friends and install them on your own console :wtf:
that's so retarded...
and (from Kotaku's article posted above) the console has to be online at least once in 24 hours, that's not even a possibility for me due to my location

Reactions: the_randomizer

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
also I just realized... with that whole used game fee bullshit, you can't borrow games from friends and install them on your own console :wtf:
that's so retarded...
and (from Kotaku's article posted above) the console has to be online at least once in 24 hours, that's not even a possibility for me due to my location
It has to be online once a day if playing single player games. The rest of the stuff is different so watching blu-rays or something requires different set up. And you can borrow games from a friend, except you'd have to pay the fee, or log in with their account.

As for used games, they're working on a way for users to trade games online. And the Xbox Hard Drive isn't user-serviceable. So no replacing or upgrading. Instead you'd have to buy an external HDD.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-hard-drive-cant-be-replaced-by-users

Iono, to be honest, things just aren't looking all that good for the One (Jesus that sounds dumb saying, and people complain about "WiiU). There's still time to change it all, but I doubt they will.

Hmm, despite what I personally voted, this is not the results I expected.

I guess a little xBoxOneDoomed is in order here.

You mean XboxDone

Reactions: kehkou

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I already have the Wii u and I'll probably pick up a PS4 on launch day. As far as the Xbox One... maybe I'll get one but only after its been out a few years and has a decent library of platinum hits or what ever MS calls their top selling games these days.

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a Wii U and a decent PC, and I'll probably get a PS4 sometime next year, and eventually a One (like, late in this gen like I did with the 360).

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
none
ps4: i don't want anything to do with sony and their despicable business practice.
one: it's a fucking media pc!

so for me it's wiiu for ninty exclusives
and
pc for everything else (which will be 95% of the games on the others :P)

Reactions: kehkou

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc