Gaming So whos actually buying pokemon?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YES

I stopped after crystal and I like it till that serie, I did play the jap. version and I like the game... so I gonna spend some money in it!

SS forever! hg is a shitty name.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't bought or received a DS game since like last March, and I don't plan on buying any in the near future. The last DS game I got was Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, if you were wondering.

Anyway, I already played through the Japanese version and I don't see much point playing it again, let alone buying it. Even then, I think Pokemon is starting to wear down for me.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm pretty sure I posted in this thread before. Ok, whatever...

Nah, I won't buy it. The tamagotchi thingy is not really worth it IMO. Besides I haven't bought a DS game since 2008.
smileipb2.png

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Sanderino said:
Why are you guys buying the game?
Same reason I buy any game, to support the good games.

Otherwise the sales and resales charts have one less sale on the good games vs the bad games. The more good games bought the less bad ones made. In theory.

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ontopic - I'd buy it if I had a money and a DS. Also too lazy to pirate. (Emulators - hassle - bleh)

Offtopic -
The age thing, who cares. There are much more childish-stuff that can be enjoyed that no one makes a big deal out of, yet when it comes to pokemon it's somehow different.

As for the whole pirating/nonpirating. Considering Gen2/G/S/C is the "prime" of pokemon, when it was good..mostly because of the more pokemon in one cartridge as well as being able to visit Kanto. That's pretty much the only reason to buy it. A lot of people get nostalgic just by mentioning it. And then when you talk to them and bring it up, the subject derails and becomes some nostalgic pokemon chat. That and it's worth buying.

jmido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the torrent is released before march 14th, i'll download it and cancel my pre-order but if it's not out on torrents before I pick up my copy from gamestop, oh well, I don't mind paying. I'm a very impatient person lol.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
jmido said:
If the torrent is released before march 14th, i'll download it and cancel my pre-order but if it's not out on torrents before I pick up my copy from gamestop, oh well, I don't mind paying. I'm a very impatient person lol.

Thats a stupid logic, might as well cancel your pre-order now.

bozeefus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 22 (god I'm old) and I still enjoy playing Pokemon
smile.gif

Now that I work part-time and go to school, I actually have money to buy the game and support the developers.
smile.gif
However, I will most likely still download the game and put it on flash cart since it's easier to carry one cartridge than multiple cartridges.

I guess I'll give my physical copy to my younger cousins

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've pre-ordered it! Just so that I can Have the actual game, Boxart, Pokewalker and the SoulSilver Lugia Figurine you get if you pre-order it!!!! So YEAH! BTW Anyone in the UK going to any of the pokemon events held in GAME?

ShadowLink92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
I'm definitely buying it, I really want the PokéWalker
biggrin.gif
If that wasn't included, I would just pirate it like anyone else
tongue.gif

Yea same here I just wanna see how the PokeWalker works
biggrin.gif

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already pre-ordered mine from Newegg. $5.00 cheaper and free shipping! XD

Don't think I get any kind of pre-order bonus though.
frown.gif

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had my pre-order in for months now. I would probably pirate it if it didn't have the PokeWalker, but I've been wanting a pedometer, and I have a small void in my heart since my original Tamagotchi started glitching out on me.
Besides, I can just pirate the other version and have the best of both worlds! Two for one deal doesn't sound bad.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also j cole was right to step out of the diss battle imo, he dodged a bullet with that one