FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HuBu said:
Hi I am new here.

Do you find GS will be checking carts with their Pichu promotion? Or can I just walk in there and download the Pichu and then walk out?

It's given away via their DS Download Stations. You don't even have to go in, just gotta get close enough to the signal. And no, they won't check it. They don't give a shit.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
silleeel said:
I dont fancy paying for another pokemon game thats basically the same game that was released bck in the early 90's but with a new lick of paint on! And yes it may be a remake but every pokemon is pretty much the same game!

lol, you're making Pokemon out to be older than it really is. The first games came out in Japan in 1996, and didn't hit North American 'til Sept. 1998. Had these games truly come out in the "early" 90s, I myself would've been part of the Pokemon generation. As it stands, I started playing Red around the time I started Grade 10.

QUOTE(orangedoll @ Jan 26 2010, 04:34 PM) I'm planning to buy SS. I own the old silver and played it on the original gameboy (yea that 1989 gameboy). I still have that old platform.. somewhere in my stuffs..! Can't wait for SS XD

Your post threw me for a minute, as I could've sworn Gold and Silver were GBC-only. However I went to check the boxes for Silver and Crystal (yeah, still got 'em, lol), and Silver is indeed compatible with the original model. All I can say is wow, how did that look?
blink.gif

Crystal, apparently, was the GBC-exclusive title.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
26, and I still play Pokemon. Started out with the original blue and red on the gb, and now, I feel like a crack addict for buying it again. Oh well, Pokemon Gold/Silver is the best one....

Oh, and G/S was compatible with both the GB and GBC? Argh...I remember buying a GBC (for around $100) just for Pokemon. And the Pokewalker - amazing - I might just pick up another Pokewalker...and I wonder if Nintendo will start selling just the Pokewalker...because I envision a lot of lost ones. (I usually walk 2000+ steps, it's a very little amount...so yeah, I have some time for walking...)

I love Pokemon Pikachu, although...so that's my basis to for pre-ordering PKMN SS.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
astrangeone said:
26, and I still play Pokemon. Started out with the original blue and red on the gb, and now, I feel like a crack addict for buying it again. Oh well, Pokemon Gold/Silver is the best one....

Oh, and G/S was compatible with both the GB and GBC? Argh...I remember buying a GBC (for around $100) just for Pokemon. And the Pokewalker - amazing - I might just pick up another Pokewalker...and I wonder if Nintendo will start selling just the Pokewalker...because I envision a lot of lost ones. (I usually walk 2000+ steps, it's a very little amount...so yeah, I have some time for walking...)

I love Pokemon Pikachu, although...so that's my basis to for pre-ordering PKMN SS.

Pokemon G/S is a Gameboy Color game, not a Gameboy game. The packages says "Gameboy Color" on the side, not to mention all the Pokemon are in colors. In the original one, they were pretty much black and white.

But I love the nostalgia of Pokemon, but buying a new game won't really do that. Buying another copy of Pokemon Gold or Silver would do that (since I lost my Silver cartridge years ago and I lent out my Crystal one to a friend). I enjoyed playing Gold and Silver as much as the next guy, but that's just because Pokemon can be numbingly addictive, depending on whether you're into the gameplay or not. The newer Pokemon games don't bring back any nostalgia, they're just another game. The older ones will give me flashbacks of my childhood and a crave to play them again.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I am getting it. but it might be the last pokemon game I buy. nintendo is eighter recycling too much or coming up with dull stuff.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
astrangeone said:

Pokemon G/S is a Gameboy Color game, not a Gameboy game. The packages says "Gameboy Color" on the side, not to mention all the Pokemon are in colors. In the original one, they were pretty much black and white.

But I love the nostalgia of Pokemon, but buying a new game won't really do that. Buying another copy of Pokemon Gold or Silver would do that (since I lost my Silver cartridge years ago and I lent out my Crystal one to a friend). I enjoyed playing Gold and Silver as much as the next guy, but that's just because Pokemon can be numbingly addictive, depending on whether you're into the gameplay or not. The newer Pokemon games don't bring back any nostalgia, they're just another game. The older ones will give me flashbacks of my childhood and a crave to play them again.

Very true. Just last week, I caught my "non-nerdy" club president playing Crystal on his gbc. Can you say...busted? But sadly, I sold my GBC and Pokemon games a long time ago on ebay - I had a gbc, all three Pokemon games and I was basically saying...please buy them!

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
astrangeone said:
Very true. Just last week, I caught my "non-nerdy" club president playing Crystal on his gbc. Can you say...busted? But sadly, I sold my GBC and Pokemon games a long time ago on ebay - I had a gbc, all three Pokemon games and I was basically saying...please buy them!

Ah, you should never give up the old nostalgic titles. Though I don't use it anymore, I've still got my GBC in its original packaging (it was the special Pokemon Gold/Silver colored unit) along with Red, Yellow, Silver and Crystal and all the packaging.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was going to when the Pokewalker was announced, but I'm not now.

I play on actually buying Monster Hunter Tri and/or Red Steel 2, though.

Besides PS3, I haven't paid for a game since like 2007.

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
astrangeone said:

Yes, but it was compatible with both GB and GBC, G/S carts looked like this which you were able to play on both. Only crystal was GBC only, This is the GBC only cart.

I won't be buying it, I doubt i'll even pirate it, I've grown tired of playing the same game now, so won't be worth it imo…

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
HuBu said:
tattar8 said:
HuBu said:
this is my first time doing the download play. can someone tell me what i need to do?
What are you talking about?

getting the pichu from GS.
Wrong forum/topic/thread!

There is one all about this, please search. If unable to find then start a new thread but with a complete title as per the rules.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kjIXjGzImE