Hacking so is sigpatched sysnand good or not?

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure?
According @iAqua the home menu is replaced with whatever you set the default title to so the only way to remove it would be with a fork of iosuhax that starts wupserver and then calls to boot the title of home menu instead of just calling homemenu which will redirect to hachi and begin the loop again

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
So using quick start menu to semi 'cold boot' iosu cfw still means you have to unplug power cord or not?

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
So using quick start menu to semi 'cold boot' iosu cfw still means you have to unplug power cord or not?
If you power off while iosu cfw is enabled or while on RedNand you will get the flashing light bug, the only way to avoid this is either 1 plug out 2 use the ROP ios reboot homebrew or 3 boot to vwii then power off

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Last edited by KevinX8,

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
People were saying that leaving your console in standby (Which allows you to enable quick start) leaves the WiiU vulnerable to silent/background update (If one is ever released).

Im not 100% on this, But it was a big thing here in this section a while ago that it is risky leaving your WiiU in standby mode, Even with DNS. Anyone clarify this is still the case with TubeHax or Chncdcksn?

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
People were saying that leaving your console in standby (Which allows you to enable quick start) leaves the WiiU vulnerable to silent/background update (If one is ever released).

Im not 100% on this, But it was a big thing here in this section a while ago that it is risky leaving your WiiU in standby mode, Even with DNS. Anyone clarify this is still the case with TubeHax or Chncdcksn?
It can't update if it can't download the update so yes having one of those DNS' will prevent the update from occuring

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
It can't update if it can't download the update so yes having one of those DNS' will prevent the update from occuring
Im aware that they disable updates, Been using both for awhile, But not in standby mode. But what Im asking is, Are the DNS's still applied in low power mode/sleep mode, Because there was a big thing about low power mode/sleep mode allowing silent updates. Search this section (Maybe before you joined I believe?).

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
Im aware that they disable updates, Been using both for awhile, But not in standby mode. But what Im asking is, Are the DNS's still applied in low power mode/sleep mode, Because there was a big thing about low power mode/sleep mode allowing silent updates. Search this section (Maybe before you joined I believe?).
If the wii u ignored your internet settings in standby then people who use proxies, required DNS's for network etc will find that standby mode is completely useless so I am pretty confident that they are applied no sense in them not being applied

pietempgba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then you can just block these ip addresses on your router

• nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do you use quickstarthax?

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
then you can just block these ip addresses on your router

• nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do you use quickstarthax?
Lmao it's not even a hack its a convenient feature nintendo made for us but none used it. First you need to make a haxchi ready title into homebrew launcher and simply launch it from the quick start menu. Follow the instructions on the haxchi thread on how to do this

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
quick start was/is not a good idea if you use OpenDNS, as the default value of OpenDNS is "allow all connections" instead of forbid them.
if you ever change your IP, OpenDNS will not protect you anymore and the idle state will silently update (if any new update is released).

If you use proper URL filtering (router or proxy) it should be fine.
you can also completely delete your wifi ! you don't need internet anymore on the console (unless you want to play online or access eshop/miiverse). but lot of users only activated the network to launch HBL. If you don't need internet you can disable it entirely as Haxchi is now launching HBL in full offline mode.

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country

quick start was/is not a good idea if you use OpenDNS, as the default value of OpenDNS is "allow all connections" instead of forbid them.
if you ever change your IP, OpenDNS will not protect you anymore and the idle state will silently update (if any new update is released).

If you use proper URL filtering (router or proxy) it should be fine.
you can also completely delete your wifi ! you don't need internet anymore on the console (unless you want to play online or access eshop/miiverse). but lot of users only activated the network to launch HBL. If you don't need internet you can disable it entirely as Haxchi is now launching HBL in full offline mode.

Yeah I have a BT router & cant add these addresses to mine. I have a dinamic IP, So openDNS is a no go for me too. Cyan, There was a big thing about this before, Right. Can you verify if my quote above is still the case or bull? It may seem silly that the console doesn't apply the DNS in low power sleep mode, But there were a lot of people middle to end of last year saying just that.

Either way I would never put my console in this mode anyway... No need for it here, But I would like for someone to clarify it 100%

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never tried the quick launch mode.
I'm using CCProxy, I could try and see if it uses the proxy option (some apps don't, like netflix), but it has to use DNS setting or else it couldn't know the server's IP to connect to.
the only way it doesn't use the DNS setting is if it knows nintendo's servers IP. if it knows the IP why not use the DNS server only in standby mode and not also in wake up mode? (sorry, lot of negative form is hard to follow. if the wiiu knows nintendo's IP, then why use DNS in the first place for updates?)

But that's only assumption, like you said. Better test and be sure.

vickdu31

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, since there are no "system titles" easly findable, the risk is pretty low. I use it on sysnand so you don't have to use an SD card at all.
So with wupinstaller, use ONLY nintendo content and you'll be fine :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeet the cat.