So... Xbox One, or PS4? your next-gen choice

If you had to pick one, which would it be?

• The Xbox One

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • The PS4

Votes: 86 38.6%
  • The WiiU

Votes: 91 40.8%
  • None / a PC

Votes: 36 16.1%

• Total voters

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
PS4 for me please, the Xbox One is getting full of gimmick features while Sony is working hard to bring features that help what the machine will be doing most of the time, playing games.
PS4 will have download&play for all games, built-in video recording and of course Ratchet&Clank and more sony exclusives that i like, Knack looks very nice, and i already have a PS3 and PSVita with a Plus subscription so backward compatibility isn't a problem.
Wii U is also nice and definitely getting it, Mario, Samus, Link and of course Smash among other epic games(when they release something, now has no gaems :tpi: )

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I'm going to stay with Sony and go with the PS4, some of the One features do look nice and the online checks would not personally effect me as I have a great internet connection constantly but its not what I want from my console. Some people are going to love the TV features and the media side of the console , I personally think for families that would work wonders in the living room, but that's not how I use my consoles. I just use it to play games, plus I think that the a lot of the features are going to be US exclusive (Such as NFL ect that they spend half the reveal talking about).

The only thing that is worrying me about the PS3 is there are rumours going around that it won't be released in the UK at the same time as the US. I would definitely want the new console for before Christmas.

I am also in the same boat as some other users here being that I have my PSN account with multiple purchases ect and most of my mates have the same. Finally I couldn't do with the not being able to lend games. Me and my group of friends don't really buy many games individually , we each get different games and swap/lend them to each other when we have completed them.

The WiiU just doesn't interest me in the slightest, I don't really want a tablet to play games on and I was never a massive fan of the Wii controls ( I prefer using a gamepad, another reason the One isn't for me ) and all though I know the WiiU will have some great nintendo first party titles , but that's all I'd care about , I never played many third party titles on my Wii and it'd be the same with the WiiU if I ever got one.

tl;dr

I'm 90% sure I am going to get PS4 near release, but you never know, I'm not deciding until all the information is out there ( Including the price, as I hope Sony don't repeat the original pricing of the PS3 as that was a disaster )

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't want to miss some of the console exclusives.

But this time around I will probably be getting a PS4.
NONE of the new Xbox features interest me in the least, and the fee for used games? fuck you MS, you're not getting a $ from me this gen.

They never said anything about a fee for used games I know because I was watching the reveal on spike tv but it would suck if they did charge you for using used games on any system.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i had to choose one right now, im not sure. There arent many reason for me to get a next gen console right now anyways... but i would go with the safe choice of the WiiU or the PS4.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where does it say anything about a fee not required ?
Ah my fault, debunked was a poor choice of words.
However it has yet to be confirmed, it's all pure speculation at the moment. Same with ps4 speculation. E3 will clear up all our questions.
I remember a lot of these same questions being around at the time of the wii u.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
- the Xbox One: Xbox and the number One together.
- the PS4: Playstation and the number 4 together.
- the Wii U: the Wii and the letter U together
Fixed that for you. I'm surprised that you would try to affect the results of a poll (even unintentionally) by putting your personal preferences in the poll options.

Anyway, I voted the Wii U. It's almost definitely going to be the weaker one in this generation, but it's the only one that doesn't screw you over for buying used games. Instead they just give you rewards for buying new ones. It's also almost certainly going to be the least expensive.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We now know what to expect of the next generation of consoles:
- the Xbox One: an all in one multimedia center, just announced
- the PS4: a powerful & compact PC for your living room
- the Wii U: the Wii and the letter U together

so what's it going to be? and why?
I love you so much. :rofl2:

Fixed that for you. I'm surprised that you would try to affect the results of a poll (even unintentionally) by putting your personal preferences in the poll options.
It's called humour. ;)

Reactions: Gahars

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if you buy all three, you must have a preference of some kind. Which one appeals to you the most? (And if none of the three, just pick PC)
I dont really have a preference. Didnt have any previous gen either.

Nintendo - for nintendo exclusive (under-powered graphics, pixelated crap on the handheld and I still enjoy :D)

Sony - For Sony exclusives. Used the PS3 as a blu-ray player(ONCE EVERY BLUE MOON)

Microsoft - For microsoft exclusives

PC - For cross-platform stuff like Skyrim :D

I really dont have a preference. I am here and there for each and every game that I like.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS4 for me for a few reasons:

- I have a Vita
- Used games
- No always on connection
- I doubt the XBONE TV Tuner stuff will work outside of the USA.
I'm reckoning we'll probably get Sky on it, whether I care is another matter!
Petrolhead here, and massive Forza fan: Forza 5 looked nice (it's pre-rendered stuff shown though so meh): what DOESN'T look nice on the One is the f'ugly design of the console itself! That's possibly more horrific looking than the first Xbox was, and as I'm a snobby bastard who likes his living room to look the part, problem right there!
The plan is as always to 'get em all' (minus the PC, not into those anymore), and probably will do eventually, but I'm not queueing up for any midnight launch here for either! In fact I'm most looking forward to seeing what's coming for my Wii U at this years e3 now! But, stick my arm up my back and force a 'PS4 or One first?' out of me? It'll be the One, mainly for the new Forza! ;)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the issue with that though?
I mean, if the game is playable right after install, it means one person could buy a game, then install it in all his buddies consoles. It'd slaughter sales.
And if you can't bring the game over, you could always take the console with you :mellow:

Which makes it a huge hassle and mess for the consumer. They didn't think it through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jlLQb2_rM&pp=ygUQSGVyIG5hbWUgaXMgc29ueQ%3D%3D +1