So who is keeping there xbox360/PS3 after PS4 or Xbox One releases?

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it worth keeping or should I let my 360 and PS3 go for now while there still worth something? Or should I hang on to them maybe for collectible value 20-30 years down the road?

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Pfft, I'm still keeping my PS2 after the PS4 is released. (Don't have money for PC master race and consoles at the same time.)

Reactions: BAHIM Z 360

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I'm still undecided but I will keep my PS3 until March-May 2014 as I'll be playing Dark Souls 2. Then I'll either trade it in or give it to my son.
I'd probably get some decent credit for a 500gb PS3 Super Slim.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep my old console unless I need to sell it for money to get the new one( and because it's backwards compatible). But some people think that's its still the 1980's were if a new console is out you have to get it because it's better in every way.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never sell any of your games or consoles unless you're sure it's what you want. I traded five games into Gamestop and I've felt awful ever since. That piece of shit has a portion of my game collection that I'll never get back :(

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You strapped for cash or something? There's absolutely no point selling your old hardware unless you need the money, and if you plan on spending it on a PS4/Xbone then you'd be an idiot since the 360/PS3 have a massive library that neither of those consoles can touch, all they'll have is crappy launch titles for full price.

Never sell any of your games or consoles unless you're sure it's what you want. I traded five games into Gamestop and I've felt awful ever since. That piece of shit has a portion of my game collection that I'll never get back :(

Willingly trades in games > cries that gamestop is shit
Logic.
No one has it.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The lack of backwards compatibility in the next gen machines makes it a no-brainer, especially with the PS4/PS3. If you subscribe to PS+, you're going to get free games on both systems. That's a hard deal to pass up.

Selling your current gen machine now is a pretty shortsighted move, especially since the next gen consoles won't be worth purchasing for another 6-12 months, at least.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You strapped for cash or something? There's absolutely no point selling your old hardware unless you need the money, and if you plan on spending it on a PS4/Xbone then you'd be an idiot since the 360/PS3 have a massive library that neither of those consoles can touch, all they'll have is crappy launch titles for full price.

Willingly trades in games > cries that gamestop is shit
Logic.
No one has it.

But I've grown since then. I debated with myself for weeks trying to come up with a good reason for trading in my games. The only good thing I got out of this was a brand new copy of Thor for $3 dollars. It was the only good thing that ever happened to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-