Unable to connect to other consoles (mario kart 8 deluxe)

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So, I got the NSO free trial, bc i might buy it later on.

Aaand, the first impressions are, uhh, not so good.
Every time I try to get into a match in mario kart, it says "searching for players" for 1 minutes, then it says: Error code: 2618-0516 Unable to connect to the other consoles(s)
NAT traversal proccess has failed.

I look it up and, yeah it has to do with the NAT thing. I do a test connection on my switch and turns out i have NAT type B. Which, according to nintendo, should be fine.
I tried the DNS thing where you type 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in primary and secondary dns respectively.

I also tried putting ip adresses gateway subnet masks and all that great stuff again, according to nintendo's website

I also tried restarting my router. Nope. Gave up for the night and slept.
And yep today still barfs me out this error.
And this only happens with mario kart; any other switch game works good online (ie. mario wonder and tetris 99)

If anyone knows what's up please let me know.
Thank you and sorry for bothering y'all.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
You will need to configure your router to work with Switch online from what you have said. Mario Kart 8 is one of the more fussy games when it comes to having the router configured correctly.

First ensure UPnP is enabled on your router, that is a good starting point.

If you still get the 2618-0516 error after that then the Switch might also need a static IP on your local network. You can essentially do this as a DHCP reservation on your router (essentially the router will always give the Switch the same IP on your local network) this will then allow to setup a static port, which should resolve the 2618-0516 error.

As to how you do this on your router you will have to read the manual for the router you have.

I use pfSense for my router / firewall and this is how I fixed online play: Guide to Fix Nintendo Switch 2618-0516 Unable to Connect to others console / NAT traversal

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Upnp is already enabled.
One weird thing i noticed is that my nat type is flip-flopping between B and D.
Probably has to do with that static IP thing. Gonna try this in a bit.
Thanks for your help.

Edit: It's still giving me the same error but instead of code 2618-0516 it gives me 2618-0513. Idk what this means
Edit 2: I LITERALLY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING and it suddenly worked. OK, not complaing ONE single bit. Thanks anyway!

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Spoiler alert: it stopped working again. SOMEHOW.

Ik you posted a link in order to give my switch a static ip, but i have no idea how to do it on my router.
BUT I did port forward my switch aaand good news: I achieved a pure NAT type A.
Bad news: the moment i open kart 8 deluxe, it drops to D. So I probably have to do that static ip dmz thing.
I don't know anymore.

Nintendo please add normal servers to your fucking games. Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto