Hardware So is all switch games running more than 2 players gonna be at 30FPS?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering even PS4 and Xbone games have trouble with many multiplayer games maintaining 60 fps with more than 2 players (And some with just 2 players even), I wouldn't expect Nintendo to somehow be able to maintain 60fps for most multiplayer games with more than 2 players.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yet the games still run amazingly on the Switch (Minus a select few which are bad ports)
I'm not doubting it has its perks. But since it's release there's been nothing but complaints. Faulty components, poor damage causing design, framerates, lack of third party support, etc. I think once the wow factor fades and people get bored with the same franchising software, they're gunna look back and ask themselves "why'd I buy this piece of shit?"

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
It will likely depending on the game, something like puyo puyo tetris is allot simpler graphically compared to Mario Kart.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm not doubting it has its perks. But since it's release there's been nothing but complaints. Faulty components, poor damage causing design, framerates, lack of third party support, etc. I think once the wow factor fades and people get bored with the same franchising software, they're gunna look back and ask themselves "why'd I buy this piece of shit?"
I haven't seen any complaints about faulty components recently, Also the system literally came out 3 monthes ago why are people complaining about third party support...
Most systems don't have games coming out every other week

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen any complaints about faulty components recently, Also the system literally came out 3 monthes ago why are people complaining about third party support...
Most systems don't have games coming out every other week
Most third party companies pulled out before the release of the switch due to it being highly underpowered by today's standards. The joycon and screen scratching dock are still going on.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
MK8D renders at 60fps when it's 2-player for both sides. It's 3 and 4-player that it becomes 30fps per window (2 windows are rendered per frame, with only HUD elements rendering each frame regardless of window).

Fast RMX renders at 60fps regardless of how many players there are, as it uses dynamic resolution to scale down when it's dealing with more than it can handle.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website