Hacking So, why shouldn't you update your EmuNAND to 7.2 again...?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If one backs up a 4.5 3ds nand via gateway firmware backup, then updates to 7.2 and download the x and y patches and bank and poke trasnporter as well as links the nintendo id, and then uses hardware mod to backup the nand, can one then downgrade using the 4.5 gateway nand backup and put the 7.2 and all its patches and apps into the emunand on the sd card? If so is there any risk. I.e if I can rip the nand succesfully will I be able to write it back just as easily with the win32diskimager program.

side question what watt/temp do people think is good and safe for soldering on 3ds xl?
yeah someone already done it,
1. backup nand via hardware mod(just to make sure its working)
2. update to 7.2 and download patches,
3. dump the 7.2 nand, and restore back to 4.x
4. inject your new 7.2 dump into emunand

all done

XL is pretty easy if you have soldering experience, just use a low wattage soldering iron like 15 watt to be safe

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah someone already done it,
1. backup nand via hardware mod(just to make sure its working)
2. update to 7.2 and download patches,
3. dump the 7.2 nand, and restore back to 4.x
4. inject your new 7.2 dump into emunand

all done

XL is pretty easy if you have soldering experience, just use a low wattage soldering iron like 15 watt to be safe

Thanks I do have pleanty of experiance with soldering and pcb boards, sounds like a fun project with minor risk.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it will work while your system nand is at 7.2(so not with gateway).....but once you switch back to 4.5 with emunand it wont work again....neither will system settings or eshop.....do whatever you need while your console is on 7.2......this isn't a fix just a work around for getting eshop updates or dlc

groit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure gateway will get the update done within a month, then again the publicist may come down with ebola again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1